Bit Of A Yarn

Karaka 2024: Vendors will be pleased.

21 minutes ago, billy connolly said:

Lot 661 - Moroney vs Moroney !!!

https://www.facebook.com/NewZealandBloodstock/

wow , they are the best looking horses I have ever seen at sales. they look bigger and stronger as each year goes by. fantastic.

26 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Don't understand your question(s)?

Just meant did they get a racing name ? and race/trial yet. Was wondering how they did in training . thought you might of recognised the breeding being so expensive . 

I don't understand why you would  have an  overweight person leading an athletic horse around.  Get a hot chick,   would help sell your product.  I carry a few pounds extra but I'm living in the top paddock ATM.  Yeah I live well. 

Hj

24 minutes ago, Honestjohn said:

I don't understand why you would  have an  overweight person leading an athletic horse around.  Get a hot chick,   would help sell your product.  I carry a few pounds extra but I'm living in the top paddock ATM.  Yeah I live well. 

Hj

Obviously you are not looking at what is being auctioned.  Hint:  The yearling and the Strapper don't come as a package.

• Champ Post 1

19 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Obviously you are not looking at what is being auctioned.  Hint:  The yearling and the Strapper don't come as a package.

I look at the difference between them and harness sales.  Anthea sharp used to do a lot.  and she was hot.   and professional. 

hj

On 1/30/2024 at 4:49 PM, Gammalite said:

Hey Chief any idea who the top 2 lots are on the track from 2021 - 2022 sales you're showing ?

A $800k Zoustar and the $1 mill Savabeel out of Chandelier? 

Stella Splendida is the Zoustar 
Hey Bro Mo'Unga is the Savabeel
Shanwah is the Too Darn Hot

In this modern era there are some things you are not supposed to say out loud but, I don't always conform with today's thinking.

I agree with Honestjohn that some ideals still resonate ... like "sex sells".

In an advertising world the first step is to catch the potential buyer's attention.

I had a chuckle about your comment on how hot Anthea is/was.  I knew her way back when she was Anthea Dick.  I'm sure she would love your comments on her appearance.

• Champ Post 1

30 minutes ago, Special Agent said:

In this modern era there are some things you are not supposed to say out loud but, I don't always conform with today's thinking.

In an advertising world the first step is to catch the potential buyer's attention.

I had a chuckle about your comment on how hot Anthea is/was.  I knew her way back when she was Anthea Dick.  I'm sure she would love your comments on her appearance.

How shallow.  I'd be wary of buying a horse led by a distraction.  Maybe I'm different but my focus is on the conformation and attitude of the horse in the sales ring.

Bit like punting really - takes an effort to eliminate bias.

• Haha 1

Alcohol is also a distraction and there is plenty of that flowing at sales, in fact has been the reason for some questionable buys.  Not everyone buys solely on conformation.  Sometimes it's connection with the breeder, leader, owner or just a plain hunch.  There would never be those cheapie near champions without a bit of luck in whatever method is used for selection.

Shallow though the sex sells advertising method is, it is a known successful formula.

We are all different and variety is the spice of life.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Special Agent said:

I ran into her at a local restaurant a few years ago.  Still attractive.  Her partner owned the joint. 

Hj

1 hour ago, Special Agent said:

or just a plain hunch.

Interesting research has been done on "plain hunches" in many areas.  If you asked someone straight off why they chose a particular horse they'd say a hunch or because I liked it.  But if you spent some considerable time with them and asked the right questions you'd find that their mind went through a process which added up a whole lot of positives.

On 1/29/2024 at 7:36 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Screenshot_20240129_073516_Samsung Internet.jpg

Book 2 wont make as good of reading. Seems to be a lot of passed in lots and a number of horses selling under $30,000. At todays costs surely some are taking a big loss. Some very nice horses though from what Ive seen.

3 minutes ago, Assange said:

Book 2 wont make as good of reading. Seems to be a lot of passed in lots and a number of horses selling under $30,000. At todays costs surely some are taking a big loss. Some very nice horses though from what Ive seen.

The average and median are up.  Don't forget Book 1 was bigger this year by about 40 horses.

screenshot-www.nzb.co.nz-2024.02.02-11_58_53.png