Bit Of A Yarn

Spring Money = The Nat machine

Gammalite

While the Brodster is worrying about someone getting a dollar off old trotter Rachemupanov might be better to have a crack at Nat getting a Five-For....

Good to see Natalie Ras at Addington, and 5 X Odds On Favourites for Friday night Fun .?  this is great news. 🏆

Races 2 - 3 - 4 - 6 - 7      

Are We Getting on this lot now that Spring is in the Air ?  Been long Winter break from Nz trots betting , but good horses are coming back now ! good to see...

So everyone's been Looking After our Queensland lass I hope ?     hope someone remembered a nice massage and that ?  Limbered up for action ..😉

And we are getting on at  the 20-1 for 5 winners or not ?    Pop a 100 in , 2 k comes out ......Must be some sort of chance with dreamy driving?

(dropped $100 on QLDer SKIRT THE LAW last weekend at Caulfield that went down there and was spose to win 🙄. beaten narrowly into 2nd.) 

*Leave/ drop the 'Luvstruck' drive in the 5th race the flying Fillies race out, as Mark possibly wins that one with the polemarker.

Could be the go although they don't seem unbeatable at the moment. Rasmussen driving so well  has been a big help recently to get the recent favorites home.

The one i think is well under the odds is mystic max. I can't work out why it is so short myself. Has shortened in to $1.90 on ff at the moment. I would have him at about $8 myself.  Time will tell.  

11 minutes ago, the galah said:

Could be the go although they don't seem unbeatable at the moment. Rasmussen driving so well  has been a big help recently to get the recent favorites home.

The one i think is well under the odds is mystic max. I can't work out why it is so short myself. Has shortened in to $1.90 on ff at the moment. I would have him at about $8 myself.  Time will tell.  

yeah thanks for that mate. Mystic Max still quite inexperienced and the Hopes train trotters very well so Midnight Dash seems the one to beat.

and just looked at the race 7 Group 3 form and 'Anything Goes' galloped badly at the start for around 40m when resuming last start . I think he'll miss away again in this bigger field .

Cox got run off on the corner too, driving with AllamericanLover , (who might have won it otherwise). Tim Williams might get it home this time.   might save my 100 for Saturday by the look of it 😆.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gammalite said:

While the Brodster is worrying about someone getting a dollar off old trotter Rachemupanov might be better to have a crack at Nat getting a Five-For....

Good to see Natalie Ras at Addington, and 5 X Odds On Favourites for Friday night Fun .?  this is great news. 🏆

Races 2 - 3 - 4 - 6 - 7      

Are We Getting on this lot now that Spring is in the Air ?  Been long Winter break from Nz trots betting , but good horses are coming back now ! good to see...

So everyone's been Looking After our Queensland lass I hope ?     hope someone remembered a nice massage and that ?  Limbered up for action ..😉

And we are getting on at  the 20-1 for 5 winners or not ?    Pop a 100 in , 2 k comes out ......Must be some sort of chance with dreamy driving?

(dropped $100 on QLDer SKIRT THE LAW last weekend at Caulfield that went down there and was spose to win 🙄. beaten narrowly into 2nd.) 

*Leave/ drop the 'Luvstruck' drive in the 5th race the flying Fillies race out, as Mark possibly wins that one with the polemarker.

Have to identify yourself to the TAB Gamma, if you are collecting $2k!

Chances are you are a money launderer according to them!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Have to identify yourself to the TAB Gamma, if you are collecting $2k!

Chances are you are a money launderer according to them!

All our TABs are gone Brodster. The 6 all within 4 km of me are all gone past 3 years. All the Brissy suburbs around me have closed.... and the local I attended for years and years on Saturdays and probably 1000 times is now a chinese cooking shop this year 😪. TAB got the chop (stick) . I miss chatting with the franchisees. some Pub/Taverns still have TAB facilities tacked on one end and run (on the fly) by the Bar staff who KNOW nothing about horses and can barely run the ticket machine (they try to get to use a self serve one)......... but it's not the same, and a different demographic attends. so I don't do that....

so just stuck on SportsBet all the time now at home , they have 2 Free to air TV channels of just horse racing from channel 7 every Saturday. You have to keep flicking between the 2 all the time is a challenge to keep up with birdcage etc.....

Are TABs gone in Nz too ?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gammalite said:

All our TABs are gone Brodster. The 6 all within 4 km of me are all gone past 3 years. All the Brissy suburbs around me have closed.... and the local I attended for years and years on Saturdays and probably 1000 times is now a chinese cooking shop this year 😪. TAB got the chop (stick) . I miss chatting with the franchisees. some Pub/Taverns still have TAB facilities tacked on one end and run (on the fly) by the Bar staff who KNOW nothing about horses and can barely run the ticket machine (they try to get to use a self serve one)......... but it's not the same, and a different demographic attends. so I don't do that....

so just stuck on SportsBet all the time now at home , they have 2 Free to air TV channels of just horse racing from channel 7 every Saturday. You have to keep flicking between the 2 all the time is a challenge to keep up with birdcage etc.....

Are TABs gone in Nz too ?

Mostly gone now and fewer by the years!

There are pub-tabs but yes most of the operators also pour the Pints and arent that interested in punters!

There are the self service machines but apparently they are going to be reducing them as well.

The TAB want everyone to be betting online thru computer or phones so they have control of your wagering  on account😩

Very difficult to withdraw your winnings in cash as none of them hold much cash!

They want you to spend your betting voucher or have winnings credited to a Bank Account so once again they know who is collecting.

