Bit Of A Yarn

Terri Rae

1 hour ago, curious said:

She's maybe a bit busy at the time they want to talk to her with obligations to owners and maybe the horses?

I think the horses have more personality than some of our trackside interviewers, and they certainly won't ask such riveting questions as " How do you feel?"

• Like 1

On 24/02/2024 at 2:00 PM, Newmarket said:

You may be right. Heard Sam Bergerson on Trackside interview this morn… I reckon he said ummmm about 100 times 😆

Geez give the young man a break.  First and foremost his responsibility is to train the horses in his care.  Speaking to presenters asking dumb questions is low down on his priority.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Geez give the young man a break.  First and foremost his responsibility is to train the horses in his care.  Speaking to presenters asking dumb questions is low down on his priority.  

I think that what they meant CS, dumb questions making him go umm.

I think Bergerson has been outstanding at TA, even though I'm not as big a fan boy of TA like you are CS. He comes across very well.

On 24/02/2024 at 12:11 PM, Newmarket said:

Is there a reason why? Something happen in the past? 

Always liked Jan Hay as a trainer, turned nags out well.

Yes a very good trainer, I think she trained songline, dam of subl

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

After the way Kevin Myers was treated by Trackside and NZTR i'm surprised anybody talks to them.

Sharrock thinks you should go on there and be positive about your horse's chance so that the person in the pub with a tenner in his hand says they sound confident and put on 20. Of course, if he understood wagering, he'd know if the person loses 20 on that bet, it's 20 they won't risk later. Pretty much no impact on turnover/ revenue.

• Like 1

On 25/02/2024 at 8:05 PM, Chief Stipe said:

What’s your problem…. Maybe you should have listened to him on trackside before races Saturday, he wasnt on tv just audio, don’t care what you say it was poor, 

Anyway…. Ummm, that’s it from me on this, ummmm, hopefully he improves…. Ummmm before next interview…ummmmm

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

What’s your problem…. Maybe you should have listened to him on trackside before races Saturday, he wasnt on tv just audio, don’t care what you say it was poor, 

In your opinion.  Of course your weren't listening to what he was saying just how he was saying it.

Big ask for a young trainer to be superior in every aspect of horse racing from the get go.  As you know public speaking is low on his list of priorities.  Not many people work the hours a horse trainer in a large stable do.

34 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

In your opinion.  Of course your weren't listening to what he was saying just how he was saying it.

Big ask for a young trainer to be superior in every aspect of horse racing from the get go.  As you know public speaking is low on his list of priorities.  Not many people work the hours a horse trainer in a large stable do.

Or a small stable for that matter.

• Like 2