Bit Of A Yarn

Where are the option numbers???

Brodie

The new TAB web site has all these betting options available!

You can bet on account but it appears that you can not at the Agencies or Pubtabs???

No option no’s given by the look of it and also you can not get a bet on apart from account.

The fixed odds are out for Addington tomorrow but they are not available at Pubtabs for some reason?

Is this what Entain/TAB have in store for punters now??

This is looking more like a dumb decision to have sold the TAB to Entain!

Watch this space, they are bringing in all these changes for one reason and that is not for the betterment of the punter nor industry.

Time to stop licking and open your eyes to what has happened by selling out! 

Edited by Brodie

21 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

@Brodie get on the in-RIP multis.  You'll make a come back.

How much will they let me win?

$50?
How is anyone now able to bet at pubtabs thru a seller without an OPTION NO.???

Where are the option no.s?

Not available to bet fixed odds at Pubtabs as not showing on screen, and yet you can on your account?

Going to be very interesting I would say as to what is going down!

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

How much will they let me win?

$50?
How is anyone now able to bet at pubtabs thru a seller without an OPTION NO.???

Where are the option no.s?

Not available to bet fixed odds at Pubtabs as not showing on screen, and yet you can on your account?

Going to be very interesting I would say as to what is going down!

So you reckon pub tabs going? Not so sure, still many people bet with them and many deposit into accounts, I do sometimes. 
I might have to do it more as looks like my Kiwibank Debit Visa card has vanished, mmmm

Not sure what is going on Newmarket?

Fixed odds available on TAB web site and you will be able to bet on account so they can monitor all bets.

Pub tabs have fixed odds up for Ruakaka gallops tomorrow but not for Addington?

There are no option no.s up on web site or I can not see them on there, so how do you bet at agency thru the sellers on fixed?

Maybe it is a glitch but I would not be surprised if they are starting to phase out fixed odds on harness at agencies and Pub tabs!

it is blatantly obvious that the NZ TAB is going to operated out of Australia and staff in NZ will be culled.

Some think Entain are the White Knight for racing, but from where I am sitting I wouldnt be holding my breath!

They want everyone betting on account, they want total control and without the need for staff.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Not sure what is going on Newmarket?

Fixed odds available on TAB web site and you will be able to bet on account so they can monitor all bets.

Pub tabs have fixed odds up for Ruakaka gallops tomorrow but not for Addington?

There are no option no.s up on web site or I can not see them on there, so how do you bet at agency thru the sellers on fixed?

Maybe it is a glitch but I would not be surprised if they are starting to phase out fixed odds on harness at agencies and Pub tabs!

it is blatantly obvious that the NZ TAB is going to operated out of Australia and staff in NZ will be culled.

Some think Entain are the White Knight for racing, but from where I am sitting I wouldnt be holding my breath!

They want everyone betting on account, they want total control and without the need for staff.

I suppose most would bet on account nowadays, but what will happen with oncourse punters? 

You watch, those that don’t bet for awhile will get some free bonus cash / bets to play with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I suppose most would bet on account nowadays, but what will happen with oncourse punters? 

You watch, those that don’t bet for awhile will get some free bonus cash / bets to play with. 

Most would bet on account for convenience, but it gives TAB the total control it wants.

They dont care about gallop punters but the harness punters are better punters, and therefore are treated differently.

Things are not going to improve for harness punters, despite people saying that the CEO Dean Shannon is all for harness!

Maybe it is just a glitch with things with Addington tomorrow, but from what I have seen I doubt it!

Hopefully I am totally wrong about them!🤔

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

The new TAB web site has all these betting options available!

You can bet on account but it appears that you can not at the Agencies or Pubtabs???

No option no’s given by the look of it and also you can not get a bet on apart from account.

The fixed odds are out for Addington tomorrow but they are not available at Pubtabs for some reason?

Is this what Entain/TAB have in store for punters now??

This is looking more like a dumb decision to have sold the TAB to Entain!

Watch this space, they are bringing in all these changes for one reason and that is not for the betterment of the punter nor industry.

Time to stop licking and open your eyes to what has happened by selling out! 

can't find them either.

Does that mean you can no longer have a fixed odds bet on course either. do they have a  plan is to close all the tab outlets that serve people and replace them with those awful machines, and get rid of  the punters who go to them because they like a person  serving them ,like i do.

Say you were at addington and wanted to have a fixed odds bet at auckland,how would you know what the jetbet is?If you wanted to have a bet at the meeting you were attending do you rely on the person serving you or do they intend to no longer have tellers at the races and just want people using those machines that the inexperienced punter takes 5 minutes to put one bet on.Is that one of their plans. 

they also  seem to have lots of meetings with no trackside coverage and no jetbet numbers on,in their system. For today they are always coming up in the nest 3 races to go.  Whats the point of having them from all over the world,and why if no one can bet on them at a tab outlet..

some of the changes are good,but some seem stupid.

