Bit Of A Yarn

Whats The Point? Notifications Need To Be Far Earlier!!

Brodie

Had a fair crack at Press Play on the 16th June 2023 and it ran 4th and thought it shouldve run a place in the field it was in!

Didnt back it yesterday due to its run on the 16th June  a month earlier, although on its best form it had a great show of being in the money!

Yesterday just before the race we were advised on Trackside that since its last race it had had its hocks treated!!!!!!

Seriously, What is the point of advising the punters just before the race that a horse had had its hocks treated???????
No time for the punters to have a go at all and the truth of the matter is that I wouldve had another go yesterday if we were advised of this prior to one minute before the race!!!!!

Absolutely pointless I would say!  but then the punters are very poorly informed of important information all of the time!

Where is the Racing Integrity here?

• Like 2

Agree pointless at race time, remember the days when gear changes were announced on course well before race time as well, along with apprentice jockey allowances on the thoroughbred code, all that information or professionalism all gone out the window, thats how much we've gone backwards, even some courses thoroughbreds dont even do a preliminary, straight out birdcage gate an off to the start, was a given once.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAKH said:

Get with it Brodie young fellow and read the Stipes Report from Addington  Thursday 13th July. Surely that is enough time for you to"digest" before you go to print.

Sorry but i cant understand what on earth is going on here?

It is from a Stipes report that is dated 16th June???

Punters should be advised before a race, this is a stuff up?

Stipes report is after the race anyway?

We were told on Trackside on the 16th July and yet it had also raced on the 13th July?

can you explain when exactly the horse had hocks injected?

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

Sorry but i cant understand what on earth is going on here?

It is from a Stipes report that is dated 16th June???

Punters should be advised before a race, this is a stuff up?

Stipes report is after the race anyway?

We were told on Trackside on the 16th July and yet it had also raced on the 13th July?

can you explain when exactly the horse had hocks injected?

I guess it had its hocks injected sometime after its previous race on the 16th of june and the trainer advised the stipes of that close to the 13th of july,which is why it appeared in that stipes report.

ranga's suggestion seems reasonable. I've always thought each horse should have a treatment record history on their profile.That way dates and times and types of treatments would be available for anyone to see. I'm no expert on hock injections,but the date that occured must be of relevance as there must be an optimum time after treatment when they are there most effective.

Those hock injections,were they such a common thing in the past or is it just more noticeable nowdays because they have to be notified. Are horses more susceptible to carrying soreness nowdays and why is that,or is it just trainers rely more on vets to assist in maintaining their horses soundness and if so,why is that needed?What does it all cost as no vet treatment is cheap .

Edited by the galah

13 hours ago, the galah said:

I guess it had its hocks injected sometime after its previous race on the 16th of june and the trainer advised the stipes of that close to the 13th of july,which is why it appeared in that stipes report.

ranga's suggestion seems reasonable. I've always thought each horse should have a treatment record history on their profile.That way dates and times and types of treatments would be available for anyone to see. I'm no expert on hock injections,but the date that occured must be of relevance as there must be an optimum time after treatment when they are there most effective.

Those hock injections,were they such a common thing in the past or is it just more noticeable nowdays because they have to be notified. Are horses more susceptible to carrying soreness nowdays and why is that,or is it just trainers rely more on vets to assist in maintaining their horses soundness and if so,why is that needed?What does it all cost as no vet treatment is cheap .

Certainly very confused!

We were told on 16th July that Press Play had had its hocks injected since it last raced, only very shortly before it raced on Sunday!!

However that was incorrect as it raced on the Thursday the 13th July!!

Dont recall it being announced that night?

Point being is that reporting is not that flash and needs improving!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Certainly very confused!

We were told on 16th July that Press Play had had its hocks injected since it last raced, only very shortly before it raced on Sunday!!

However that was incorrect as it raced on the Thursday the 13th July!!

Dont recall it being announced that night?

Point being is that reporting is not that flash and needs improving!

But it never raced on the 13th. It just appeared in the stipes report on the 13th as that must have been the closest meeting to when the trainer notified the stipes of its treatment.They put it in there so punters would be notified of that  as soon as they had found out.     I get your point. Many punters who follow press play would have missed that which is why you are suggesting it would help if there is another way of making such information available.

7 hours ago, the galah said:

But it never raced on the 13th. It just appeared in the stipes report on the 13th as that must have been the closest meeting to when the trainer notified the stipes of its treatment.They put it in there so punters would be notified of that  as soon as they had found out.     I get your point. Many punters who follow press play would have missed that which is why you are suggesting it would help if there is another way of making such information available.

Lol you are correct that it didnt race on the 13th July.

The Stipes were advised on the 13th July that the horse had had its hocks injected after the 16th June start!

So It is totally weird that if the stewards were told on the 13th July 2023, how on earh is this fact reported on the 16th June2023? Lol.

Obviously misrepresented so you wouldnt be seeing the fact that the horse had been treated until well after the 16th June and you in fact  would not be seeing it until after the 13th July 2023, when the trainer advised!!!!

Just needs improving of the reporting well before a race and not as the horses are sent on their way, otherwise pointless!