Bit Of A Yarn

Couldn't resist this Gem.

Walt

4 hours ago, Walt said:

Was strolling around the Nelson market and copped this. Very happy to pay $10 and hide my bills in it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.22afd2b4a4f56f25f0c8b8e8bf2d2612.jpeg

Ah the old aulsebrook biscuit tin, that's a nice one, one time they were used to stash your loot, some buried in mysterious places.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Shad said:

Ah the old aulsebrook biscuit tin, that's a nice one, one time they were used to stash your loot, some buried in mysterious places.

The late Aulsebrooks pay clerk Phil Brown may have had a tidy collection.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

The late Aulsebrooks pay clerk Phil Brown may have had a tidy collection.

Phil Brown at work, almost certainly before the $20000 (a NZ record at the time) Christmas Payroll Armed Robbery in 1969.

Phil Brown.png

• Like 2

I'd imagine a tin like the Cardy one was for a Christmas type treat? I think Aulsebrooks went tits up in the early 80's. It's mostly all Griffins and Arnott's now.

Very cool to see kiwi's paying respect to the great Cardy who did so much to put NZ on the map. The buying of NZ harness horses by yanks took off as did the breeding industry benefit. 

Pity the ATC couldn't pay Cardy the same respect. Dug him up for a carpark

14 hours ago, Shad said:

may have to get the metal detector out around your back garden Shad :) 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bought out by Arnott's.

Did you play with these at work smoko's?

image.png

I remember those well..They tasted pretty average....but me thinks you've just opened up a window into your soul Chief. I remember eating them while you apparently were playing with them :) 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Walt said:

may have to get the metal detector out around your back garden Shad :) 

Yep, hopefully I remember where they are, the aulsebrook tin didn't lasted longer than the griffins ones,mind you seems like cash on the way out, not king as they used to say, some banks not even excepting it thes days, crazy, remined me of a friend that got s 100$ tattoo on his doodle,  asked why, he said he could play with his money, also keep it in hand,  and didn't mind his wife blowing a hundred dollars everyday.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Shad said:

Yep, hopefully I remember where they are, the aulsebrook tin didn't lasted longer than the griffins ones,mind you seems like cash on the way out, not king as they used to say, some banks not even excepting it thes days, crazy, remined me of a friend that got s 100$ tattoo on his doodle,  asked why, he said he could play with his money, also keep it in hand,  and didn't mind his wife blowing a hundred dollars everyday.

haha...I will have to steal that one Shad :) 

• Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Walt said:

haha...I will have to steal that one Shad :) 

An oldie but a goodie, feel free to use, apologies to anyone it may offended thought long and hard about posting it,

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Shad said:

An oldie but a goodie, feel free to use, apologies to anyone it may offended thought long and hard about posting it,

I sense posting that was a hard one Shad but once you let it go there was considerable relief that it was well received. 

As for offended people. We live in a time where just calling a man Sir, Mr, he or him will offend the perpetually offended. When that occurs it's a bonus :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep strange old world we live in walt, things certainly not like they used to be, one must be careful, reminded me of the baby buffaloe who said to his dad, are you gay dad, his reply was no I'm bi son.

• Haha 2

So much craziness now that we shouldnt have to put up with!

When I was younger, there was Male, Female and Gay!!!!!

Now apparently apparently, Apart from Male and Female, believe it or not according to Mr Google there  are another 72, thats right, 72 other genders nowadays FFS!!!!

Google it, it will crack you up, excuse the pun!!!

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

So much craziness now that we shouldnt have to put up with!

When I was younger, there was Male, Female and Gay!!!!!

Now apparently apparently, Apart from Male and Female, believe it or not according to Mr Google there  are another 72, thats right, 72 other genders nowadays FFS!!!!

Google it, it will crack you up, excuse the pun!!!

We live in crazy times that's for sure.

