Bit Of A Yarn

John McInerney

Mardy

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 7:10 PM, Chief Stipe said:

About time you got it.

If a dog is presented to the races and wins and them returns a positive swab for obvious reasons it has much more gravitas than an out of competition swab positive probably due to environmental comtamination.

It seems the RIB thinks that it's about time you got it Chief.

image.thumb.png.6b956e5e71fe60c6b99069f6e21900f4.png

https://racingintegrityboard.org.nz/decisions/non-raceday-inquiry-written-reasons-for-penalty-decision-dated-17-november-2023-stephen-mcinerney/

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Interesting when the only other person they ever tried charging in our case was me and this was nearly 4 months after the DQ was in affect already. The RIU/RIB really do struggle with any type of consistency in these rulings

Edited by Jacob

On 18/11/2023 at 10:27 AM, Yankiwi said:

Geez I know, contrary to your own self belief, that accurate statistical analysis is beyond you but it also seems so is literary comprehension

The cases were different but I know such nuances escape you and your agenda to slag off Greyhound racing at any opportunity.

I've consistently raised my concerns about the inconsistency of the RIB Judicial decisions both within a racing  code and between codes.

I've also been consistent in my criticism of the RIB AND Code management to address the elephant in the room which is environmental contamination.  

If you don't believe there is a difference between environmental contamination and deliberate administration of a prohibited substance then you are clueless about the challenges facing the racing industry.  Granted there is also a difference between a licensed person themselves returning a positive and their dog returning an environmental contamination positive vs a drug free trainer's dog returning an environmental positive.

The RIB are taking the easy option by treating it as being no different.  If a dog returns a positive at a level that can only be reached by deliberate administration to the dog then the penalty should be different for one that has a low level non performance enhancing positive obviously caused by environmental contamination.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

The dad's two charges were separate offences, happened 6 months apart & at different locations.

image.png.2d46b7de70f1d6bb75227d91399cb194.png

The son's two charges were separate offences, happened 3 weeks apart & in the same location.

image.thumb.png.e2d59066239ffa65834825e68957714f.png

Why would you expect them to have the same penalty outcome when the facts are different? 

• 1 month later...