Bit Of A Yarn

Tauranga transferred ... this could be interesting

curious

The Listed Team Wealleans Tauranga Classic will be run next week with a further announcement on the venue shortly. All other fields will be transferred as currently drawn with amendments to distances and extra ballots where necessary, as the maximum field size at Cambridge is 12 runners.

Amendments to distances are:

• Maiden 1600m becomes Maiden 1550m

• Maiden 1200m & R75 1200 will both now be run at 1300m.

• R75 1400m & R65 1400m will now be run at 1550m.

• Seeka Kiwifruit Cup, R88 2100m will now be run at 2000m.

We do ask that trainers scratch with NZTR prior to 12pm Friday, if they do not intend to start.  This will provide NZTR an indication as to the viability of the meeting, and allow early notification for Clubs & Participants.

Should NZTR in its discretion deem the meeting not viable, the race day may be abandoned. A final decision will be made by the Scratching deadline 7.30am Saturday. There will be no scratching fees for the meeting.

As above in the headpost.

We do ask that trainers scratch with NZTR prior to 12pm Friday, if they do not intend to start.  This will provide NZTR an indication as to the viability of the meeting, and allow early notification for Clubs & Participants.

Under 50 horses to run tomorrow by the looks. Maybe they should have re-opened noms?

With the money up, surely plenty that are in Wednesday would have looked to run Saturday. 

Hardly worth turning the TV on , IMO

5 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Can someone give me a good reason to have a bet at Cambridge today?

Switching Saturday meeting to All weather was something Michael Guerin was promoting. Now I appreciate Guerin has longstanding racing & harness knowledge but has been wrong so many times. e.g. When the TAB OpenBet system was about to launch Guerin the TAB employee came out strongly that after getting a sneek preview of the system it was going to be the greatest thing of all time.

What a wonderful spectacle that racing was on the AWT from Cambridge yesterday , some fantastic 5 horse fields and some really interesting racing, Watching horses drop out 500 from home was great to see also.

Give me more of this exciting, enthralling winter racing on the AWT please NZTR this is what we need, I couldn't leave my seat all day I was glued to the silly box watching the drama filled afternoon unfold.

Can't wait to hear Pops & Rodders give us the low down on those all important sectionals as well, especially with some of these horses going back to the grass tracks to race that will certainly be helpful.

Great to see the crowd right behind it as well, people dressed to the nines getting their winter AWT racing fix.

Absolute genius move by everyone to get these grass tracks closed down as they have the AWT as replacements, we need to close down more and more of these tracks so we can have more and more races on the AWT.

I know I'll be sending my mare to stud this season in anticipation of her producing a 1st class AWT horse, particularly in the winter.

AWT racing is the future, embrace it, love it, live it ... its the kiwi way!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Huey said:

What a wonderful spectacle that racing was on the AWT from Cambridge yesterday , some fantastic 5 horse fields and some really interesting racing, Watching horses drop out 500 from home was great to see also.

Give me more of this exciting, enthralling winter racing on the AWT please NZTR this is what we need, I couldn't leave my seat all day I was glued to the silly box watching the drama filled afternoon unfold.

Can't wait to hear Pops & Rodders give us the low down on those all important sectionals as well, especially with some of these horses going back to the grass tracks to race that will certainly be helpful.

Great to see the crowd right behind it as well, people dressed to the nines getting their winter AWT racing fix.

Absolute genius move by everyone to get these grass tracks closed down as they have the AWT as replacements, we need to close down more and more of these tracks so we can have more and more races on the AWT.

I know I'll be sending my mare to stud this season in anticipation of her producing a 1st class AWT horse, particularly in the winter.

AWT racing is the future, embrace it, love it, live it ... its the kiwi way!

Thats what we need. Real enthusiasts!!

• Haha 1