Bit Of A Yarn

Inca Over

LongOwner

1 hour ago, the galah said:

The spca did a 21 month investigation before laying charges,then it was about a year after that that they decided not to proceed for the reasons i stated earlier.The police leave the policing of cruelty to animals to the spca.It had nothing to do with the police from what i have read.

Actually the Act says two organisations can lay charges the SPCA and MPI under the Animal Welfare Act.

1 hour ago, the galah said:

But i think in reality if you are going to say that,then you also need to be saying the RIU need to be resourced better to properly investigate such things.

How much dosh should they have? Is $18m+ a year not enough?  Would be if they spent it on the right things rather than Keystone Cops hiding in hedges, wearing flak jackets and walkie-talkies and then spending $14m+ on a fruitless court case.

2 hours ago, the galah said:

The spca did a 21 month investigation before laying charges,then it was about a year after that that they decided not to proceed for the reasons i stated earlier.The police leave the policing of cruelty to animals to the spca.It had nothing to do with the police from what i have read.

The main point i was making was you need honest people to come forward if they see what they believe to be major dishonesty which creates victims,whether they be people or animals.Whether what they thought was accurate,at least they were trying to do the right thing. 

Calling someone a rat infers betrayal,but there was no betrayal in the inca cases that i can see. Thats why i believe brodies comments were more an emotional reaction than a logical one. I understand people wanting to stand up for there mates,but you still have to think logically or it does no good.

Do not think my comment was emotive at all!

From what I have heard there was someone giving info to the cops.

Due to the circumstances, Narking on fellow harness participants is not in the best interests of harness racing !

Anyway it is just another thing that has caused division in NZ over recent years!

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Due to the circumstances, Narking on fellow harness participants is not in the best interests of harness racing !

Anyway it is just another thing that has caused division in NZ over recent years!

Well said.  But the "narking" wasn't based on anything real it was based on envy.

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

How much dosh should they have? Is $18m+ a year not enough?  Would be if they spent it on the right things rather than Keystone Cops hiding in hedges, wearing flak jackets and walkie-talkies and then spending $14m+ on a fruitless court case.

Have you seen them in hedges or just using the hedge for cover. I think theres a difference as i would imagine hiding in a hedge like you have suggested could prove a bit tricky if they wanted to move quickly.

Flak jackets. do you think thats part of the riu uniform all the time.  I don't know but they did say they have gear to record everything now. Perhaps they need flak jackets for incoming.Do you think its because they don't like it up em. perhaps one of them yells out "don't panic" when that happens. Or am i just being a stupid boy. Dads army always one of my favorites.

I'm getting a bit off track,but i'm pretty sure the riu didn't spend $14million on inca. 

On a more serious note,i do think they should be looking at using drones with cameras. Thats the way i would go if i worked for the riu. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Hey Brodster , you might be able to break out in a smile shortly . Inca is over, the labour government is over, covid is over  (well not in Alice Springs anyway 😂 covid finally reached there and 1/3 of the population with it there in November in that industrial heartland Mecca of Aus) 😁.

But anyway the grabbing of the NZ Cup by the Australian raider  might of asked more questions of the Inca guys. Maybe the jobless INCA guys followed that one out of the country to Brisbane tonight .? I hope so . As last time Grimson was here in Brisbane and winning the Group 1 in Winter , the accusations (and the Fists) were flying !! 😆 Maybe INCA can sort the bastards out a bit better lol....  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brodie said:

20 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Well said.  But the "narking" wasn't based on anything real it was based on envy.

you would think that chief,but who is brodie talking about?

I understood it was a non industry person who's complaint started the ball rolling. I may be wrong but have never heard of what brodie is referring to.

So if someone narks and is telling the truth,why are people afraid of the truth????

Brodie seems to have doubled down on his no narking on fellow industry participants if they are race fixing or doping.

Confucius once said something like, you should not set in your mind whether you are for or against someone or something,you should just follow the path that you think is right.

Who knows,each to their own i suppose.

