Bit Of A Yarn

The Real Sherlock

Gammalite

Nathan Purdon in action last night at Melton with the good Nz winner The Real Sherlock (aka Sherlock)

12 Semi Finals of the Victoria Sires Stakes were run . The Real Sherlock a nice 3rd after working to lead but run down by 2 Emma Stewart runners.

Still on a Stable high after Encipher won $1,000,000 first prize in the Eureka slot race the other week . Emma won 8 of the semi's !!!! 

one of Emma Stewart's winners was New Zealand owned Amore Vita won ok (an ex- Nathan Purdon trained horse )

The Stewart barn qualified 28 of the 33 horses they lined up across the 6 different age and sex divisions (2,3 and 4 yearold , mares and colts) 

the 5 that missed out , well 3 of them were 100-1 shots . 

28 horses qualified is a SUPreme Training Effort and must go close to Winning all 6 Grand Finals 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🍾 ?? 

Let's hope Sherlock can get some of it for Nathan though 💰

Alas in the Final next Saturday 'The Real Sherlock' has drawn out at barrier 6 for Nathan Purdon. so only a runners chance with the speedy Captain Treacherous colt 'Petracca' drawn one.

Emma Stewart has 8 mares in the 4 year old division . The New Zealand owned 'AMORE VITA' drawn 3 , ( same draw where she won it from last year in the 3 year old fillies Final defeating the EUREKA winner Encipher then who was $1.20 fav on that occasion)

'Encipher' having won $1,000,000 recently at Menangle, has no need to go round in this and can leave it for one of her 8 Stable-mates lol 😂😂.

Good news for Nathan though with 'We Can Have It ALL ' drawn the pole , one alley , in the 2 year old trotting Fillies Vic bred Final > Huge chance now ... best of luck Nathan and owners !!!!!

On 12/09/2023 at 4:12 PM, Gammalite said:

Alas in the Final next Saturday 'The Real Sherlock' has drawn out at barrier 6 for Nathan Purdon. so only a runners chance with the speedy Captain Treacherous colt 'Petracca' drawn one.

Emma Stewart has 8 mares in the 4 year old division . The New Zealand owned 'AMORE VITA' drawn 3 , ( same draw where she won it from last year in the 3 year old fillies Final defeating the EUREKA winner Encipher then who was $1.20 fav on that occasion)

'Encipher' having won $1,000,000 recently at Menangle, has no need to go round in this and can leave it for one of her 8 Stable-mates lol 😂😂.

Good news for Nathan though with 'We Can Have It ALL ' drawn the pole , one alley , in the 2 year old trotting Fillies Vic bred Final > Huge chance now ... best of luck Nathan and owners !!!!!

Those races with so many Emma stewart runners surely is  a really bad thing for victorian harness racing.In fields where there will be only 12 starters they have 8,7,4x3.They dominate the pacing fields.  Last week they had 9 winners at melton on saturday.

I can't understand why in tasmania they complain about how bad things are because the yole team dominates numbers wise so many races. Yet when it comes to victoria the media sell it as being a great thing and people seem to go along with that.

I really don't get why people are being told something that obviously is untrue.

Any stable dominating anywhere is not a good thing.

Just look at breeding figures in australia.

The 2 states with one stable dominating,victoria and tasmania ,were the 2 states with the biggest decline in breeding numbers last season. Victora was a 23% decline and tasmania was 17%. 

In tasmania the media blame the yole stable, yet in victoria they go on and on about what a great thing the emma stewart stable is doing. It just makes no sense to me.

In victoria they cut prizemoney this coming season by $3.9 million due to wagering falling 8% and they are making a further $6 million operational cuts.

The media tryed to blame the reduction in breeding numbers on Harness racing australia  for introducing a levy for shuttle stallions which meant in effect breeders were funding the $2 million slot race for 10 owners that started in that race. Funnily enough won by an emma stewart runner.

Now that may have been part of the cause,but why did that impact victoria and tasmania  more than other states. Well the most logical answer was there were other factors in play. 

The worst thing that happens in harness racing anywhere is when you have grass roots owners and breeders seeing races dominated by one or two stables and seeing the horses from those stables run in a way that people think they are on something.

Also the biggest turn off for the average punter is races dominated by one or two stables where you know for sure there will be team driving. Punters who love the $1.60 favorites are not the majority of punters. I know that for certain. personally i understand they are out there as social media seems to have people say that. But i can't ever recall meeting a single punter who likes those type of races to bet on. 

