Bit Of A Yarn

Lazarus Retired

Happy Sunrise

5 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Actually top comment is not mine. From that idiot Scooby.

how long do you want him to acclimatise?

he arrived up there in may and never raced until August!  

As for your greedy comment , I have no idea where you are coming from. Surely if you buy a racehorse/stallion you expect to start recouping your money. 

You do, but they are not machines, I really don't think they gave him a chance to get over that virus, I think they could have been a little more patient, it has cost the new owners big Time in The end

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

You do, but they are not machines, I really don't think they gave him a chance to get over that virus, I think they could have been a little more patient, it has cost the new owners big Time in The end

And what do you base your decision on. Hindsight is very easy to do.

takter would have been monitoring his health on a daily basis and would put the horses needs first. 

It hasn't really cost the owners anything at all. His 2nd in the 46 mile plus his couple wins in Indiana have shown the potential breeders enough. And also yannick and jimmy have talked him up enough. His biggest problem in the breeding barn is the n after his name.

11 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

And what do you base your decision on. Hindsight is very easy to do.

takter would have been monitoring his health on a daily basis and would put the horses needs first. 

It hasn't really cost the owners anything at all. His 2nd in the 46 mile plus his couple wins in Indiana have shown the potential breeders enough. And also yannick and jimmy have talked him up enough. His biggest problem in the breeding barn is the n after his name.

You could see in his past few races he wasn't right, you spend all that money on him and for the sake of a couple of big races you spoil his racing record and his potential Aura at stud....i don't know,  time will tell but I can see the yanks being turned off him now.

• Like 1

Just now, Noodlum said:

Has anyone seen the post on the cartoon dog channel where head dog bans someone for what is supposedly defamatory?

I don't know how to copy it here but can anyone explain what is defamatory about the post?

Whether you agree with long owner or not, surly he is allowed to have an opinion!! I see one particular lap dog started Barking loud enough for Kim Jong un to hear and ...All I can say is true to form

Screenshot_20181029-211012.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Whether you agree with long owner or not, surly he is allowed to have an opinion!! I see one particular lap dog started Barking loud enough for Kim Jong un to hear and ...All I can say is true to form

That is the way an oligarchy operates.

RussianCafe.............Putin and his henchmen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

You could see in his past few races he wasn't right, you spend all that money on him and for the sake of a couple of big races you spoil his racing record and his potential Aura at stud....i don't know,  time will tell but I can see the yanks being turned off him now.

Wow. I'm sure that his previous start was in Lexington and wasn't he a fast closing 2nd  in the 2nd fastwst race ever! To me it looked like he was pretty good.  And  didn't he win his previous start at Hoosier coming last 1/4 25.4. You and I must have been watching different races!

Lazarus has not done enough over there, for American breeders to flock to him in big numbers.

Lazarus has been an amazing horse, as good as anything I have seen.

I still beleive that he will be returned to NZ for breeding purposes at some stage!

If he doesn’t come back, then I am not on the money, but then who would bet against 

“The Brodster” being right?

• Champ Post 1

33 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Wow. I'm sure that his previous start was in Lexington and wasn't he a fast closing 2nd  in the 2nd fastwst race ever! To me it looked like he was pretty good.  And  didn't he win his previous start at Hoosier coming last 1/4 25.4. You and I must have been watching different races!

No the two times mcwicked beat him at the red mile and in Canada he didn't show his normal tanacity, and had his arse spanked, I don't know, but in my opinion there has been a dark cloud over him since his first win and personally after mcwicked nearly ran him down at hosier i thought second was his lot on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Lazarus has not done enough over there, for American breeders to flock to him in big numbers.

Lazarus has been an amazing horse, as good as anything I have seen.

I still beleive that he will be returned to NZ for breeding purposes at some stage!

If he doesn’t come back, then I am not on the money, but then who would bet against 

“The Brodster” being right?

His numbers will depend on what state they decide to stand him in. I would expect an announcement in the next couple of weeks.

these taylor made guys are mates with the big kentucky breeders so expect support from them. Just wouldn't be too sure of the quality of mares.

of course he will return done here. It might only be frozen semen at some stage but he will be available to down under breeders.

1 minute ago, Flagship uberalles said:

No the two times mcwicked beat him at the red mile and in Canada he didn't show his normal tanacity, and had his arse spanked, I don't know, but in my opinion there has been a dark cloud over him since his first win and personally after mcwicked nearly ran him down at hosier i thought second was his lot on Saturday.

