Bit Of A Yarn

Lazarus Retired

Happy Sunrise

If he has been retired it is a bit weird.

Has the trainer said he is GONE. 

This after the trainer said how well he was?

Will be interesting to see if he is sent back here, because I can’t see too many Yanks breeding to him despite his amazing race record here!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Part of a NZ Herald article below.

No one knows what is going on or what happened. Pretty weak journalism all round since they either have no links to  Lazarus in the USA or can't even be bothered to find out what actually caused his failure.

Crap journalism.

It was a terrible weekend for two of New Zealand's best harness horses.

Former Horse of the Year winners Lazarus and Monbet both suffered big setbacks and the immediate or even long-term futures of both are in doubt.

Lazarus was a shock last in the Breeders Crown open male pace at Pocono Downs in the United States yesterday afternoon (NZ time) dropping out after leading to miss a place for only the second time in his career in the race won by his arch rival McWicked.

Clearly the champion New Zealand pacer was ailing in some way and it will now be interesting to see whether his connections continue his campaign, bring him back for next season or if he is retired to stud.

While Lazarus's connections will mull over his options the trainers of NZ's best trotter Monbet have had that taken away from them as the seven-year-old, who was supposed to return to racing at Kaikoura today, has been sidelined indefinitely.

11 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

he is a one eyed journo only interested in reporting on one Canterbury stable a real tosser

He's retired. But prior to that he was one of the best racing journalists ever seen in NZ, one who actually managed some elegant and original phrasing and didn't just trot out the same old tired cliches.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Basil said:

He's retired. But prior to that he was one of the best racing journalists ever seen in NZ, one who actually managed some elegant and original phrasing and didn't just trot out the same old tired cliches.

Yes, he once was. Now he sometimes acts as the propaganda wing of the All Stars. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Screenshot_20181029-143852.png

I had a look. Why not.

This JJ Flash quoted HTP first so he must have been over here looking. Maybe he was bored.

Then he said HTP posts a lot of stupid things so he was over here a lot so must have been really bored since he is a newcomer to RC. 

Finally, Iraklis gives him a lucid description of what a bunch of wankers we are.  Cheers.

Well,  3 things will keep RC Harness going; any All Stars supporter; bringing up of ex posters; and made up posters like JJ who just seem to have the knack of knowing the history of once went on so they can drum up the antagonism of old to get more posts.

My money is on one of the inner sanctum having a double called JJ Flash. It is all just too convenient and transparent.

I hope I get quoted and abused. Feeling left out recently. Not like the old days when shit flew my way.

51 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Yes, he once was. Now he sometimes acts as the propaganda wing of the All Stars. 

So, like heaps of journalists, he's moved into PR? I can understand that — there's a lot more money in the latter.?

Anyway, I don't see the problem. It'd be a pretty unusual, and ineffective, PR person who didn't spout propaganda on behalf of one's clients. Doesn't force anybody to believe it though. 

15 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I had a look. Why not.

This JJ Flash quoted HTP first so he must have been over here looking. Maybe he was bored.

Then he said HTP posts a lot of stupid things so he was over here a lot so must have been really bored since he is a newcomer to RC. 

Finally, Iraklis gives him a lucid description of what a bunch of wankers we are.  Cheers.

Well,  3 things will keep RC Harness going; any All Stars supporter; bringing up of ex posters; and made up posters like JJ who just seem to have the knack of knowing the history of once went on so they can drum up the antagonism of old to get more posts.

My money is on one of the inner sanctum having a double called JJ Flash. It is all just too convenient and transparent.

I hope I get quoted and abused. Feeling left out recently. Not like the old days when shit flew my way.

Quite right happy and don't forget R.C Newmarket who has a friend that emails him when something is said on boay....what a load of shite!!! There are only about half a dozen posters on the trot section not counting the ones that are the same person....but you are right it's all very contrived  you have to be a real arse creeper or escaped from an asylum to be allowed to have an opinion.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

11 minutes ago, Basil said:

So, like heaps of journalists, he's moved into PR? I can understand that — there's a lot more money in the latter.?

Anyway, I don't see the problem. It'd be a pretty unusual, and ineffective, PR person who didn't spout propaganda on behalf of one's clients. Doesn't force anybody to believe it though. 

True, Basil. 

I just the remember the rant he made about ratings etc awhile back. I thought it was written by someone drunk.

Go and have a look on RC...it will still be there lol.

36 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Quite right happy and don't forget R.C Newmarket who has a friend that emails him when something is said on boay....what a load of shite!!! There are only about half a dozen posters on the trot section not counting the ones that are the same person....but you are right it's all very contrived  you have to be a real arse creeper or escaped from an asylum to be allowed to have an opinion.

It's better than The Comedy Channel over there. Some of the posts after the Lazarus failure yesterday were just pure gold.

poor old Sir Farts A lot must be shaking his head at most of the shit that gets written there.

• Haha 2

Well my opinion is they are f...... him properly...week after week racing travelling all over the country and Canada after travelling to a different side of the world...total greedy muppets no thought to the horse or his value at all...how could they have run him today...he is obviously 20 lengths off his best!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rcfe-clown::rcf-angry-4:

here's one of my favourites. And it's from old Scooby himself. Poor guy doesn't have a clue. Is making the village idiot look like he has a clue. 

• Like 2

One more lap

• Maiden - R50
  •  
  • One more lap
  • MEMBERS
   On 10/28/2018 at 4:20 PM,  Iraklis said: 

Yes Scoobs & Tim,  that was one of my thoughts, or pulled a shoe maybe.......oh geez just hope The Champ is ok....nice to see Shartin kickin ass n takin names anyway :rcfe-happy-2:

Cheers Iraklis

If Laz was going to be a bleeder, he would have done it running two miles breaking records, maybe the Lacix is not working on him, sad to see today and really hope he gets back on track at his very best.

couple more beauties here. Still laughing over the shoe comment. As for the village idiot's mate the lasix definately didn't work on Lazarus. He wasn't on it and hasn't at any time in his races to date. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Well my opinion is they are f...... him properly...week after week racing travelling all over the country and Canada after travelling to a different side of the world...total greedy muppets no thought to the horse or his value at all...how could they have run him today...he is obviously 20 lengths off his best!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rcfe-clown::rcf-angry-4:

here's one of my favourites. And it's from old Scooby himself. Poor guy doesn't have a clue. Is making the village idiot look like he has a clue. 

Spot on bloss, they were so greedy to start recouping the money they spent, they didn't give him a chance to acclimatise let alone get over that virus...He will be at a bargain price over there at stud now.

5 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Spot on bloss, they were so greedy to start recouping the money they spent, they didn't give him a chance to acclimatise let alone get over that virus...He will be at a bargain price over there at stud now.

Actually top comment is not mine. From that idiot Scooby.

how long do you want him to acclimatise?

he arrived up there in may and never raced until August!  

As for your greedy comment , I have no idea where you are coming from. Surely if you buy a racehorse/stallion you expect to start recouping your money.