Harness racing in victoria is on the slide downhill that they won't get off. Of course there are other factors,but not as significant.

Edited by the galah
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Those races with so many Emma stewart runners surely is  a really bad thing for victorian harness racing.In fields where there will be only 12 starters they have 8,7,4x3.They dominate the pacing fields.  Last week they had 9 winners at melton on saturday.

I can't understand why in tasmania they complain about how bad things are because the yole team dominates numbers wise so many races.

What are you talking about ?? It's great for racing what Emma is doing . You are talking about 2 different 'training' things and 2 different field 'numbers' things. 

Tas = Ben Yole purposely loads LOW Class races in Tasmania with the entire field of runners , to try and dominate via weight of numbers. Hasn't even won a feature or even a metro class race .  Although last weekend there was 3 x Tasmanian feature races on the program  and his 2 year old filly actually ran 2nd in one of them !I shock - horror 😲. Is he improving ? lol.....

In Victoria , people are queuing at Emma's door to take their horses (even the Nz owned Amore Vita made it in when Nathan went home to join with Mark back there...

She qualifies horses through heats and Semi's ...9 Semi Winners last week !!! impressive by even her exhalted standards. wow-wee..

So this Saturday the 12 x Group 1 Vic bred Finals worth 100k to 150k each are on with 12 runners in each. Emma qualified about 30 horses .... so there are still 114 horses running for other trainers. I know who I would like my horse running with though 😂.

So thats hardly a complete domination???  (except for Amore Vita's race with 8 4 year old mares) 

144 horses racing !!!!!!🏆  12 Group 1's  !!!!🏆 1/2 trotters and 1/2 pacers !  1/2 colts and half fillies ! And not one of the 144 horses valued at under $50,000 probably?  . The are best racing for the Big bucks.  This is GREEEAAAT for Harness Racing . Bring em on !!!

(consolations are Friday night at Bendigo)  . Emma has about 6 in who didn't qualify. 

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

What are you talking about ?? It's great for racing what Emma is doing . You are talking about 2 different 'training' things and 2 different field 'numbers' things. 

Tas = Ben Yole purposely loads LOW Class races in Tasmania with the entire field of runners , to try and dominate via weight of numbers. Hasn't even won a feature or even a metro class race .  Although last weekend there was 3 x Tasmanian feature races on the program  and his 2 year old filly actually ran 2nd in one of them !I shock - horror 😲. Is he improving ? lol.....

In Victoria , people are queuing at Emma's door to take their horses (even the Nz owned Amore Vita made it in when Nathan went home to join with Mark back there...

She qualifies horses through heats and Semi's ...9 Semi Winners last week !!! impressive by even her exhalted standards. wow-wee..

So this Saturday the 12 x Group 1 Vic bred Finals worth 100k to 150k each are on with 12 runners in each. Emma qualified about 30 horses .... so there are still 114 horses running for other trainers. I know who I would like my horse running with though 😂.

So thats hardly a complete domination???  (except for Amore Vita's race with 8 4 year old mares) 

144 horses racing !!!!!!🏆  12 Group 1's  !!!!🏆 1/2 trotters and 1/2 pacers !  1/2 colts and half fillies ! And not one of the 144 horses valued at under $50,000 probably?  . The are best racing for the Big bucks.  This is GREEEAAAT for Harness Racing . Bring em on !!!

(consolations are Friday night at Bendigo)  . Emma has about 6 in who didn't qualify. 

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Dropping stakes,turnovers,breeding numbers in victoria.

Obviously the stewart stable domination isn't helping any of those.

Owners may be queing to join the stable like you say.The reason for that is they know the trainers that trained their horses in the past simply can't get results anymore.And their former trainers would know it.The proof is in the results.That will be the mindset....In my opinion that is even more proof of what i say.

Edited by the galah

13 minutes ago, the galah said:

Dropping stakes,turnovers,breeding numbers in victoria.

Obviously the stewart stable domination isn't helping any of those.

Well they run a lot of races in Victoria. every day someone can win something. They've even had whole 'trotting only' programs at times. and with 6 x Group 1 trots being run next Saturday night alone there's plenty of scope for breeders and industry participants to make a quid.

