Bit Of A Yarn

Raids'n'Cheats? No worries

jess

Why didn't the RIU investigate this? They were the ones to pass it on to the police.

The RIU are the ones tasked with doing the policing of the three codes.

If the RIU can't investigate race fixing, drugs & live baiting in the greyhound code, what do they do to justify their existence?

Checking the colour of saddle cloths, counting whip strikes & checking the colour of handlers socks? Really?

At the end of the day, people (trainers/jockeys/drivers/LP's/so on) are going to do what they do. That in itself should be a minor problem. The major problem is the enforcement of the rules has been all but non-existent for far to long & that's what will take the industries down.

What has happened, happened. What wasn't done/ignored about what did happen is the major problem.

Axe the RIU ASAP.

That's the place to start ANY reform to save the three industries.

56 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Why didn't the RIU investigate this? They were the ones to pass it on to the police.

The RIU are the ones tasked with doing the policing of the three codes.

If the RIU can't investigate race fixing, drugs & live baiting in the greyhound code, what do they do to justify their existence?

Checking the colour of saddle cloths, counting whip strikes & checking the colour of handlers socks? Really?

At the end of the day, people (trainers/jockeys/drivers/LP's/so on) are going to do what they do. That in itself should be a minor problem. The major problem is the enforcement of the rules has been all but non-existent for far to long & that's what will take the industries down.

What has happened, happened. What wasn't done/ignored about what did happen is the major problem.

Axe the RIU ASAP.

That's the place to start ANY reform to save the three industries.

I would have though if the riu found evidence of criminal activity then they would be required to report it to the police for them to investigate and make a decision on the next course of action. Also I wouldn’t have thought the riu could investigate a non licenced person either if there were any involved  

Seems to me from some of your posts that you have an axe to grinde with the riu which may or may not be justified but I don’t think you can fault them for passing the investigation over to the police. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

I would have though if the riu found evidence of criminal activity then they would be required to report it to the police for them to investigate and make a decision on the next course of action. Also I wouldn’t have thought the riu could investigate a non licenced person either if there were any involved  

Seems to me from some of your posts that you have an axe to grinde with the riu which may or may not be justified but I don’t think you can fault them for passing the investigation over to the police. 

Fair comment.

However, the RIU investigated and laid charges against a casual employee (volunteer) in the recent animal welfare case who wasn't an LP.

Lets get this straight. The RIU acted on information handed to them from an outside source, 

What Glenda Hughes actually said was they acted on information received. They didn't go looking for anything by themselves, they relied on blabermouths. That makes them bloody toothless  Fine after the fact . I agree with Yankiwi,s assessment.

• Like 2

Don't know and don't care about the source - disgruntled, fully gruntled or otherwise.  I'm not looking to bag whoever informed if it turns out they informed about a load of cheats. 

The source may be saint or sinner. But if cheating has been exposed - I say that needed to happen.

• Like 4