• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• Pays it out tho clearly showed "Tote Event Rules: Only two place dividends paid."  Profit by TAB incompetence for a change
    • The opposite now - greyhound race with 7 runners (no late scratchings) shows a 3rd place dividend
    • I do recall several of Reon's "fog calls" at Addington, but I also there for one of the great fog races when Hands Down won the last race at Ashburton one day on the old grass track. That track must have been at least 2,200 metres around so there wasn't much to see for an awfully long time until they appeared out of the fog with about 150m to go.
    • What Ballarat Synthetic Races Where Ballarat Turf Club – 240 Kennedys Rd, Miners Rest VIC 3352 When Tuesday, May 21, 2024 First Race 1pm AEST Visit Dabble The Ballarat Turf Club’s synthetic track will host its first meeting of 2024 this Tuesday afternoon, with eight races set down for decision. There is no rain on the forecast, but overcast conditions are predicted throughout the day. The rail will be in the true position, with racing scheduled to kick off at 1pm AEST. Best Bet at Ballarat: Miss Sunshine Miss Sunshine is yet to miss the top four from five starts and is coming off a credible fourth-place finish in Saturday grade at Morphettville on May 4. The Tony & Calvin McEvoy-trained filly led the field up but was run over in the concluding stages, only beaten by 1.2 lengths. Returning to her home track and dropping back to 1000m should prove to be the recipe for success, as Harry Coffey will find the front and lead every step of the way. Best Bet Race 8 – #6 Miss Sunshine (3) 3yo Filly | T: Tony & Calvin McEvoy | J: Harry Coffey (57kg) +100 with Bet365 Next Best at Ballarat: Silent Alert Silent Alert returned from an 18-week spell with a gallant runner-up finish behind Valetudo at Benalla on May 7. The Leon & Troy Corstens-trained gelding settled behind the leader and eventual winner but couldn’t bridge the gap late. The son of Shamus Award will have taken a lot of improvement from his fresh run and should be ready to win in an easier race. Next Best Race 1 – #2 Silent Alert (6) 3yo Gelding | T: Leon & Troy Corstens | J: Ben Allen (58kg) +100 with Picklebet Best Value at Ballarat: Finance Legend After just holding them off to win at Horsham first-up over 1400m, Finance Legend rises to 1500m second and is expected to adopt similar tactics. With Jarrod Fry taking the reins, he will take this guy straight to the front. With only one other speed influence in the race, and a run under his belt, Finance Legend should get things his own way in the lead and prove hard to run down again. Best Value Race 5 – #3 Finance Legend (9) 3yo Gelding | T: Tom Dabernig | J: Jarrod Fry (61.5kg) +750 with Neds Ballarat Tuesday quaddie tips Ballarat quadrella selections Tuesday, May 21, 2024 2-3-5-6 1-2-3-5-6 2-3-4 3-6 | Copy this bet straight to your betslip Horse racing tips View the full article
    • Pierre Ng continues to lead the Hong Kong trainers’ championship. Pierre Ng swept to his 100th Hong Kong winner and Ellis Wong notched his most important success when Taj Dragon forged to victory in the Class 1 Racing Heritage Handicap (1400m) at Sha Tin on Sunday (19 May). In only his second season as a trainer, Ng took 1,033 runners across 159 meetings to reach a mark achieved faster by only John Size (113 meetings), Frankie Lor (137) and Ivan Allan (144) – to enhance hopes of landing the 2023/24 championship. Ng leads this season’s trainer standings with 59 wins from Francis Lui (56), Ricky Yiu (47), John Size (45), Tony Cruz (44), David Hayes (44), Caspar Fownes (44) and Danny Shum (43). “For a new team to win 100 races in two seasons is amazing. It’s well deserved for the team and I’m very happy with what we’re doing,” Ng said. “We don’t think about the 100 (wins) too much, we just tick along and try and get some more winners. Now, we can look for the next 100 maybe in the next two seasons.” Posting his sixth course and distance victory, Taj Dragon was ridden quietly by Wong, whose seven-pound claim proved decisive in staving off Atullibigeal by a short head in 1m 21.56s. “He (Taj Dragon) has won a few already this season and he got another one today, so it’s just brilliant. We thought it would be like a trial for him and if the weather was like it was, I just told Ellis to be patient in the straight and build him up. Luckily, we got to the front and got the result,” Ng said. “He always travels so well. He keeps winning more and more and hopefully he can win a few more for us this season.” Ng will set Taj Dragon, who won three two-year-old races in England for Karl Burke as Taj Alriyadh, for the Group 3 Lion Rock Trophy Handicap (1600m). Wong, 23, was delighted with the with the gelding’s latest win. “It’s my first Class 1. He’s a pretty nice horse. There were only six horses in the race and he got cover and the pace was comfortable for him and I thought he could win the race and he sprinted really well,” Wong said. “He tries really hard and I’m really happy.” Hugh Bowman took riding honours with a treble aboard The Winnabe, Sky Trust and Hong Kong International Sale graduate Patch Of Theta to snare his first three-timer since March 3 and take his season tally to 55 wins. “I had a few nice rides. I thought a couple of my horses ran under par, but certainly the first starter (The Winnabe) was no surprise for him to do what he did, Patch Of Theta was no surprise either – I thought he was my best ride for the day – and Sky Trust has got scope for more in store,” Bowman said. “I’m just delighted to have a few winners, I’ve been chipping away, going well but it’s my first multiple-win day for a while.” Size-trained The Winnabe downed fellow first-starter Super Infinity to claim the Class 4 Racing Passion Handicap (1200m). “Nice horse – very natural. He was aided by an advantageous draw (barrier two) today, but his trials have been good. He’s very sensible. We didn’t know what we were going to get when we asked for an effort but the response was very encouraging,” Bowman said. Bowman made it a double with three-year-old Sky Trust’s victory for Caspar Fownes in the Class 4 Sha Tin Clubhouse Handicap (1400m) before closing the meeting in style with Patch Of Theta’s triumph in the Class 3 Beijing Clubhouse Handicap (1400m). Derek Leung also had a fruitful afternoon, scoring aboard Jimmy Ting-trained Glory Elite in the Class 4 Racing Club Handicap (1200m) and Frankie Lor’s impressive Voyage Samurai, who continued an excellent season by winning the Class 3 Members Cup Handicap (1600m). By Dissident, Voyage Samurai improved his career record to three wins and two seconds from five starts before Strathpeffer slotted his first win at his 19th start for Chief Stipelas Whyte by clinching the Class 4 Beas River Country Club Handicap (1400m) under Matthew Chadwick. Full Credit continued to make strong progress for Mark Newnham by leading all the way under Lyle Hewitson in the Class 3 Levade Handicap (1200m) after Satirical Glory struck for David Hayes and Zac Purton in the Class 4 Hilltop In The Valley Handicap (1800m). Mr Good Vibes provided David Hall’s stable with its fourth winner from 11 starts with breakthrough success under Karis Teetan in the Class 5 Ownership Pride Handicap (1200m). Hong Kong racing continues at Happy Valley on Wednesday night (22 May). Horse racing news View the full article
  • Topics