You had better watch that red mile race again because you have no idea what you are talking about!

11 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Also if you had any clue you would realise lazaras had to lead up into a very strong head wind at Hoosier and still paced home in under 26.

Just now, Blossom lady said:

Also if you had any clue you would realise lazaras had to lead up into a very strong head wind at Hoosier and still paced home in under 26.

Don't spurt times to me ..on those lighting fast track's they are tailor made for those sort of times thats why low grade horses run 1.50... don't shit yourself because I have a different opinion or saw things differently to you.....end result there is clearly a major problem!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Don't spurt times to me ..on those lighting fast track's they are tailor made for those sort of times thats why low grade horses run 1.50... don't shit yourself because I have a different opinion or saw things differently to you.....end result there is clearly a major problem!

You are right about the problem out of pocono  but for your comments about the way he raced in Lexington you are totally clueless. Lazaras went one of the best races ever seen on a racetrack . How you cannot see that is beyond me. You are either pig headed , ignorant or clueless. Probably a combination of all 3.

i can see you are one of those people who complain about someone's performance( probably the referee) when the AB!s win by 50.

Just now, Blossom lady said:

You are right about the problem out of pocono  but for your comments about the way he raced in Lexington you are totally clueless. Lazaras went one of the best races ever seen on a racetrack . How you cannot see that is beyond me. You are either pig headed , ignorant or clueless. Probably a combination of all 3.

i can see you are one of those people who complain about someone's performance( probably the referee) when the AB!s win by 50.

No not an all blacks fan I find they complain when they occasionally lose about the referee or food poisoning or something other teams just take on the chin!

Look I just don't see it the same as you, but I'm not calling you ignorant clueless or pigheaded!

His performance at Lexington says a lot for his class, but he has been on and off since he has been in the states and clearly not right

6 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

A blind man could see he wasn't right the other day.

now you are changing your mind about that Lexington race.

i notice from some of your above posts you say takter was wrong in how he has handled this horse. Please tell me from what experiences you have you think you know more than him?

I didn't change my mind about the the race, I said his class carried him a long way, 

I think they rushed getting him into the big races after his virus, alot of adjustment for the horse plus a virus and being thrown in at the deep end all in a relatively short time. 

Maybe you can explain if it was worth it in hindsight?

So you are still critical of everything takter done with this horse.

what makes you such a big expert?

where should he have raced lazaras then if you didn't want him in these "big races"

all his racing up to and including Lexington was justified imo!  To get lazaras to run a 46 mile was an amazing accomplishment by takter. In hindsight he probably should have scratched out of the breeders crown but hindsight is a great thing.

i see he scoped sick and bled as well.  I wonder if there was any truth to the story going around he bled in the miracle mile! 

1 hour ago, Blossom lady said:

where should he have raced lazaras then if you didn't want him in these "big races"

Never said I was a "big expert" just gave my opinion based on the fact it takes 6 months to a year for a horse to acclimatise properly he had a virus which he didn't seem to have time to recover properly from and to me didn't look 100% 

2 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

all his racing up to and including Lexington was justified imo!  To get lazaras to run a 46 mile was an amazing accomplishment by takter. In hindsight he probably should have scratched out of the breeders crown but hindsight is a great thing.

Doesn't take much hindsight to interpret a medical test conducted in advance...

"According to trainer Jimmy Takter, the high SAA (Serum Amylord A) test which resulted in his removal from the Dan Rooney at Yonkers on International Trot Day never did normalize and the infection remained in his system."

http://ustrottingnews.com/lazarus-n-scopes-sick/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Basil said:

Doesn't take much hindsight to interpret a medical test conducted in advance...

"According to trainer Jimmy Takter, the high SAA (Serum Amylord A) test which resulted in his removal from the Dan Rooney at Yonkers on International Trot Day never did normalize and the infection remained in his system."

http://ustrottingnews.com/lazarus-n-scopes-sick/

That says it all. Thank you Basil.  Can  you two stop arguing now please. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/10/2018 at 3:59 PM, Brodie said:

Flagship, are you serious?

Everyone knows that there is something not quite right there!

He always brings us up, so if anyone is jealous it is him!

Goooooooooboooooooyyyyyy yeeehaaaaaahaaaaaaa oooooooooh Yeah etc!!!!!

I found this gem from the great man "the diceman cometh" he is spot on the Mark!Screenshot_20181030-222153.thumb.png.311d4c5958e651ecb7f410a5f23139b5.png

• Like 1