• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies

Announcements

• As Winston Churchill said - "those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it".  
    • Good lord! That's unreal!  Not sure the hapless riderless victim didn't get galloped on either - seemed to falter and drop back at one stage.  Geez if my horse got hurt by some idiot cowboy performance like that I'd be pretty dark ... Thanks for posting SLB2.0
    • Oh Centaur - you mythical beast.  What have you done! ..... when I open the message and play the NZTR video some day hence - I'll know who planted THAT seed ....😜
    • Bloody hell I know right?  The little catch-phrases they kept repeating - the cheer-leading corporate speak propaganda. As soon as people start talking about ruddy "journeys" they lose me.  Unless it involves a passport & a very big aircraft - don't give me bloody journeys, people ..... 
    • I think you're worrying about things  well outside  your control and area of understanding. Just making up imaginary scenarios. It been well documented that its increasing costs which have deterred the small breeder. I dabbled a little with breeding to a commercial stallions with poor results. And I also have had a lot of experience with my horse syndicates racing a majority of Australian bred , UK bred and home bred horses so often unable to race in the Sales sweepstakes . There are still a lot of nice stakes available for ALL horses to run in . IMO the big-staked sweepstake races both here and in Australia are good for racing in general......my fellow syndicate members have never showed any bitterness of not being eligible for these races . NEVER ONCE . NZB would appear to be a NZ owned company and the Vela family have been outstanding contributors to NZ racing.  
  • Topics