I think what they're doing is great. And Emma trains for a WHOLE range of people , quite a few South Australians got the thrill of their life with the EUREKA winner. that can only stimulate more people to achieve the same.

Personally I think things are more 'dire' in Nz with Allstars only training for the same old multi Millionaire owners  year after year.  that pay for them at the sales etc . that Victorian lady and that . Such a shame 😪 to just service the 'Elite' ...  And Queensland too. Grant Dixon might very well have the best horse in Australia ,LEAP TO FAME,  but he basically trains for the same 3 multi millionaire owner/ breeders all the time. 80 horses in work and nearly the lot a with 3 owners. That does nothing for progress and getting new people involved in ownership.

So that leads to more dire times than Victoria IMO. Seymour props it all up already for years , for his personal needs/gain or loss. 

In contrast >>>>Emma Stewart has the wide range of owners including all those Bain syndicates , etc. even some kiwis with Amore Vita !! (give her strength this week)  May the Many Winners keep flowing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🏆🍾🍻

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well they run a lot of races in Victoria. every day someone can win something. They've even had whole 'trotting only' programs at times. and with 6 x Group 1 trots being run next Saturday night alone there's plenty of scope for breeders and industry participants to make a quid.

I think what they're doing is great. And Emma trains for a WHOLE range of people , quite a few South Australians got the thrill of their life with the EUREKA winner. that can only stimulate more people to achieve the same.

Personally I think things are more 'dire' in Nz with Allstars only training for the same old multi Millionaire owners  year after year.  that pay for them at the sales etc . that Victorian lady and that . Such a shame 😪 to just service the 'Elite' ...  And Queensland too. Grant Dixon might very well have the best horse in Australia ,LEAP TO FAME,  but he basically trains for the same 3 multi millionaire owner/ breeders all the time. 80 horses in work and nearly the lot a with 3 owners. That does nothing for progress and getting new people involved in ownership.

So that leads to more dire times than Victoria IMO. Seymour props it all up already for years , for his personal needs/gain or loss. 

In contrast >>>>Emma Stewart has the wide range of owners including all those Bain syndicates , etc. even some kiwis with Amore Vita !! (give her strength this week)  May the Many Winners keep flowing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🏆🍾🍻

fair enough. we just see things differently as far as the stewart stable goes.

He was a blue magic man wasn't he.I once knew a nz trainer who had trained in aussie who knew the father. One day he was talking about a good horse he had trained over there. He said the key was when he spoke to tonkins father who then sent him a product with no label each time.. He said it made a really big difference,even though he never knew what it was.

Edited by the galah

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

fair enough. we just see things differently as far as the stewart stable goes.

He was a blue magic man wasn't he.I once knew a nz trainer who had trained in aussie who knew the father. One day he was talking about a good horse he had trained over there. He said the key was when he spoke to tonkins father who then sent him a product with no label each time.. He said it made a really big difference,even though he never knew what it was.

Yes. granted that does throw a whole 'shadow' over the operation. years ago when his mate Weightman got 5 years for Blue Magic , Tonkin escaped with one from memory. They were tinkering with thoroughbreds and that , and probably where they picked it up.

Tonkin Still 'lingers' in the background behind Emma and hasn't pursued getting his name on the licence. About 5 years ago they said Poster Boy was going to be their best yet. But  Colt Thirty One for Grant and QLD knocked him off in the Blue Riband Victoria Derby .Happy Days !! and the following year Nat Spanked him (Poster Boy) at Menangle in the Biggest plum of the Miracle Mile with Spankem

Stewart/ Tonkin  Barn Still hasn't won the Interdominion Final nor the Miracle Mile so are not as dominant as what you think really. do they need tips from Grimson ?  hahaha😂

Great start with inaugural $2,000,000 Eureka this year though ?? ... 💰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Yes. granted that does throw a whole 'shadow' over the operation. years ago when his mate Weightman got 5 years for Blue Magic , Tonkin escaped with one from memory. They were tinkering with thoroughbreds and that , and probably where they picked it up.

Tonkin Still 'lingers' in the background behind Emma and hasn't pursued getting his name on the licence. About 5 years ago they said Poster Boy was going to be their best yet. But  Colt Thirty One for Grant and QLD knocked him off in the Blue Riband Victoria Derby .Happy Days !! and the following year Nat Spanked him (Poster Boy) at Menangle in the Biggest plum of the Miracle Mile with Spankem

Stewart/ Tonkin  Barn Still hasn't won the Interdominion Final nor the Miracle Mile so are not as dominant as what you think really. do they need tips from Grimson ?  hahaha😂

Great start with inaugural $2,000,000 Eureka this year though ?? ... 💰

I think of the some really top australian trainers from not that many years gone by. They could get horses to race at the top for several seasons.

