Bit Of A Yarn

Awapuni , the future of CD racing .

1 hour ago, Freda said:

Clearly, then, the material that is taught to these fellas is flawed  [or else they are as thick as planks and can't learn],  or else the course is just not long enough to hammer stuff home.

It's not flawed.  Just impossible to implement when the tracks are so stuffed and need major renovations.

2 hours ago, Huey said:

But isn't that partly down to the poor mangement and utilisation of the tracks?

Many of the venues have been over used due to extremely poor decision making at an industry management level, the venue plan springs to mind. Implemented by a fool who has since departed our fair shores , this was a plan that like most of the strategic initiatives at NZTR look great on paper but unfortunately don't play out that way in reality.

What other industry would hold itself to ransom (i.e. refuse to use very good and capable venues and let them rot in the hope they can eventually be sold off) to the detriment of its own future?  

Spot on.

• Like 1

One thing I don't understand re Riccarton is that they've had 3 months since the National meeting to get the track reseeded and ready for cup week. How come the riders were still reporting it very patchy and lots of bare patches once they cut the long flattened grass and you could actually see it. 3 meetings between I think but surely they could have been re-located to Timaru or Ashburton to facilitate the grass re-establishment if necessary.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, curious said:

One thing I don't understand re Riccarton is that they've had 3 months since the National meeting to get the track reseeded and ready for cup week. How come the riders were still reporting it very patchy and lots of bare patches once they cut the long flattened grass and you could actually see it. 3 meetings between I think but surely they could have been re-located to Timaru or Ashburton to facilitate the grass re-establishment if necessary.

The old story, C, is that to remediate a problem, you must be aware that there is one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1