• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

• It wasn't the easiest of trips for Zulu Kingdom (IRE) but in the end it propelled him to where any talented 2-year-old wants to be. Namely, the Breeders' Cup World Championships. View the full article
    • The Bob Baffert runners came to play, but it was Subsanador (ARG), trained by Richard Mandella, who emerged victorious in a thrilling inauguration of the $1 million California Crown Stakes (G1) at Santa Anita Park Sept. 28.View the full article
    • C Ferguson is one of those trainers who focuses on his udr. He won't line them up unless he thinks they are a good winning chance.Good for punters but southland needs more horses at the races and for example c ferguson has started horses 52 times this year for 16 wins and henderson hunter has started 121 times for 3 wins. C ferguson would train 2 to 3x the numbers i would think.The point i make is c ferguson horses chances are always to be respected any time he lines one up,but in southland  Henderson Hunter contibutes just as much ,if not more, with his smaller team. Tact macloud ,being by sweet lou ,i think would be found out in the nz cup if leap to fame decides to run say 3.53 or even faster like he could. Maybe tact macloud could place if they only went 3.58. Maybe if he got 3 back the fence in 3.56 he can place,but the sweet lous's staying ability seems to be found out in fast run races over longer distances in my opinion. Then again maybe he is an exception and not having raced much early on and not being a bit burnt out early,must help in that respect.  i hope you got plenty on your AFL team. sounds like you had a great time enjoying the final.
    • Sandwiched between Baffert stablemates in pacesetter National Treasure (Quality Road) and 'TDN Rising Star' Newgate (Into Mischief) on the wire, it was last out GIII Philip H. Iselin Stakes winner SUBSANADOR (ARG) (h, 5, Fortify–Save the Date {Arg}, by Hurricane Cat) who got his head out in front to take the inaugural running of the GI California Crown and earn his spot in the GI Breeders' Cup Classic. Just off the speed and along the inside of expected frontrunner National Treasure, the 6-1 shot came rolling home with Newgate to his outside and the trio separated themselves from the rest of the field a sixteenth from the wire, hitting the line together in a thrilling photo finish. GI Met Mile winner National Treasure was second with Newgate third. Lifetime Record: MG1SW-Arg, 17-9-2-1. O-Wathnan Racing; B-El Mallin; T-Richard Mandella.     The post Subsanador Springs The Upset In Inaugural California Crown appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions. View the full article
    • The problem with that is that the Owners' Federation has less than 500 members of the 15,000 owners and are significantly funded by NZTR ($30,000 per year I think).
  • Topics