So many,the mighty quinn,gammalite,smoken up,popular alm,scoth notch,westburn grant ,sir vancelot,paleface adios and many more.Maybe leap to fame can be the next.All had different trainers and all became household names.

Thats the problem now.Top horses just don't last as long as they used to. I think part of the problem is  the treatments horses get given nowdays,while they don't return positives,enables them to run faster then their bodies are made to cope with and very few last past 4 or 5 years old...

Thats one thing that you have to credit and say the all stars have also been able to do,get some to race 3 or 4 seasons at the top,even if they have a lot that don't last that long.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, the galah said:

Thats the problem now.Top horses just don't last as long as they used to. I think part of the problem is  the treatments horses get given nowdays,while they don't return positives,enables them to run faster then their bodies are made to cope with and very few last past 4 or 5 years old...

Thats one thing that you have to credit and say the all stars have also been able to do,get some to race 3 or 4 seasons at the top,even if they have a lot that don't last that long.

Absolute jackpot observation as per usual . Getting them to perform season after season used to be a Hallmark of the Standardbred. 

Now we are lucky to get 2 good years out of them (the Krug syndrome ? lol ) ..

the Oz wonderboy Jason Grimson seems to get great immeadiate results and they fade just as fast. His Nz Cup placegetter last Nov Majestic Cruiser , hasn't even won this year. Nor has Interdominion winner I Cast No Shadow from Dec, and their Interdominion winner from the year before (Boncel Benjamin)  never won again  . Wonder if he'll get Betterzippit or Swayzee or Loyalist to win again after there Big race wins this year ? ya gotta wonder. (Betterzippit and I CastNo Shadow were actually both tailed off 50m behind the field in july,  in their last starts in Brisbane in same race , stopped to a walk the last bit .... there's a red light flashing ? lol)  

Nz Allstars doing great with Self Assured though at top level year to year. now soon on the 4th Cup prep . and a real chance too. yet another true credit to them. 

• Champ Post 1

18 hours ago, the galah said:

So many,the mighty quinn,gammalite,smoken up,popular alm,scoth notch,westburn grant ,sir vancelot,paleface adios and many more.Maybe leap to fame can be the next.All had different trainers and all became household names.

Handy list there for the Aussies,  but left off 5 of the Best 10 of all time (arguably)

I would of had Blacks A Fake, Village Kid , Preux Chevalier, Maori's Idol and Pure Steel in my top 6 or 7. 👍  King of Swing very good later years.

what about some head to heads then  ? oz  against the kiwis. !!👍💰

The MightyQuinn v  Monkey King                King of Swing  v  Lazarus

Blacks A Fake v  (anyone nz can throw against him ? 😉)    Maori's Idol  v  No Response

Village Kid  v  Roydon Glen                          Scotch Notch v Sir Castleton 

Preaux Chevalier v Terror To Love              Westburn Grant v  Chokin

Lightning Blue  v  Master Mood                   Gammalite  v  Armalight

Popular Alm  v  Luxury Liner                       Our Sir Vancelot  v  Iraklis

Paleface Adios  v  Young Quinn                         Pure Steel  v  Lord Module

I'm thinking it Could be 14 -0  to the Aussies ??? 😂  😉

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Popular Alm  v  Luxury Liner 

Think the' Terror'  being this century , would be too quick  , so edit in harder rival  >>>>>

Smoken Up  v  Terror To Love           then       Preux Chevalier  v  Luxury Liner 

and    Popular Alm v Delightful Lady 😊🏆

54 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Handy list there for the Aussies,  but left off 5 of the Best 10 of all time (arguably)

I would of had Blacks A Fake, Village Kid , Preux Chevalier, Maori's Idol and Pure Steel in my top 6 or 7. 👍  King of Swing very good later years.

what about some head to heads then  ? oz  against the kiwis. !!👍💰

The MightyQuinn v  Monkey King                King of Swing  v  Lazarus

Blacks A Fake v  (anyone nz can throw against him ? 😉)    Maori's Idol  v  No Response

Village Kid  v  Roydon Glen                          Scotch Notch v Sir Castleton 

Popular Alm  v  Luxury Liner                       Our Sir Vancelot  v  Iraklis

Paleface Adios  v  Young Quinn                         Pure Steel  v  Lord Module

I'm thinking it Could be 14 -0  to the Aussies ??? 😂  😉

Gamma, what track and distance and  I take it that it is a mobile?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Yawn 🥱. Tui Ad right there.