They are driving punters away from harness racing betting in truckloads, but they wont care as Entain now wants the sports betting and other forms, rather than  harness racing which will continue to decline unless they change policies.

• Like 2

Times change, no real need to have TABs on their own, the pubs and TAB cater for the same people and it probably pays off to combine, after all the pubs probably ain't raking it in either.

All the pubs have the pokies so probably made sense to close them down in TABs, not worth the hassle anymore, especially as Entain are going to start raking it in with the massive boost in turnover they are anticipating 🙂

Edited by mikeynz

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Mostly gone now and fewer by the years!

There are pub-tabs but yes most of the operators also pour the Pints and arent that interested in punters!

There are the self service machines but apparently they are going to be reducing them as well.

The TAB want everyone to be betting online thru computer or phones so they have control of your wagering  on account😩

Very difficult to withdraw your winnings in cash as none of them hold much cash!

They want you to spend your betting voucher or have winnings credited to a Bank Account so once again they know who is collecting.

They are driving punters away from harness racing betting in truckloads, but they wont care as Entain now wants the sports betting and other forms, rather than  harness racing which will continue to decline unless they change policies.

Its sad isn't it. Unfortunately i think your right with every point you make.

And the reason your right is because you've personally experienced how the changes impact punters.

I've had a lot of the same experiences..

I think the biggest problem has been the decision makers at the TAB simply never had much of an understanding of punters. They made really dumb decisions and it cost the racing industry and then the decision makers just moved on to another job.

John allen was a fool that cost the TAB customers big time. History clearly shows that.The  stupid thing was he never made much sense but industry leaders  believed him anyway.

Remember he promised to increase racings income by $50 million. Instead,with his new website he actually cost them a fortune.

Unfortunately, In the end its the punters that are directly impacted by the consequences of decisions made by dumb people like john allen.Customer service is an area the TAB make cuts to pay for poor decision making,which in all reality just leads to less customers.  

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, the galah said:

Mystic max won easy in the end.Oh well.

John dunn said ardiebythehill would defintely would need the run but actually ran a close 2nd. Midnight dash,ben hope very confident but never really looked likely and ran 5th of 7.I guess the whale tipping it stopped it.Rachmaninov dropped out but beat the 1 that broke.Harold smith a good run after being taken on early.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, the galah said:
20 hours ago, the galah said:

Mystic max won easy in the end.Oh well.

Well I guess he's always been a good horse.

2 years ago Won the 2 year-old sires stakes Group 1  (fav Highgrove galloped out the back) 

A year ago placed 2nd (to Masterly but beaten 6 lengths) in the 3 year-old Sires Stakes (fav Highgrove galloped out the back) 

and then then 2nd in the Nz Trotters Derby (to Nazareth)  (fav Highgrove galloping out the back but recovered to run 3rd somehow , well done John 😆

Masterly and Nazareth have rather surprisingly not won this year as 4 yearolds, and Highgrove hasn't started yet.  they all might 'turn up' yet  ?

so maybe Mystic Max is gunna clean up now that he has Nat's 'rose petal' hands showing Blair (ironbark hands) how well he goes with a nice drive and touch ??   (Blair did win the 2 year old race so did ok lol 😉)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well I guess he's always been a good horse.

2 years ago Won the 2 year-old sires stakes Group 1  (fav Highgrove galloped out the back) 

A year ago placed 2nd (to Masterly but beaten 6 lengths) in the 3 year-old Sires Stakes (fav Highgrove galloped out the back) 

and then then 2nd in the Nz Trotters Derby (to Nazareth)  (fav Highgrove galloping out the back but recovered to run 3rd somehow , well done John 😆

Masterly and Nazareth have rather surprisingly not won this year as 4 yearolds, and Highgrove hasn't started yet.  they all might 'turn up' yet  ?

so maybe Mystic Max is gunna clean up now that he has Nat's 'rose petal' hands showing Blair (ironbark hands) how well he goes with a nice drive and touch ??   (Blair did win the 2 year old race so did ok lol 😉)

Maybe your right. Certainly won well tonight. Tonights field his hardest field so far. Personally i think he more a top 10 type trotter,Obviously doing very well to achieve that.

I got a kick out of watching ben hope win the big pacing race for the night with mossdale ben. Anything goes went a nice race.Smithys terror just got lost turning in but backed up his good trial form with an eye catching 5th.Allamericanlover a good run and just needs to get off the front to be a winner again.

They ran 3.12 so that made for a good contest.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, the galah said:

I got a kick out of watching ben hope win the big pacing race for the night with mossdale ben. Anything goes went a nice race.Smithys terror just got lost turning in but backed up his good trial form with an eye catching 5th.

Isn't he doing well. surprised me winning here (Ben) but drove a cracker race and what a great win for Mossdale Ben. 2 big trophies lately . kurow and now the Maurice Holmes Vase .  well done Team HOPE. great stuff.

And imagine Muscle Mountain in the Dominion ?   I  bet Ben can't wait for that 😂 with 'Sundee' now retired . after their tremendous stoush last year.

Nat had every chance in the world in front and mowed down easily really. (Anything goes)

Smithy's Terror was a strong 3rd in Auckland Cup 2 miles (getting past Copy That late in the piece) so he is showing some toughness gained , and a possible Nz Cup place chance all going well ?.

Edited by Gammalite
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Remember when a few on BOAY used to give Ben Hope a load of crap?

Driving alright now!

Mossdale Ben winning for the Hopes was great.

Horse has clearly strengthened up.

Ben Hope such a likeable young man along with Carter Dalgety and several other  Juniors which is great for the industry.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1