• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Huey is on to it. Trying to pretend they are academics.
    • What does any of the current NZTR management know about training a horse? Let alone producing a track they can compete fairly on!
    • Adrian Heskin, who became the youngest winning rider at the Cheltenham Festival when steering A New Story to victory in the 2010 Glenfarclas Chase as a 17-year-old, has announced his retirement from race-riding at the age of 32. The County Cork native went on to become retained rider for prominent owner Barry Connell, for whom he partnered Martello Tower to Grade 1 success in the 2015 Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle, before later moving to Britain to take up the same position with Max McNeill. Together the pair enjoyed several big-race victories, most notably with The Worlds End, who struck at the top level in the 2017 Sefton Novices' Hurdle at Aintree and the 2019 Long Walk Hurdle at Ascot. After parting company with McNeill last year, Heskin made the decision to return to Ireland where he enjoyed a notable victory at Limerick over Christmas when winning a Grade 2 aboard the Willie Mullins-trained Hauturiere. However, that was one of only four winners for Heskin in Ireland last season and he has now taken the decision to call time on his career in the saddle. In a statement posted on X, formerly Twitter, Heskin said, “After 15 years of race riding I've decided to call an end to my career. “I'm very proud of my career and achieved far more than I could have imagined as a kid. I rode for the best of trainers on both sides of the Irish Sea and some fantastic owners along the way. Of course, some amazing horses too. “My love for horses is stronger than ever and I owe everything I have to them. Here's to the future.” The post Adrian Heskin Calls Time On His Career In The Saddle appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions. View the full article
    • Okay let’s look at the word vulnerable then, from your dictionary of choice (but please do feel free to let the team at Collins know you’re displeased with their definition of the precise terms and let us know how you get on with that). If you take a hound from the only place it’s ever known, and from the (alleged) person who loves it and leave it someone completely foreign with people it does not know, it’s going to be emotionally vulnerable. It’s why most adopters are counselled in the 3-3-3 guidelines, to help them adjust as emotionally safely as possible. Most, probably all, humans would also be emotionally vulnerable in the same circumstances and we have reasoning and understanding.  Or do you not believe dogs feel emotions?
    • I can only speak for my hounds and my old trainer.  I give my retired girl and boy back to them when I manage to get away for a holiday and there is no money exchanged at all.  I raced my boy for few years and as the owner I took responsibility of his retirement.  The hounds first home loved them and still do.   
  • Topics