Bit Of A Yarn

GRNZ - You Just Can't Make This $hit Up.

On 10/03/2024 at 10:01 PM, Chief Stipe said:

Why anyone would bother responding to Chazza online I have no idea.

Well he obviously cant back his claims up.

Would love to know what he did with a dog in 3 days to think itd qualify again.

I imagine its more likely he was hoping the dog would get through one trial so he could then race it and the dog do the same thing race day.

Edited by BitofaLegend

Dec 2022 Industry Progress Report to Govt.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Advisories/GRNZ Industry Progress Report 12 December 2022.pdf

image.png.e481a07005aa4e47b815aa3aad0ae8a5.png

I believe it's time GRNZ wielded their "strict enforcement capabilities & penalties" out and got to the bottom of just what happened with the Dec 2023 AHWC meeting.

image.png.cb3149b3bfe5f117ed163ff234ef6ca3.png

Then this.

image.png.969d906e5fd12e504147e70c408b0e48.png

After I had started investigating & shared this data.

image.png.0cef1b0c3a82731bc8c64e1168048657.png

The two tracks that lead the pack in terms of low rates of injury were Wanganui & Southland.

MD Claimed first Manukau & Cambridge. Then he changed his mind to Manawatu & Cambridge after I had posted the data on BOAY.

There are only six tracks in the country. MD guessed (or lied) about three of them leading the pack, which were all wrong.

His inaccuracies/lies put a major roadblock into GRNZ's integrated governance. If the information provided was open & honest (compounded by trying to change history once under the microscope), accurate information (at the time) would have led to accurate recommendations being provided to GRNZ Executive & Board meetings.

image.png.3c924ba8ebcf8885c8ebabe28f5fe54e.png

If welfare underpins everything GRNZ does (as they claim), then MD will be removed from his responsibilities reporting to the AHWC meetings & someone who will provide the committee with accurate & honest information will be put in his place, at a minimum.

The industry as a whole is up at stake & examples such as this only hasten its demise.

8 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Dec 2022 Industry Progress Report to Govt.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Advisories/GRNZ Industry Progress Report 12 December 2022.pdf

image.png.e481a07005aa4e47b815aa3aad0ae8a5.png

I believe it's time GRNZ wielded their "strict enforcement capabilities & penalties" out and got to the bottom of just what happened with the Dec 2023 AHWC meeting.

image.png.cb3149b3bfe5f117ed163ff234ef6ca3.png

Then this.

image.png.969d906e5fd12e504147e70c408b0e48.png

After I had started investigating & shared this data.

image.png.0cef1b0c3a82731bc8c64e1168048657.png

The two tracks that lead the pack in terms of low rates of injury were Wanganui & Southland.

MD Claimed first Manukau & Cambridge. Then he changed his mind to Manawatu & Cambridge after I had posted the data on BOAY.

There are only six tracks in the country. MD guessed (or lied) about three of them leading the pack, which were all wrong.

His inaccuracies/lies put a major roadblock into GRNZ's integrated governance. If the information provided was open & honest (compounded by trying to change history once under the microscope), accurate information (at the time) would have led to accurate recommendations being provided to GRNZ Executive & Board meetings.

image.png.3c924ba8ebcf8885c8ebabe28f5fe54e.png

If welfare underpins everything GRNZ does (as they claim), then MD will be removed from his responsibilities reporting to the AHWC meetings & someone who will provide the committee with accurate & honest information will be put in his place, at a minimum.

The industry as a whole is up at stake & examples such as this only hasten its demise.

That graphic says ‘Monthly’ Animal Health and Welfare Committee meetings? But the dates say otherwise…

IMG_2437.jpeg

Edited by Seeyounexttuesdaytrainers

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Seeyounexttuesdaytrainers said:

That graphic says ‘Monthly’ Animal Health and Welfare Committee meetings? But the dates say otherwise…

IMG_2437.jpeg

Yep, that's what GRNZ does.

