Bit Of A Yarn

Challenge to Archie Butterfly: Put up or Shut up!

Chief Stipe

On 26/09/2023 at 9:19 PM, Rangatira said:

Courier late with Archibalds meds ?

He's like a TABloid version sure of a harness racing site.

It sure is entertaining some of his headlines.

One of the latest that caught the eye was "zoologist that roots dogs-only in australia".People can give him stick about his accuracy sometimes,but hes on the money there.

I must have too much time on my hands as i goggled that story and discovered that the zoologist was originally from britain and was a crocodile expert. Seems he had a thing for dogs was a very sick person.The judge even sent the security staff out of the court for fear of causing too much distress when the facts of the case were read through at his hearing.

Anyway another news story that was on that news page site, was about a vietnamese lady,just a week in australia,hitting the accelerator and running into and injuring 2 boys. Seems she thought the accelarator was the brake.

From that news page i goggled a story about a gathering hosted by a village chief in thailand ,who invited 31 police to his restaurant for a meal. Seems he was upset one of the policemen,a local police major, hadn't promoted his relation. So he had one of his henchmen shoot him in front of all the police.Then the local police did nothing until the area commander,nicknamed "Big Joke" learnt of the incident and tracked down the henchman and shot him and arrested the village chief.The story referred to how "Big Joke" was doing his best to stop the perception that justice can be bought in thailand.

Which reminded me of a bloke i knew. He actually won a bronze at an olympic games as a cyclist and he went to coach in thailand. I used to occasionally run into him. One day i saw him and said to him are you not coming back home as often, to which he replied he was back to stay. Then he told me he had been stuck in a thailand jail for a few weeks because he had been targeted by local police who took away his visa and threw him in jail until he was able to raise enough money to bribe his way back out.Apparently he had told one of the cyclists he was helping coach that he should coach him full time.That cyclist went and sacked his normal coach. The sacked coach then bribed the local police and hence thats how he ended up in jail. It turned out it cost him as much to get out of jail as he had earned there.

Obviously there are worse things going on in the world than backing the wrong horse.

Edited by the galah