From a personal perspective I have no issue whatsoever with people out there that are in same sex relationships. I would strongly resent someone telling me how and who I should be intimate with so that needs to be a two way street. We have two shirt lifters in our circle. Both very intelligent guys with very good sense of humour. I take the piss out of them every time we are all together. They do the same back. Never anything nasty or cutting. There is no attempts at educating anyone about the way they live. Interestingly, the only group they ever talk negatively about are the trans weirdo's out there. Those basket cases demand tolerance to the point of unconditional acceptance of every half baked concept they put forward. These people are the epitome of intolerance and light years away from your average "Gay" person. Our "Gay" friends have been very patient while the world slowly accepted them as equals to heterosexuals'. That progress is now being undone by the trans weirdo's demanding with complete intolerance that you accept unconditionally their bullshit. Gay and Trans are worlds apart but in many eyes are now being lumped together.

Then you have women. They have fought hard over many decades to be treated with respect in all areas of life. They've had success but it's taken many years with great sacrifice from the days of Emily Davison right up until today. Now you have trans men hijacking their space and forcing the world to accept it. It's become so farcical the enablers have awarded a biological man the award of "Women of the year"...what a complete insult. You have men winning female beauty pageants. You have men in sports destroying the careers of women and removing the names of women from the sporting achievement record books. 

Then you have the lesbians out there. A percentage of these ladies dislike men yet men are now taking their space in a manner that is not welcomed. 

The militant way trans men demand and bully for total acceptance should never be the way forward for any group. They are even demanding our normal is changed to their their normal right down to the way we refer to people as he / she / him / her. It's far king ridiculous. These nut jobs love getting in your face and often treat people not like them with hatred and contempt. The irony there not lost on many.  

The way our world has always evolved results in rational discussion where things that makes sense and work effectively are embraced. Those that don't make sense are rejected and discarded. It's a great system that has always worked well. The trans weirdo's hate that system and have replaced it with their own completely intolerant system where you must accept them while they reject you. There is no productive discussions. It's their way or the highway. 

As an aside. Do you think the owners of a horse would have the name "Mighty Gay" accepted now :) 

Would the Flintstones be allowed to have a theme song about having a "Gay old time"? 

We have to laugh at all this bullshit but that's not so easy at times. Can you imagine what future generations will say about this era. I imagine one common question will be "why didn't they stamp out the madness?" 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Walt said:

From a personal perspective I have no issue whatsoever with people out there that are in same sex relationships. I would strongly resent someone telling me how and who I should be intimate with so that needs to be a two way street. We have two shirt lifters in our circle. Both very intelligent guys with very good sense of humour. I take the piss out of them every time we are all together. They do the same back. Never anything nasty or cutting. There is no attempts at educating anyone about the way they live. Interestingly, the only group they ever talk negatively about are the trans weirdo's out there. Those basket cases demand tolerance to the point of unconditional acceptance of every half baked concept they put forward. These people are the epitome of intolerance and light years away from your average "Gay" person. Our "Gay" friends have been very patient while the world slowly accepted them as equals to heterosexuals'. That progress is now being undone by the trans weirdo's demanding with complete intolerance that you accept unconditionally their bullshit. Gay and Trans are worlds apart but in many eyes are now being lumped together.

Then you have women. They have fought hard over many decades to be treated with respect in all areas of life. They've had success but it's taken many years with great sacrifice from the days of Emily Davison right up until today. Now you have trans men hijacking their space and forcing the world to accept it. It's become so farcical the enablers have awarded a biological man the award of "Women of the year"...what a complete insult. You have men winning female beauty pageants. You have men in sports destroying the careers of women and removing the names of women from the sporting achievement record books. 

Then you have the lesbians out there. A percentage of these ladies dislike men yet men are now taking their space in a manner that is not welcomed. 

The militant way trans men demand and bully for total acceptance should never be the way forward for any group. They are even demanding our normal is changed to their their normal right down to the way we refer to people as he / she / him / her. It's far king ridiculous. These nut jobs love getting in your face and often treat people not like them with hatred and contempt. The irony there not lost on many.  

