Bit Of A Yarn

due to his achievements in the game

Rangatira

10 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

God I didn’t realise that Harness is hemorrhaging so badly , when you look at those charts it’s very sad to see.

Of couwasrse with all this bullshit going on you start to wonder if the sport can survive.???

it will survive but only just  take a look at sa and nsw racing and see how bad that was and who was running that over there in the past

I think Mr Rennell has been a good ambassador and loyal servant of Harness racing.

I have never met him personally, but whenever I have seen him on tv or heard  him on the radio I have thought he always sounded like a man with personal integrity.

It is unfortunate he is leaving soon as he has the experience to help guide the sport through the stormy waters ahead.

I'm sure his hard work has been taken for granted by many within the sport.

With so many different personalities and so many interest groups it must be hard to lead an industry which is often divided.

He must be extremely disappointed with the actions of those ,which during his  tenure, have brought the sport into disrepute in the publics eyes, while at the same time recognizing there is a history of unfortunate practices which no man on his own will change. 

I think decisions, judgment calls he has made have always been for the right reasons, irrespective of how they are perceived or how people have reacted to them.  Blaming him for others failure would be very unfair.

My only negative would be he sometimes came across as too nice  to people who did not deserve it.

I hope he has a happy and long retirement.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1