Bit Of A Yarn

alysha waretini

the galah

5 minutes ago, the galah said:

It does make you question both and illustrates why people lack confidence in the fairness of penalties sometimes.

In this case it seems waretinis submissions may have swayed the adjudicators.

She submitted that they,i assume the RIB were unfair

With Grimstone involved she may have had a point.

The RIB could appeal against themselves.  But unless Waretini wins her other appeal she is effectively rubbed out of the industry anyway.

But I guess that has never stopped some from grinding the jackboot heel.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

With Grimstone involved she may have had a point.

The RIB could appeal against themselves.  But unless Waretini wins her other appeal she is effectively rubbed out of the industry anyway.

But I guess that has never stopped some from grinding the jackboot heel.

If anyone does the things she has done, they don't deserve the privilege of holding a license. I don't care what sex, race, religious belief or who they support politically. The actions she performed are not on & have no place in the sport.

The even more dangerous part in this penalty decision in my eyes, which I've already alluded too, is the precedent that has been now etched into the records.

How can $400 for animal abuse, $400 for a 2nd instance of animal abuse & $400 for a physical assault be considered a deterrent?

What happens if my hypothetical burly bloke shoulder charges a woman into a concrete wall in the future? Will he held to account by the GRNZ rule book and be fined $400 for his physical assault, or will he be trotted down the police station to be charged under crown law? Would the woman that was charged feel that the bloke has received a fair penalty & feel safe next time they walk down the same narrow alleyway together, especially when both of their tempers are flaring?

Since it's highly unlikely the fine will ever be paid & even if it is paid, $1200 will make little or no difference to the balance sheet, why not impose a $5K fine for each charge? That would be far more likely to be a deterrent to others.

If burly bloke gets fined $400 for assault, he can use the $480 he won in purse money for the 2nd place finish in the C1 sprint to pay for it, in the race that the woman's dog actually won after marring his dog to get past it. Maybe if we're lucky, the assault happen on the track for the live camera to capture, like when Alysha picked up Malcom's dog at the lure & threw it backwards a meter.

The main thing is that Double Thunder came out of it reasonably unscathed (cheese helped a lot with much cuddling). The handler Melanie was horribly shaken though. She had only been with us for 12 months at that time and there was no way she could have been prepared for this situation.  How could she be? 

We do need to keep in mind that we all also have great times within this industry and form lifetime friendships. THIS is the part of it that's worth talking about and remembering.   

Keep well everybody.

Lisa Grant

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, I'm a kiwi said:

We do need to keep in mind that we all also have great times within this industry and form lifetime friendships.

Agree 100%.

I've made some long-lasting friendships during my time in the industry. Being there for them since & now has been my food to continue a relentless battle to highlight & fight for what is right for an industry that I love.

The problems still exist. I continue to fight.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Agree 100%.

I've made some long-lasting friendships during my time in the industry. Being there for them since & now has been my food to continue a relentless battle to highlight & fight for what is right for an industry that I love.

The problems still exist. I continue to fight.

God help the Greyhound industry if you ever decide to be against them!!!!

• Haha 2

Nothing that is going on in any of the three codes has to be this hard, does it?

I have been in racing forever and it seems to me that nowadays the more authorities get paid the less they do and the more unreasonable they become.  I was brought up on hard work, respect for your elders and common sense.  I am sure these morals and ethics must not have applied to all households as I see very few families go without and sure know how to hold their hands out.  I don't take crap from anyone but, stop at being disrespectful like a lot I see around the town.  As far as common sense is concerned I am lost for words on practically any subject or industry you could name.

All greyhound trainers are trying to do the same thing; win races and provide an enjoyable entertaining product.  Same for harness and thoroughbreds.  Drivers and jockeys may be rivals on the track but are all doing the same thing and have a general respect for each other.

I think I agree with most on these threads in that the authorities are placing emphasis and energies in the wrong places.  To me they are hammering easy targets and turning a blind eye to others.  As has been said a million times there must be consistency across the codes with administering the rules and applying the judicial process.

Red tape is ruining what should be an enjoyable industry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

God help the Greyhound industry if you ever decide to be against them!!!!

Believe me, I have had my quiet moments where I thought to myself "fuck the lot of them" and pondered altering my energies in another more sinister direction. However, that is not who I am. Besides, it would be of no benefit to me & only hurt many good people doing the real day to day work in the industry, some of which I still consider to be friends.

If I could work to close down the deadweight on the GRNZ board & those just wasting space in GRNZ headquarters and do a clean out of the RIB, especially in the judiciary arm of it, then help them to replace with competent people (likely far fewer) with at least some knowledge of the industry, integrity (a must) & not afraid to make some tough decision for the benefit of the industry as a whole as well as its participants and their dogs welfare, I'd be there in a flash.