They make a claim they are doing everything they can for welfare. We're going to hold a monthly meeting!

Then they hold one fairly regularly between March & November 2022. We've done it! Welfare underpins everything we do!

Then they've done such a great job in their own mind, monthly meetings aren't required anymore. The holiday season is coming & we need a break. (Meanwhile the tracks start to dry up, serious injuries start to rise) We better hold another meeting in February.

February rolls around, major injuries are thru the roof & they have their meeting... Welcome back everyone, that sure was a nice break. Maybe we should hold the meeting every second month. Let's have a vote. The vote passes & meetings are now bimonthly.

They get thru a winter with the KPI injury numbers met during the safe racing season & sing their own praises.

Spring takes hold and injuries start to increase so MD says Cambridge & Manukau lead the pack, nothing clearly changed for November.

The rest of this story is pretty well documented in the various thread here, except for this bit.

Let's make the meeting more fun (and much more expensive). We deserve it!

image.png.d35c4ab535a8baae8cfb41620b72d822.png

image.png.c3b5bcf99f2974366483e7eb6e080708.png

Edited by Yankiwi

19 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

So how does this work?

Today at Palmy.

How does a dog get vetted after a race, cleared of injury & receive a 10-day injury stand-down?

image.thumb.png.cf78f6011492d065dc51569d8493fca2.png

image.png.723587e99f79a0d1318a71a636e467a7.png

Really?

Because the best thing for the dog was not to race next week.  It’s not all about injuries. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goldstar said:

Perhaps if you were at the vet check you would know more

I'm only allowed to know so much & that's what the Steward reports.

I analyzed what the Steward had reported & there was an inconsistency.

I brought the inconsistency up on the BOAY forum.

A Steward was the one that got it wrong & has since fixed it.

I instantly became the bad guy.

So be it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm.

How does the #2 lead at the first marker, when it never near the lead in the race whatsoever?

image.png.56307cdca0176832cbebf5b292f62965.png

image.thumb.png.aafb1f70d775b66b8fdf5c0970fb7a44.png

And how does the #3 clearly lead into the corner, before putting the brakes on, receive a "775" in the form line?

image.png.7ee275adb735657fa3051565f3e7abfb.png

Hey @aquaman,

Rick Quirk says the #3 lost ground & the unnamed vet gave it a 21-day standdown because of shin soreness.

DALTON BAXTER (3) - referred to Veterinarian after losing ground and reported to have left shin soreness with a 21 day incapacitation issued.

Looks more like FTP than losing ground to me.

image.png.03da95a61326ed9ce14a63f2b24c67f0.png

13 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Hey @aquaman,

Rick Quirk says the #3 lost ground & the unnamed vet gave it a 21-day standdown because of shin soreness.

DALTON BAXTER (3) - referred to Veterinarian after losing ground and reported to have left shin soreness with a 21 day incapacitation issued.

Looks more like FTP than losing ground to me.

image.png.03da95a61326ed9ce14a63f2b24c67f0.png

3 fails to pursue, clearly puts brakes on 1st bend, should of been put out. Most Stipes cannot read races, especially the ex cops.

• Champ Post 2

On 11/04/2024 at 3:15 PM, Special Agent said:

Sometimes the galloping Stipes Reports are laughable too.  Have you found that interpretation varies a lot in everything these days?  I wonder about the standard of education some people have been subjected to.

Same.  I might be nitpicking, but they are a hard read sometimes.  And the transgressions that are missed, or misinterpreted, are alarming.

• Like 1

Given you don’t need any qualifications or experience, it’s not really surprising (but woo, If you’re a steward you get to drive a branded car 🤦‍♂️)

https://www.seek.co.nz/job/74978840

On 4/11/2024 at 3:15 PM, Special Agent said:

Sometimes the galloping Stipes Reports are laughable too.  Have you found that interpretation varies a lot in everything these days?  I wonder about the standard of education some people have been subjected to.

• Like 1