Bit Of A Yarn

SANTANNA MACH...

Davis

Santanna Mach is another example of the superb horsemanship of Michael House.

Santanna Mach won the Otaki Cup and Wairarapapa Cups on the Central Northern circuit. Santanna Mach is a nine year old gelding and he has won $147.871. Wow!

Michael House deserves kudos for keeping his horses going all season from Auckland to Invercargill. For good measure Mr House also won the main trot Cup with Break Free. Well done Michael House.

Note, that young Nancy Delaney seems a talented young junior driver up north. She won a few on the circuit. A hame to watch?

Edited by Davis
spelling... on the sherry again, HP!
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Davis said:

Santanna Mach won the Otaki Cup and Wairarapapa Cups on the Central Northern circuit. Santanna Mach is a nine year old gelding and he has won $147.871. Wow!

Michael House deserves kudos for keeping his horses going all season from Auckland to Invercargill. For good measure Mr House also won the main trot Cup with Break Free. Well done Michael House.

Note, that young Nancy Delaney seems a talented young junior driver up north. She won a few on the circuit. A hame to watch?

Who is Nancy Delaney?

Nathan?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/01/2023 at 4:31 PM, Davis said:

Mickey Mouse never been a fav of mine, but good on him for seeing an opportunity to race horses mainly at Manawatu. I find his horses hard to follow, those field up north are usually shit, then they come to Canterbury and either run well down the track, or somehow win. I thought he was getting out of harness, said he was losing money??

I suppose he will be remembered for getting youngsters up and running, people paying big bucks for them at an early stage with mixed results, oh and of course the early crow on Castletons Missions🤭

• Champ Post 1
  • Fake News! 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Mickey Mouse never been a fav of mine, but good on him for seeing an opportunity to race horses mainly at Manawatu. I find his horses hard to follow, those field up north are usually shit, then they come to Canterbury and either run well down the track, or somehow win. I thought he was getting out of harness, said he was losing money??

I suppose he will be remembered for getting youngsters up and running, people paying big bucks for them at an early stage with mixed results, oh and of course the early crow on Castletons Missions🤭

Newmarket, I think you are being harsh on Mr House. Yes, his horses are hard to follow in Canterbury/Southland but that is more because of the rating system than Mr House's training ability. Horses like Changearound for example might win every 10 starts or so. The horse has limited ability so if it goes up a grade struggles to it goes down to the right grade again. Many races have a junior driver claim and are penalty free. 

Now, I think Mr House is a genius to keep track of all of these things and keeping his horses fit and well at the same time. I don't understand the ratings system and I don't look at racing programmes to see upcoming penalty free races. 

Yes, he gets younger horses going and sells them on. Good on him. And he is not the only stable that does this.

Another reason for Mr House's success is he uses top drivers - Orange, Sarah O'Reilly, Samantha Ottley and Wilson House seems OK. 

Mr House performs a vital role in harness, without him the industry would be in even more trouble.

1 hour ago, paleface adios said:

he should use Matt Anderson when he comes back outstanding horseman

Dead set gave them on from the tapes

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=E485FAFD-B8F6-4205-9C75-52199D21DA45&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

Edited by Rangatira
  • Fake News! 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/01/2023 at 9:11 AM, Davis said:

Newmarket, I think you are being harsh on Mr House. Yes, his horses are hard to follow in Canterbury/Southland but that is more because of the rating system than Mr House's training ability. Horses like Changearound for example might win every 10 starts or so. The horse has limited ability so if it goes up a grade struggles to it goes down to the right grade again. Many races have a junior driver claim and are penalty free. 

Now, I think Mr House is a genius to keep track of all of these things and keeping his horses fit and well at the same time. I don't understand the ratings system and I don't look at racing programmes to see upcoming penalty free races. 

Yes, he gets younger horses going and sells them on. Good on him. And he is not the only stable that does this.

Another reason for Mr House's success is he uses top drivers - Orange, Sarah O'Reilly, Samantha Ottley and Wilson House seems OK. 

Mr House performs a vital role in harness, without him the industry would be in even more trouble.

Everyone has their own opinion on drivers & trainers, but for mine I do not bet as much once certain trainers have runners in fields. 
Look at Warloch tonight, pays $44 yet couldn’t keep up recently. Yes, speed duel helped it winning, but I will keep away from House runners

• Bad Post 1

4 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Everyone has their own opinion on drivers & trainers, but for mine I do not bet as much once certain trainers have runners in fields. 
Look at Warloch tonight, pays $44 yet couldn’t keep up recently. Yes, speed duel helped it winning, but I will keep away from House runners

Great training performance to win again at 50/1 just like it's last win at Kaikoura in the big sales race.its always had a big last half in it in a fast run race.it did race very consistently at Auckland 

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

On 28/01/2023 at 2:43 AM, Forbury said:

Great training performance to win again at 50/1 just like it's last win at Kaikoura in the big sales race.its always had a big last half in it in a fast run race.it did race very consistently at Auckland 

Not sure it’s a good training effort when the others go crazy out it front, the 2nd runner went huge.

Good luck to them, yes they dominate in the weak  classes up Nth, be good if he stays up there. 

• Bad Post 1

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Not sure it’s a good training effort when the others go crazy out it front, the 2nd runner went huge.

Good luck to them, yes they dominate in the weak  classes up Nth, be good if he stays up there. 

Warloch was racing the best the north had to offer when he was up there from memory.its very obvious m house has become a better trainer but the horses do run hugely different one run to another.he is getting better at making them race at there best.prime example is break free who has won alot of races after being a thirty start maiden.i told Mark Jones when it was a thirty start maiden he should train it as he would win at least four races with it and m house has won 8 from memory 

3 hours ago, Forbury said:

Warloch was racing the best the north had to offer when he was up there from memory.its very obvious m house has become a better trainer but the horses do run hugely different one run to another.he is getting better at making them race at there best.prime example is break free who has won alot of races after being a thirty start maiden.i told Mark Jones when it was a thirty start maiden he should train it as he would win at least four races with it and m house has won 8 from memory 

You could not back Warloch at all with the way it had been going!

Same when it won at Kaikoura!

Form book is thrown out the window when horses that have been going poorly, actually come out and win!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brodie said:

Form book is thrown out the window when horses that have been going poorly, actually come out and win!!!

Warloch is a older horse now thus  why the inconsistency.house has done a fantastic job to get it to peak in between all the bad runs.it cost me a fortune when it won at Kaikoura but hats off to house for getting it to run so well.when they are at 20/1+ and they can win on there best form I don't see any reason not to back then.ive always followed this a a rule.

On 29/01/2023 at 9:40 PM, Brodie said:

Thats where you are wrong I backed him both times.  He was the fastest horse in that field on Friday night going on times and his run at Nelson where he went 1:53 wasn't that bad. Way over the odds and yes I did crack open the champagne after the race.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Thats where you are wrong I backed him both times.  He was the fastest horse in that field on Friday night going on times and his run at Nelson where he went 1:53 wasn't that bad. Way over the odds and yes I did crack open the champagne after the race.

Well done if you got onto him.

I dont bet into the tighter type races xo havent been following him at all,  however Looking at how he had been going snd opposition I couldnt have had him.

• Haha 1