Come on Gamma, Mighty Quinn & KOS surely Kiwi . Think Phar Lap.

download.png.fc7896baf29f8bcf07cfc0d3c0cfa1ac.png You sell em off , and then still want to claim em back ? 

Phar -lap = SOLD , Village Kid SOLD, King of Swing SOLD , Lightning Blue SOLD, Preux Chevalier SOLD, Smoken Up SOLD, Sir Vancelot SOLD, I'm The MightyQuinn SOLD .

Once they're gone to the greener pasture , they're gone Blackie . you can't have em back . 

Or......... if you write me a cheque (for the right amount) I might consider it 😁😉💰

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Gamma, what track and distance and  I take it that it is a mobile?

Run and Won already mate .

Being a Oz v Nz contest which = Interdominion >>>> 

So here's the results based on best Interdom Grand Final performance (and where they ran it) 

Paleface Adios - v Young Quinn 1st at Akld            points   Aus 0 - Nz 1

Pure Steel 2nd and 3rd HP v  Lord Module -                        Aus 1 - Nz 1

Maoris Idol 3rd MV  v  No Response 1st at Addington         Aus 1 - Nz 2

Gammalite 1st Akld  v  Armalight -                                         Aus 2 - Nz 2

Popular Alm 2nd Akld v Delightful Lady 3rd Akld                 Aus 3 - Nz 2

Scotch Notch 2 GF wins v Sir Castleton 1 GF win                Aus 4 - Nz 2 

Preux Chevalier 1st MV  v  Luxury Liner -                               Aus 5 - Nz 2

Village Kid  1st Brisbane v  Roydon Glen -                              Aus 6 - Nz 2

Westburn Grant -  v  Chokin 2nd Addington                          Aus 6 - Nz 3

Lightning Blue 1st Addington v Master Mood -                      Aus 7 - Nz 3

Our Sir Vancelot 1st Akld v  Iraklis  2nd Akld                          Aus 8 - Nz 3

Smoken Up 1st Akld  v  Terror To Love -                                Aus 9 - Nz 3

I'm The Mighty Quinn 3 x GF wins v  Monkey King -            Aus 10 - Nz 3 

King of Swing -  v  Lazarus  1st Perth                                    Aus 10 - Nz 4

**Blacks A Fake (4 x Grand Final Wins ) v all of Nz -          Aus 14 - Nz 4  

** Gotta be worth 4 points for Blackie ? lol😃

The Nz 'Blackie'  over there will be glad to see 4 points scored for his kiwi side  😁😆😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

What Stewards Report?  Where from?

Think Mikey means this one Chief.

Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards advise that Show Me Heaven NZ and Act Now have been withdrawn from their respective engagements in Race 3 and Race 7 at the Maryborough race meeting to be conducted on Sunday 17 September 2023. Both horses have been withdrawn in accordance with the provisions of Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 196B (3).

The scratchings relate to a stable inspection being conducted by HRV Investigative Stewards at the registered training establishment of Emma Stewart on Saturday 16 September 2023 and circumstances of an intravenous drip being administered or attempted to be administered to the aforementioned horses within one (1) clear day of the relevant race meeting in contravention of the provisions of AHRR 196B (1).

As an investigation remains ongoing into this matter, no further comment will be made at this time.

That unfortunate investigation aside ,  the thread died here as The Real Sherlock was a a late scratching last night  😄 in the Vic bred Final . What a Fizzer ! ! lol . Haven't found out why yet.  

Final summary of the 12 x Group 1 's last night then >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mark and Nathan Purdon trotter 'We Can Have It All' ran 2nd after leading as $1.70 fav.... .

Better news with the New Zealand owned 'Amore Vita' romping in by lengths . ( so made a clean sweep of 2 year old, 3 year old and now 4 year old Vic Bred Finals !!! congrats to owners !!  

