Bit Of A Yarn

Sam Thornley

Forbury

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2023 at 11:32 PM, Forbury said:

Excuse me!well at least we have a great person in the chief here to allow someone to absolutely destroy there reputation with such vulgar.FLO MOTION - compounded from the 600m. Stewards questioned junior driver S Thornley, who declined the assistance of a senior driver, regarding the tactics he adopted during the race, in particular when electing to shift away from the trailing position near the 1100m before applying significant pressure to the mare in an attempt to regain the lead resulting in the horse compounding from the 600m. After hearing Mr Thornley's explanation Stewards issued a charge under Rule 868(2), which Mr Thornley admitted, in that he failed to take all reasonable and permissible measures to ensure FLO MOTION finished in the best possible position. After viewing replays and hearing submissions on penalty, the Adjudicative Committee suspended Mr Thornley's driver's licence from the conclusion of racing on 29 December up to and including 7 January 2024 (6 days).

You deserved what you got . But you think you can destroy a young promising junior drivers reputation by accusing them of race fixing. 
You wouldn’t want to say that out in the wrong place in public or you might end up like that junior driver did at Westport 

• Bad Post 1

1 hour ago, Blossom lady said:

You deserved what you got . But you think you can destroy a young promising junior drivers reputation by accusing them of race fixing. 
You wouldn’t want to say that out in the wrong place in public or you might end up like that junior driver did at Westport 

Young Sam Thornley is a very promising driver and is doing a great job, and that is why he is picking up plenty of outside drives.

I doubt with how hard it is to win a race, there is ever going to be race fixing from anyone!
It is without doubt that Sam Thornley would say that the drive on Flo Motion was not his normal level of expertise!

What I see from watching young Sam is that he always tries to put his horse in the race which for a punter is good!

The harness industry for young drivers is not a route to wealth and we need to retain them!

Harness Racing Unhinged video yesterday from Mot interviewed young Gemma Thornley and she stated that the job she is going to in England is going to be more lucrative financially!

We dont need to knock our industry participants who are doing the hard yards for us to enjoy harness racing!

There are bigger fish to fry, the ones that do not treat punters fairly,

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Brodie said:

There are bigger fish to fry, the ones that do not treat punters fairly,

Like when you get stuck behind that older Chinese bloke who is taking his trifecta combos on individual tickets and the race is about the start and the manager fails to open more windows ?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Forbury's is entitiled to his opinion but anyone who follows this site knows hes prone to getting frustrated often based on what he has had his money on and often his comments go beyond what anyone could reasonably conclude.  

So him saying what he did was never going to have an impact on any drivers reputation as a race fixer. Suggesting hes trying to destroy thornleys reputation seems rather over the top,even a bit forbury like.

As with anything forbury does say,there is an element of actual observation that detects certain patterns. I belive s thornley had a recent pattern of over driving his horses prior to his suspension,but hey as brodie has pointed out,a punter would rather be on a fella trying really hard than someone who is too negative. Many drivers go through patterns of driving where they are too conservative  to please the punter.

the punter is a hard person to please sometimes.

the bit at the end of your post goes beyond anything forbury would actually say,but hey you may think someone would want to assault him just for having an opinion and maybe it does happen,i don't think so.

At the end of the day i no longer get surprised that people seem to take to heart  someones opinion on this site. I never know why they should but for some reason it often seems to happen. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, the galah said:

Forbury's is entitiled to his opinion but anyone who follows this site knows hes prone to getting frustrated often based on what he has had his money on and often his comments go beyond what anyone could reasonably conclude.  

Don't forget @Forbury was a huge critic of Ben Hope.  Now he's a fan!

• Like 3

On 1/9/2024 at 2:24 PM, the galah said:

So him saying what he did was never going to have an impact on any drivers reputation as a race fixer. Suggesting hes trying to destroy thornleys reputation seems rather over the top,even a bit forbury like.

As with anything forbury does say,there is an element of actual observation that detects certain patterns. I belive s thornley had a recent pattern of over driving his horses prior to his suspension,but hey as brodie has pointed out,a punter would rather be on a fella trying really hard than someone who is too negative. Many drivers go through patterns of driving where they are too conservative  to please the punter.

the punter is a hard person to please sometimes.

the bit at the end of your post goes beyond anything forbury would actually say,but hey you may think someone would want to assault him just for having an opinion and maybe it does happen,i don't think so.

At the end of the day i no longer get surprised that people seem to take to heart  someones opinion on this site. I never know why they should but for some reason it often seems to happen. 

Absolutely champion well explained 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 6:38 PM, Blossom lady said:

You deserved what you got.these days old man language abuse like that will end you up charged by the police and in court that's a fact and now you have taken it further with violent threats over someone opinion and observations that this might be race fixing due to a recent pattern of drives which ended up in a brain fart and Sam suspended so if you want to continue to embarrass yourself before you die angry old man be our guest it will be worth a laugh 😂