The way our world has always evolved results in rational discussion where things that makes sense and work effectively are embraced. Those that don't make sense are rejected and discarded. It's a great system that has always worked well. The trans weirdo's hate that system and have replaced it with their own completely intolerant system where you must accept them while they reject you. There is no productive discussions. It's their way or the highway. 

As an aside. Do you think the owners of a horse would have the name "Mighty Gay" accepted now :) 

Would the Flintstones be allowed to have a theme song about having a "Gay old time"? 

We have to laugh at all this bullshit but that's not so easy at times. Can you imagine what future generations will say about this era. I imagine one common question will be "why didn't they stamp out the madness?" 

Did you google to see what the other 72 sexual genders are?

Hilarious but many are just sick!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Did you google to see what the other 72 sexual genders are?

Hilarious but many are just sick!

That's an interesting number Brodie. I wonder who's arse they plucked that number out of. 

Maybe they are saying there are 70 stages of madness or they got it from the same place the camel jockeys got the number of virgins waiting for them in paradise after they've turned themselves into flying mince 

image.thumb.jpeg.e382ee7488cd02f40bec0e5c4efc1bea.jpeg

image.jpeg.a135b93088c5f7a44808f708d7f690fc.jpeg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Walt said:

The whole transgender and gender diverse thing i think is a very complicated subject and just one of those things where we need to look beyond the vocal minority of them,the morally bankrupt  media and the woke politicians who often promote the issue based on what they themselves have to gain.

Its a subject i found interesting and read a lot about about 5 years ago when you could see it coming and i think you just have to follow the data gathered from countless studies and you simply can't ignore that there is a direct linkbetween  the majority of trans/gender diverse people and mental health issues.

Thats not to put everyone of them in the same boat as there are many genuine people out there who are actually happier and genuinely transgender.So those people have done whats right for themselves.

For example in 2022  a USA government department did a study which found 82% of people identifying as aforemnetioned,had considered killing themselves and 40% had actually attempted suicide. The rate being higher in youth. Then last year another study found 42% had attenpted suicide and 56% had engaged in non suicidal/self injury behavior and again 82% had accessed mental health care..

It also found non binary people were 4 times more likely to have drug and alcohol problems thans trans peoplle.

To me it makes sense to think the surge in numbers is also linked  to social media and peer groups. Youth feeling emotional and mental health distress often looking for a reason and being pushed in the direction of gender diverse or trans and parents,often well meaningl but also sometimes taking the easy choice  and being ignorant of  the real mental health issues there child has.

every time i see someone pushing the issue to the forefront,whether it be politicians,media or the vocal supporters who want to ram there message down our throats,i think what does someone who is genuinely transgender and who is seeing themselves represented by these groups,actually think about how they are being portrayed and what are thoses groups actually doing that can make a difference to those amongst them who have mantal health issues.

But its just another issue which leads us to believe the leaders of the westen world are creating populations who  will never be as happy and contented  as previous generations. And its all man made which is why its rather sad.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Walt said:

That's an interesting number Brodie. I wonder who's arse they plucked that number out of. 

Maybe they are saying there are 70 stages of madness or they got it from the same place the camel jockeys got the number of virgins waiting for them in paradise after they've turned themselves into flying mince 

image.thumb.jpeg.e382ee7488cd02f40bec0e5c4efc1bea.jpeg

image.jpeg.a135b93088c5f7a44808f708d7f690fc.jpeg

If you google how many genders are there, MedicineNet says another 72 and has the list of them!

Very very enlightening!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

If you google how many genders are there, MedicineNet says another 72 and has the list of them!

Very very enlightening!

just did and a bit strange to read stufff like that isn't it.

Only 2 of the 72 start with a letter that comes after H.

Healgender-a gender identity that gives the person peace ,calm and positivity.

I wish.

• Haha 1