Bit Of A Yarn

Te Akau: Walker vs Richards

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I see the usual Te Akau knockers are out and about cutting down tall poppies.

Criticising Mark Walker and spruiking Jamie Richards without any idea of the stats.

Walker currently getting a win every 6 starts.  Richards still finding his feet with 1 win in 30 starts.

1 win

3 - 2nd 

0 - 3rds

4 - 4ths

3 - 5ths

he made the decision to give all the horses a good break and wasn’t able to train them properly until August. Been watching the little mini series the HKJC has been doing on Jamie…fascinating stuff. Completely different to what happens here in a racing stable. Go and check it out on youtube or facebook

7 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I see the usual Te Akau knockers are out and about cutting down tall poppies.

Criticising Mark Walker and spruiking Jamie Richards without any idea of the stats.

Walker currently getting a win every 6 starts.  Richards still finding his feet with 1 win in 30 starts.

Chief, what a ridiculous comparison, surely you can come up with better argument than that to defend TA….. or maybe not🤷‍♂️  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tesio said:

Chief, what a ridiculous comparison, surely you can come up with better argument than that to defend TA….. or maybe not🤷‍♂️  

I'm not defending TA.  Their record speaks for itself.

I would say that the moment David Ellis retires and or TA ceases doing business in NZ is the day NZ Racing’s lights have been turned off.

On 11/11/2022 at 2:13 PM, Tesio said:

agree.  compare their NZ records and Richard's strike rate has always been under 6 usually under 5 and i bet Walker comes nowhere near his average stake money or group and listed winners this season. 

Edited by Peanut

6 minutes ago, Peanut said:

agree.  compare their NZ records and Richard's strike rate has always been under 6 usually under 5 and i bet Walker comes nowhere near his average stake money or group and listed winners this season. 

Probably won't but not because of a poorer training effort but for the fact that he can't get a track to race his horses on when they are ready!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Probably won't but not because of a poorer training effort but for the fact that he can't get a track to race his horses on when they are ready!

And thats what will turn out the lights on NZ Racing.  Not DCE ceasing business and going to lie on the beach at Waikiki.

Mark Walker is a share holder in the Te Akau brand so not a given that TA completely disappears , may evolve into something a bit different but sure it will still have a presence .

As for the Richards v Walker debate i am a huge Richards fan but  Walker is in a rebuilding phase as in the absolute top horses , so i would give 12/18 months to see if he's made a difference .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nomates said:

Mark Walker is a share holder in the Te Akau brand so not a given that TA completely disappears , may evolve into something a bit different but sure it will still have a presence .

Walker is a minority share holder.  I would say Ellis is the only reason TA still do most of their racing in NZ.

• 4 months later...