Can people see the times for the races on their phones? My phone screen not showing when races start unless within 2 hours. If i was working out my bets for the day and wanted to plan so as to get them on in time,i can't seem to tell if im using my phone. Maybe its because phone screens are too small? I don't know,but thats how i often plan my day. Work out the time a race starts and plan to be home in time to put a bet on. Thats strange.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

I don't know,but thats how i often plan my day. Work out the time a race starts and plan to be home in time to put a bet on. Thats strange.

i actually meant so i can plan to get to the tab with the teller in time, as i don't have an account.Now i can't use the tab app to work that out.

Edited by the galah

16 minutes ago, the galah said:

can't find them either.

Does that mean you can no longer have a fixed odds bet on course either. do they have a  plan is to close all the tab outlets that serve people and replace them with those awful machines, and get rid of  the punters who go to them because they like a person  serving them ,like i do.

Say you were at addington and wanted to have a fixed odds bet at auckland,how would you know what the jetbet is?If you wanted to have a bet at the meeting you were attending do you rely on the person serving you or do they intend to no longer have tellers at the races and just want people using those machines that the inexperienced punter takes 5 minutes to put one bet on.Is that one of their plans. 

they also  seem to have lots of meetings with no trackside coverage and no jetbet numbers on,in their system. For today they are always coming up in the nest 3 races to go.  Whats the point of having them from all over the world,and why if no one can bet on them at a tab outlet..

Can people see the times for the races on their phones? My phone screen not showing when races start unless within 2 hours. If i was working out my bets for the day and wanted to plan so as to get them on in time,i can't seem to tell if im using my phone. Maybe its because phone screens are too small? I don't know,but thats how i often plan my day. Work out the time a race starts and plan to be home in time to put a bet on. Thats strange.

No PDF fields loaded for tomorrow, me thinks they need some fine tuning quickly

32 minutes ago, the galah said:

can't find them either.

The fixed odds are not available at either sellers or self service at pub tabs!

Available on account only at this stage.

Things are not looking great for punters of harness and the industry going forward!

I had only one account for TAB withdrawals, Kiwibank. 
Popped into withdrawals, and this appears, makes no sense at all. 
Looks like kiwibank no more,I will need to deposit in machines, that will slow down my gambling😋

1 minute ago, Newmarket said:

Used to be able to print pdf fields

they won’t want anyone doing that?

they have done away with commentary of the horses latest starts

Entain only want punters who are betting blind that is why they are changing things dramatically

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I had only one account for TAB withdrawals, Kiwibank. 
Popped into withdrawals, and this appears, makes no sense at all. 
Looks like kiwibank no more,I will need to deposit in machines, that will slow down my gambling😋

I believe that they want  to slow down harness punters as they dont want the serious punters.

Reality is going to hit home that Entain wanted total control of the Sports  wagering, the extra money guaranteed

to racing is a drop in the bucket for them and it was what the industry was sucked into!

Who gives anyone control of anything for 25 years, except marriage?

Think it was 2 years that they guaranteed jobs in NZ, if you work in Wellington you should be thinking about retraining.

The intention all along has been to operate NZ wagering out of Ozzie, you can see that by the changes being made now.

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

I believe that they want  to slow down harness punters as they dont want the serious punters.

Reality is going to hit home that Entain wanted total control of the Sports  wagering, the extra money guaranteed

to racing is a drop in the bucket for them and it was what the industry was sucked into!

Who gives anyone control of anything for 25 years, except marriage?

Think it was 2 years that they guaranteed jobs in NZ, if you work in Wellington you should be thinking about retraining.

The intention all along has been to operate NZ wagering out of Ozzie, you can see that by the changes being made now.

Do I sense you are not happy Brods.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Muzza said:

Do I sense you are not happy Brods.

Muzza, like to point out wrong doings!

Muzza, are you really happy to accept bullying?

They should never have ever signed away the TAB to anyone for 25 years and given control on the basis that money was going to be gifted, and this crazy decision is going to haunt NZ racing for ever!

We can clearly see that everything will be run from Ozzie, the new betting website info is now being produced by Australia.

There will be no need for employees in NZ!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Muzza, like to point out wrong doings!

Muzza, are you really happy to accept bullying?

They should never have ever signed away the TAB to anyone for 25 years and given control on the basis that money was going to be gifted, and this crazy decision is going to haunt NZ racing for ever!

We can clearly see that everything will be run from Ozzie, the new betting website info is now being produced by Australia.

There will be no need for employees in NZ!

Brodie I certainly abhor corporate bullying. Like you I fear we will lose total control of N. Z. Racing (all codes). Gonna be a huge shambles when Entain pull away from deals in a few years time.

• Champ Post 1