Bit Of A Yarn

where c Johnson?

Honestjohn

On 2/07/2024 at 8:13 PM, curious said:

He's 60 actually. Did you miss his birthday?

Look, CWJ has been great for NZ racing, been around a long time and his record speaks for itself.

But to come back at his age after injury I think is a poor decision. Look at Tony Allan, pity he came back

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Look, CWJ has been great for NZ racing, been around a long time and his record speaks for itself.

But to come back at his age after injury I think is a poor decision. Look at Tony Allan, pity he came back

wow,  gee, first off!  are you a betting man?  if so,

I will wager you that both of those riders that you have mentioned!  - who,  I have know, going back 40 years - Would wipe the floor with ya re 'current fitness'.  How close to your 'fighting weigh' are You?  :)
ps. I be happy to bet ya re my current fitne$s!  (lol, hope CS was right about you be propping up the bar a lot!) 

They 100% should be able to chose weather to apply for their Licence each season.  They know if they can no longer ride safely! TK keeps his for the horse that he trains, he has no need to chase. CWJ I'm sure will keep focused on recovering! One thing that is very much in his camp, is he doesn't have to go through any silly eating reality to actually just make weight! Race fitness can only be got when and if that happens! Either Or, He be in a good place  to be dealing with it!