Edited by the galah

17 minutes ago, the galah said:

Have you seen them in hedges or just using the hedge for cover. I think theres a difference as i would imagine hiding in a hedge like you have suggested could prove a bit tricky if they wanted to move quickly.

Flak jackets. do you think thats part of the riu uniform all the time.  I don't know but they did say they have gear to record everything now. Perhaps they need flak jackets for incoming.Do you think its because they don't like it up em. perhaps one of them yells out "don't panic" when that happens. Or am i just being a stupid boy. Dads army always one of my favorites.

I'm getting a bit off track,but i'm pretty sure the riu didn't spend $14million on inca. 

On a more serious note,i do think they should be looking at using drones with cameras. Thats the way i would go if i worked for the riu. 

Don't give them any ideas. Nek minute they will be spending 100,000s on drones and even more on training for drone operators. 

On 1/12/2023 at 4:32 PM, the galah said:

Yes it did.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:32 PM, the galah said:

Flak jackets. do you think thats part of the riu uniform all the time.

I have a picture of the RIB contingent all decked out before the raids.  It's a farce.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, the galah said:

I understood it was a non industry person who's complaint started the ball rolling. I may be wrong but have never heard of what brodie is referring to.

When you say non-industry person do you mean someone who has nothing to do with harness racing at all?  If that was the case why start the whole episode?

Yeah Na....most of it came from a disgruntled owner who used to be on these forums and then exited and ran a private Facebook page.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Don't give them any ideas. Nek minute they will be spending 100,000s on drones and even more on training for drone operators. 

What they need to do is get permission from the civil aviation authorities and get a couple of those surveillance drones that have cameras and can zoom in from some distance away.You wouldn't want to get too close and spook the horse.

Its just common sense to me. They could get one of those for under $10,000 i would guess. I don't think they need one with a loud speaker,but hey just imagine it,put the milkshake and the tube down mr..... No ,probably don't need the loudspeaker;pp

But i'm being serious.surely they must have looked into that. It would be a cheap and sensible thing for them to have. They just need to fet the appropraite permission to operate them.That would solve the chiefs concerns of having to hise in a hedge.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

When you say non-industry person do you mean someone who has nothing to do with harness racing at all?  If that was the case why start the whole episode?

Yeah Na....most of it came from a disgruntled owner who used to be on these forums and then exited and ran a private Facebook page.

So youv'e found most of the source  of where it started.So it had nothing to do with a graeme beirne associate. All down to an owner who contributed to forums like this and ran a private facebook page. All his fault. Well thats clears that up,not.

14 minutes ago, the galah said:

So youv'e found most of the source  of where it started.So it had nothing to do with a graeme beirne associate. All down to an owner who contributed to forums like this and ran a private facebook page. All his fault. Well thats clears that up,not.

i think looking  to blame someone for having a hand in where it all started doesn't achive anything and is just confusing because there would have been no one person..

Also i think it again reflects the "either your with us or against us " attitude that some foster. 

I think everyone in the sport loves it in their own way and people should just try and do and say what they think is right.Its just on some things,many will never agree. But the one common thing is they enjoy the horses and most of the people in it. 

3 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Hey Brodster , you might be able to break out in a smile shortly . Inca is over, the labour government is over, covid is over  (well not in Alice Springs anyway 😂 covid finally reached there and 1/3 of the population with it there in November in that industrial heartland Mecca of Aus) 😁.

But anyway the grabbing of the NZ Cup by the Australian raider  might of asked more questions of the Inca guys. Maybe the jobless INCA guys followed that one out of the country to Brisbane tonight .? I hope so . As last time Grimson was here in Brisbane and winning the Group 1 in Winter , the accusations (and the Fists) were flying !! 😆 Maybe INCA can sort the bastards out a bit better lol....  

Gamma, always breaking out smiles, lol.

I am just one of those people that has an opinion on everything and  express it, whether people agree or not doesnt concern me!

I have learnt from the past few years that so many are just so easily led and are prepared to accept everything is right!

So much WOKE BS nowadays and hopefully The new government in Nz will help, not perfect but so much better!

• Like 3