Bit Of A Yarn

Marcoola.

Mardy

I was so pleased to see Marcoola salute last night.There is no doubting his ability and yes he had a horror season last season.He was pretty game last night,considering the run he had.If that was the same horse as last season he would of been gone at the 400m.I know its only one race,so not getting carried away,but i hope that he keeps on improving and he can be a force in the Open Class ranks this season.And i bet the Ford's also breathed a sigh of relief last night as well.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

I was so pleased to see Marcoola salute last night.There is no doubting his ability and yes he had a horror season last season.He was pretty game last night,considering the run he had.If that was the same horse as last season he would of been gone at the 400m.I know its only one race,so not getting carried away,but i hope that he keeps on improving and he can be a force in the Open Class ranks this season.And i bet the Ford's also breathed a sigh of relief last night as well.

was great to see him win and the spur too as the trotters need them as a bit weak the open class has been

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Agree there Mardy. Last season he didn't have much ticker at all and was spent at the 400. Will be a welcome addition to the ranks if the horse is firing on all cylinders. Monty will be stepping out again this year, and he is always a live chance if not a worldbeater.

Dark Horse is jogging again ,after the torn suspensory,  what could have been!. Early New Year for her back into it, and then show the world what she is made of. 

One horse that won last night at Adders is a fav of mine and has developed into a real racehorse. Haydens Meddle, a great money spinner for his owners, and hasn't reached his mark yet.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Agree there Mardy. Last season he didn't have much ticker at all and was spent at the 400. Will be a welcome addition to the ranks if the horse is firing on all cylinders. Monty will be stepping out again this year, and he is always a live chance if not a worldbeater.

Dark Horse is jogging again ,after the torn suspensory,  what could have been!. Early New Year for her back into it, and then show the world what she is made of. 

One horse that won last night at Adders is a fav of mine and has developed into a real racehorse. Haydens Meddle, a great money spinner for his owners, and hasn't reached his mark yet.

I like monty Rees, he tries his heart out every time, Dark horse still untapped potential and will only get better as he gets older!

Re Hayden's meddle, he has really improved, he seemed to always find one better earlier on in his career, you would love to have a bread and butter horse like that in your stable...He would be a star around the Victorian country cups circuit ..Hope he stays here though!!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I like monty Rees, he tries his heart out every time, Dark horse still untapped potential and will only get better as he gets older!

Re Hayden's meddle, he has really improved, he seemed to always find one better earlier on in his career, you would love to have a bread and butter horse like that in your stable...He would be a star around the Victorian country cups circuit ..Hope he stays here though!!

Its quite possible we may have two running in the Inter Trotters champs later this year. . We are thinking of sending Monty over and Father Christmas (after a first  up 2nd at Melton last night) is a definite  from Brent Lilleys barn. Interesting times.

2 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Its quite possible we may have two running in the Inter Trotters champs later this year. . We are thinking of sending Monty over and Father Christmas (after a first  up 2nd at Melton last night) is a definite  from Brent Lilleys barn. Interesting times.

I didn't realise that father Christmas was still in your ownership, that would be amazing to have 2 in the inters, both would thrive on the interdom format too.

5 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I didn't realise that father Christmas was still in your ownership, that would be amazing to have 2 in the inters, both would thrive on the interdom format too.

Yes we voted to send him over there, as he was not quite up to the best here and off long hncps in the lower grades. 

He has grown a leg over there to be honest, and very competitive . 

Majestic Man will hit the tracks soon , and put behind him the bad luck from the Jewels. (getting kicked and being on antibiotics he ran on heart alone )He wasn't that much inferior to the Purdons juggernaut Winterfell, so watch this space.  Some juveniles in the background coming along nicely as well. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

• 2 months later...
Guest CrossCodes
3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

What a great win, and the drive of the day. Funny race thou, great things happen gone 600m home, so leaders hampered a few, while marcola went woosh. Last year, every horse went quicker time than the winner today, go figure

Yes a great run, considering it was a joke of a race until they got to the 800m I thought it would be impossible for those behind to get into it,  Great Things Happen was awful all things considered.

Great to see a smaller trainer/driver win a big race.

26 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Yes a great run, considering it was a joke of a race until they got to the 800m I thought it would be impossible for those behind to get into it,  Great Things Happen was awful all things considered.

Great to see a smaller trainer/driver win a big race.

Yeah....leader was crap....2nd horse went very well. Good days racing....

• Like 1