Emma Stewarts  28 runners were in 8 out of the 12 G1 Vicbred Final races run. She won 5 !!. 🏆

(2 or 3 Trifecta's as well). and ran just 2 trotters and one of them won as well . very good result. 

And the stable also produced the Winner of next years $2,000,000 EUREKA as well.... a colt named 'Petracca'.  The Captain Treacherous colt blitzing them by lengths in a hand-canter. Get on now if you can !! 😉

On 17/09/2023 at 4:33 PM, Taku Umanga said:

So for all those people who hold this stable as the gold standard,best of the best,why the silence?Wheres the condemnation of what this stable has been caught doing.

Just silence.

last week they won the richest harness race in the world,then this week dominated in the group one meeting at melton. Everyone happy to say how great they are.

Well thats how you do it. You break the rules and you cheat.

I'm referring to the media and industry leaders,who just brush over this type of stuff.  They are complicit and actively promote a stable that they must know most think are cheats.Even worse,you even get people in the media and industry leaders,who simply have no credibility ,who will actively defend their integrity.

We will have people saying,its a one off,they haven't returned positives,the testing system works,people are just jealous,white is actually black,blah,blah,blah,yada, yada,yada. 

Then there are some who prefer to believe the stable has always been honest,and have given them the benefit of the doubt.I can understand that thinking,but they must realise after weekend,that was just unrealistic wishful thinking.

So who are the winners out of this.

Firstly the  employees of the integrity unit in victoria who were able to catch them in the act.That can't have been easy and they deserve full credit for that.

All owners,traines,drivers,breeders who have had to race against a stable that nearly everyone must have believed were cheating.

the punters.

The horses.

And what will be the outcome.

Well probably they will get a relation,the farrier,the milkman ....someone who will carry on,beef up security even more to stop prying eyes and nothing much will in reality change and in a year or two the media sychophants will ramble on about how great and honest the relation is.

Edited by the galah

20 minutes ago, the galah said:

So for all those people who hold this stable as the gold standard,best of the best,why the silence?Wheres the condemnation of what this stable has been caught doing.

Just silence.

last week they won the richest harness race in the world,then this week dominated in the group one meeting at melton. Everyone happy to say how great they are.

Well thats how you do it. You break the rules and you cheat.

I'm referring to the media and industry leaders,who just brush over this type of stuff.  They are complicit and actively promote a stable that they must know most think are cheats.Even worse,you even get people in the media and industry leaders,who simply have no credibility ,who will actively defend their integrity.

We will have people saying,its a one off,they haven't returned positives,the testing system works,people are just jealous,white is actually black,blah,blah,blah,yada, yada,yada. 

Then there are some who prefer to believe the stable has always been honest,and have given them the benefit of the doubt.I can understand that thinking,but they must realise after weekend,that was just unrealistic wishful thinking.

So who are the winners out of this.

Firstly the  employees of the integrity unit in victoria who were able to catch them in the act.That can't have been easy and they deserve full credit for that.

All owners,traines,drivers,breeders who have had to race against a stable that nearly everyone must have believed were cheating.

the punters.

The horses.

And what will be the outcome.

Well probably they will get a relation,the farrier,the milkman ....someone who will carry on,beef up security even more to stop prying eyes and nothing much will in reality change and in a year or two the media sychophants will ramble on about how great and honest the relation is.

Some things are hard to comment on mate. I drenched all my horses the day  after they raced rather than the day before , so to avoid any sanctions.

The Emma Stewart Barn IS the gold standard , and results for years reflect this. 

Yes a farrier was named as Trainer for a few seasons when the McCarthy barn had a positive and Belinda did a year. The New Zealander Craig Cross 😂. that was quite funny , with the farrier winning Group 1's 😉😂 what an honour !!!  seems a common thing to name Stable Staff . currently the very large Kerry-anne Morris barn is being covered by 'Elizabeth Heath' even at Menangle today. Don't know who that is?  , could be like a Jenna Dunn type in the stable function ? who knows....  but the stable carries on (minus a figure head ) 

Yeah , great they catch em ! I think it was good in Nz Alford and Jones and those sorts were removed and there was Plenty Of Comment about it at the time . Which is good . I don't think 'silence' prevails . Huge stables  Webberley in Tas , Hunter/cockburn in QLD , Clinton Hall from the from the Very famous 'Hall' family in WA , even got 5 years. some of them even Longer ... life....Do the crime >>> get the time I reckon 🤔 .

