Bit Of A Yarn

Written Questions for Winston and Messara to Answer.

Chief Stipe

10 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Good luck gathering questions CS.

Most in the Greyhound code tend to remain ultra quiet while their future is being decided for them.

Expect all the noise to start after any decisions have been made....

I think you will find greyhounds wont even be mentioned

43 minutes ago, BitofaLegend said:

I think the biggest question would be, what does this report mean for the direction of all 3 codes going forward?

You would have to expect that this will be a major part of Messara's report, hence impossible to pose the question

47 minutes ago, BitofaLegend said:

I think the problem is. Its hard to provide decent questions without knowing the contents of the report. However, im almost certain it will heavily focus on positive outcomes for the thouroughbreds and will show little interest in the harness and the greys

Once again, sorry to be the harbinger of optimism, but I think, by the recommendation of substantial cost reduction at NZRB, if not total abolition, that will benefit all 3 codes with the extra money to be distributed

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

5 hours ago, hesi said:

Once again, sorry to be the harbinger of optimism, but I think, by the recommendation of substantial cost reduction at NZRB, if not total abolition, that will benefit all 3 codes with the extra money to be distributed

I hate to say it but if this is the only benefit the codes will receive, how will it lead towards a more sustainable future? We need something revolutionary if we want racing to not only survive, but thrive and if increasing stakes across the board is their answer, than I would be very worried

Messara is a smart guy, he knows his recommendations must be inclusive of all 3 codes, or it will cause so much division.

I think people are getting carried away thinking because he is focussing on thoroughbreds, that his recommendations won't apply equally to harness and greyhounds.

And of course those recommendations must come up with a business model that gives rise to a sustainable future

• Like 1

• hesi unfeatured and unpinned this topic