• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• The sun was not yet shining on the old Kentucky home when Mystik Dan made his first appearance on the Churchill Downs track since etching his name into racing history with a nose victory in the May 4 Kentucky Derby (G1).View the full article
    • Live racing returns to historic Pimlico Race Course Thursday for the opening of its 11-day Preakness Meet, highlighted by the 149th running of the $2 million Preakness Stakes (G1), Middle Jewel of the Triple Crown, Saturday, May 18.View the full article
    • I'm not sure who the "Tight Five" are that you refer to.  What I do know is those that a similar view to mine have a passion for the industry, have worked hands-on very hard in the industry and still do. They don't predict doom and gloom.  They point out the issues that they are experiencing now and for the last 25+ years.  They see the same mistakes still being made.  I'm sure most of them would rather see the novelty stakes distributed down the tree, the top tier reduced 25% so they could race on decent safe and fair tracks with good jockeys with a fair Handicap system.  They're not afraid with competing with all comers including the KM raffle ticket owners. Footnote:  Arguably in the last 4 years the best 2yr old in NZ hasn't been eligible to race in the Karaka Millions.  How does that help NZ racing long term?
    • Observations on the European Racing Scene turns the spotlight on the best European races of the day, highlighting well-pedigreed horses early in their careers, horses of note returning to action and young runners that achieved notable results in the sales ring. Thursday's Observations features a well-bred son of Dubawi (Ire). 15.05 Chester, Listed, £100,000, 3yo, c/g, 10f 70yT GOD'S WINDOW (GB) (Dubawi {Ire}) tackles the Listed Boodles Raindance Dee S. as he preps for one of the European Derbys, having already proven himself at the top level when third in the Futurity Trophy in October. Cayton Park Stud's homebred represents the Gosdens as he takes on four peers including Iraj Parvizi's Listed Feilden S. scorer Jayarebe (Fr) (Zoffany {Ire}) from the Brian Meehan stable and Ballydoyle's G2 Champions Juvenile S. runner-up and G2 Royal Lodge S. third Capulet (Justify). The post God’s Window Takes Dee Test appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions. View the full article
    • I'm not "casting aspersions" I'm asking a valid question.  I'm surprised that as a Cost Accountant who frequently reminds us of your friends in racings elite circles that you don't have the answers at your finger tips.  With your Kool-aid glazed eyes you once again miss the point. As @curious as eluded to NZB are using anti-competitive behaviour to exclude what was once a very large and strong pillar of NZ Racing - the home and farm breeder from competing for a significant amount of stake money.  In my opinion that does nothing to help grow the NZ Thorougbred racing population.  The reality is NZB are shooting themselves in the foot.  Those who we need to put their couple of mares in the home paddock to commercial stallions have been excluded as have those taking the risk of improving bloodlines by buying from Australian Sales.   NZB with the stroke of a pen could change that by allowing anyone intending to race a yearling in NZ the option of joining the sweepstake. What is NZB contribution to the $16m+ in sweepstake racing? As for ENTAINS contribution via the suits at NZTR that money is INDUSTRY money for ALL stakeholders to compete for not just those with tickets in the KM marketing extravaganza.  I'll say it again it screws and skews the pattern, it disincentives the very people we need to stay involved and does ZERO to address the fundamental issues facing the industry.  In fact it's making those issues worse!
  • Topics