Grant Dixon and Shane Graham are the Gold standard stables in Queensland and even they got DQ's for driving infringements . Grant's wife Trista did a year DQ , and Shane Graham (trainer of Turn It Up ) did '2 years Out' not that long ago .  but once the penalty is served you just get on with it.....

N McGrath got 7 or 8 years there ... that's pretty serious time. the poor bugger....

why didn't Dunns get time for Caffiene at Nelson that time ? (the horses were DQed . ) 

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

The Emma Stewart Barn IS the gold standard , and results for years reflect this. 

Yes and to become the best they obviously have been cheating. 

How can anyone have respect for their achievements knowing that?

Its guaranteed that this won't be a 1 off. Like who would believe they don't cheat in the high stake races when they do it at a country meeting.

What a bunch of weak-kneed people the administators over there are.

Why haven't they immediately announced they will be suspending the payout of any stakes that stable has won that has not already  been paid out. That includes the $2 million dollar race.

Why haven't they announced that depending on the results of their investigations,they may be doing retrospective testing on all group races won by the stable in the last 12 months.

Why don't they have a rule whereby any stable that has a horse return a positive,has to comply with a rule where by they are required to install cameras and monitoring equipment on the training properties, which the Intefrity Unit can view at any time. And why is there not a requirement that the cost of installation must be covered by the offending trainer or whoever it is that wishes to train from the offending property.

Why have they not come out and condemned the trainers actions?

What about the other trainers. Surely they must have a trainers/drivers association over there. Why haven't they immeduately issued a statement.

You know,it reminds me of those cases in the USA a year or so ago, where 29 people,mostly trainers but also vets and their staff,who manufactured,distrubuted and used what they accepted were perfromance enhancers at tracks like yonkers.The one where they mostly got around 3-5 years jail after mostly pleading guilty and were ordered to pay huge costs despite no positives.

What did the the main Trotting association do over there. They hit hardest those that came forward and admitted their wrong doing early and provided information to authorites about others.

The likes of jeff gural who ran the meadowlands was on record as saying he felt the U.S.trotting association were deliberately sending a message to people not to come forward,not to do the right thing and say something about the cheats. He said the US trotting association were undermining his efforts to stop cheating.Many over felt there that was due to the self interests of the administrators and influential backers of some adminsitrators,wishing to try and cover up dishonest behavior due to their links with some of the accused.

The point being,no matter where you are,people cheat and the turning of a blind eye makes anyone who does that an enabler.

Edited by the galah

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

Its guaranteed that this won't be a 1 off. Like who would believe they don't cheat in the high stake races when they do it at a country meeting.

What a bunch of weak-kneed people the administators over there are.

Why haven't they immediately announced they will be suspending the payout of any stakes that stable has won that has not already  been paid out. That includes the $2 million dollar race.

It was an IV drip mate. (so it says on early report)  they once used to put them on football players at half-time ,  but banned it in the end because the teams that did that had distinct advantage 2nd half .  

They pop them on any miriad of hospital patients for any number of reasons . extra saline to help blood pressure , so on and  so forth.. it's no huge technology cheat thing ? 

The Eureka winner was in the retention barn mate. so a 'clear 1 day threshold' of administration would of been achieved in that case. so why take the race off it ? unless it returns a positive later on.   

I think this shows duty of care . horses need treatments to race at that level. anything you can do helping in recovery and that is good for the horse. At that top level you'd flatten em pretty quick without some aids and good nutrition. 

Seems the timing was wrong with this case in question. (the one day thing) you'd be surprised mate How much horses get something an hour before a race , on the truck , in the washbay , (behind the wash bay lol) ... the day before ?? geeez why bother worrying  . 

The Emma Stewart Barn still had 2 horses in the Maryborough Gold Cup Sunday, even after stewards scratched Act Now from the race for the dreaded 'Day before' treatment. The 2 horses ran great races 3rd and 4th behind the Odds on favourite Rock N Roll Doo   . (the horse that went over there for the Nz Cup last year )  

NZ Horse KANGO having first Australia start in that race as well , (last start was AKLD cup in May), and went like a busted arse after sitting one-one. Maybe could of done with being stabled at the Emma Stewart complex to get some solid treatments like AMORE VITA did/has/gets ? , for her Nz connections .. take with pinch of salt mate 😁 and good humour of course 😉