Hell, I put in a lot of hard work on the forums targeting the policing arm of the RIU awhile back and after a rough couple of years or so for the old top dog (GW), he finally decided (forced?) to retire from the position he never should have held in the first place. That was a short-term win but I'm still seeing his crooked antics pop up in precedents in RIU/RIB decisions to this day every now & then.

This method does work, but it only at a snail's pace. Hopefully that's quick enough.

Stuff have been doing a "woke" hit job on Greyhound Racing for about 3 years now.  Google Virginia Fallon Stuff reporter.  Half of what she writes are illiterate opinion attack pieces.

This latest Stuff piece isn't balanced either with no mention of comparative penalties in the Court system.

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Stuff have been doing a "woke" hit job on Greyhound Racing for about 3 years now.  Google Virginia Fallon Stuff reporter.  Half of what she writes are illiterate opinion attack pieces.

This latest Stuff piece isn't balanced either with no mention of comparative penalties in the Court system.

It was a storm in a teacup, it would not of warranted any charges in the Court system.

13 minutes ago, aquaman said:

It was a storm in a teacup, it would not of warranted any charges in the Court system.

Exactly which brings into question the motivation of those who supposedly support the industry to criticise the penalties given.

It's the same for all three codes.  The Industry has bought into this "social license" nonsense which is a construct imagined by the woke and kowtow to it.  Why should participants in the industry be held to account to a level far and above the rest of society?

Doesn't it rankle you that SAFE and the SPCA have deemed it isn't worth laying complaints with MPI or the Police yet have the gall to say that the penalties handed down by the RIB are inadequate?  Hypocriscy at its worst!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/08/2023 at 8:59 PM, Special Agent said:

Never a truer phrase!!!!!

The Racing Industry has its self to blame for bending to woke bullshit in the first place thereby making a rod for their own back. They needed to stand firm in the first place. Now the genie is out of the bottle as it were, and reversing it will be nigh on impossible. The end game here is the total destruction of racing animals full stop. This will only apply to decadent woke corrupt soulless Western Countries. The rest of the World won't give a toss, and will carry on as always.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2023 at 9:18 AM, aquaman said:

Get over it, being assaulted with a wet bus ticket is not the end of the world. Far more serious events to ponder on than two sheilas pushing one another.

Female against male!  And it was not a wet bus ticket believe you me..  I have for more serious events than you to ponder but it doesn't mean I'm oblivious to right and wrong! And I know the difference.  If the authorities told you there are 12 months in a year you would disagree just because it came from the Authorities and probably because it gives you a buzz.  YOU WERENT EVEN ON TRACK FOR GODSAKE, NOR WERE YOU FOR THE FUCKIN YEARS AND YEARS BEFORE THAT so piss off.

17 hours ago, I'm a kiwi said:

Female against male!  And it was not a wet bus ticket believe you me..  I have for more serious events than you to ponder but it doesn't mean I'm oblivious to right and wrong! And I know the difference.  If the authorities told you there are 12 months in a year you would disagree just because it came from the Authorities and probably because it gives you a buzz.  YOU WERENT EVEN ON TRACK FOR GODSAKE, NOR WERE YOU FOR THE FUCKIN YEARS AND YEARS BEFORE THAT so piss off.

Were you there im a kiwi?. Bet you weren't. So it was an obese angry female beating the crap out of a skinny aged white male, [sorry Mal] that didn't require medical attention, or psychological counselling. Feelings were hurt though. Have I got this right im a kiwi.

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Were you there im a kiwi?. Bet you weren't. So it was an obese angry female beating the crap out of a skinny aged white male, [sorry Mal] that didn't require medical attention, or psychological counselling. Feelings were hurt though. Have I got this right im a kiwi.

Your right, I definitely was not there that day.  But I'm the skinny white 62 years old Grandfathers' wife lol. (Hi John ) But I never suffered from fear of missing out as during my previous visit to the track I was told I was a mongrel as was my dog . 🙂  

1 hour ago, I'm a kiwi said:

Your right, I definitely was not there that day.  But I'm the skinny white 62 years old Grandfathers' wife lol. (Hi John ) But I never suffered from fear of missing out as during my previous visit to the track I was told I was a mongrel as was my dog . 🙂  

Well what can i say. Suppose you could say she at least shared her anger around and didn't leave you out. You get points for being a wife and not a partner. Pension soon for the skinny Grandfather Lisa, who would ever of thought.😀

• Haha 1