Bit Of A Yarn

Randwick… Wahoo

Amazing meeting is going ahead today after so much rain, really excited with Aus racing today. 

Imperatriz is a brilliant horse, best to come from NZ in many years and proven against the best across the ditch. Match race between I Wish I Win today, for mine not much between them. 
Will be backing I Wish I Win only because track record, I think it will suit better than other, also Jmac over OP any day for me. 

Roughies for multiples, Aft Cabin & Buenos Noches. 

Anyone watch Racing Dreams Sky 85 this morning at 11am. 
I think it is brilliant, very professional, not sure who the woman presenter is with Tim, but she is brilliant. 

NZ should look at that show, even if they could get half as good, be far better than NZ presenters offers. 

11 hours ago, SLB2.0 said:

Storm Boy

Bubble burst - when are people going to stop rating Magic Millions form? It very rarely stacks up at the elite level.

Probably saved the new owners a few million. I think the $50m was contingent on it going on to win those two races. Not sure what the sale price will be now. Still looks a nice horse.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Freda said:

Very nice horse indeed.    

Horses aren't machines, and the young ones have all sorts of extra vulnerabilities to boot.

How true is that, some of them are not physically or mentally mature to race as 2yr olds, get tried and then tossed aside as the don't preform, shame really, when time and patience can make the difference, but time is money and classic races are the rage.

• Like 1

On 6/04/2024 at 11:20 AM, Newmarket said:

Amazing meeting is going ahead today after so much rain, really excited with Aus racing today. 

Imperatriz is a brilliant horse, best to come from NZ in many years and proven against the best across the ditch. Match race between I Wish I Win today, for mine not much between them. 
Will be backing I Wish I Win only because track record, I think it will suit better than other, also Jmac over OP any day for me. 

Roughies for multiples, Aft Cabin & Buenos Noches. 

Did I hear right that OP got suspended for ride? 

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Did I hear right that OP got suspended for ride? 

Mazu, which lost its rightful running and was checked. O. Bosson’s licence to ride in
races was suspended for a period to commence on Sunday 14 April 2024 and to expire
on Friday 26 April 2024, on which day he may ride. A post-race veterinary examination
did not reveal any abnormalities.

Race 7: O. Bosson (Imperatriz) 14/4/2024 to 26/4/2024 –
careless riding shifting out (AR131(a)).

Edited by curious
  • Like 1