Bit Of A Yarn

Te Akau Shark

hesi

3 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

I like Matt Cross as a caller, he's fantastic, but as a presenter he is no better than the rest of them, and that isn't saying much.

He is easily the best of the young brigade,  IMO ...articulate, sincere and credible, not overly egocentric, a good continuity man and an excellent racecaller. How long before overseas calls him awa'

20 hours ago, Thomass said:

Every Government has small issues...the Knats were constantly under them

They decided not to make decisions though..sat on their hands...Let the market rule

...too scared of big business...laissez faire...

...and totally ignored INFRUSTRUCTURE ...

...and now the thick Knats decided to have a leader who's totally hopeless

Remember, NZ voters are very unsophisticated and vote on image...

Cindy comes across perfectly...3 more years for sure

Great so you've managed to hijack another racing thread with bloody politics again. Just stick to the subject in hand. I think everyone knows you are infatuated with Ardern. Just give it an f'ing rest. It's getting really tedious.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pete said:

Great so you've managed to hijack another racing thread with bloody politics again. Just stick to the subject in hand. I think everyone knows you are infatuated with Ardern. Just give it an f'ing rest. It's getting really tedious.

Actually you changed the whole thread when you made an attack on Blinker wearers...

...call me Magoo..but methinks he's going ok without them at the mo...

If you want to keep threads on topic don't make thread changing wanky comments...

Stick to selling lotto tickets 

The joke is on you as always.

You've got a bloody cheek telling anyone off for changing the tone of threads and, anyway, how do you know I wasn't serious?

My comment had a hell of a lot more to do with the topic than yours did - that's for certain.

Keep making as many comments you like - all you do is confirm your lack of intelligence to anyone who has the intestinal fortitude to actually bother reading them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Actually you changed the whole thread when you made an attack on Blinker wearers...

...call me Magoo..but methinks he's going ok without them at the mo...

If you want to keep threads on topic don't make thread changing wanky comments...

Stick to selling lotto tickets 

Actually Magoo is a great name for you. Blind as a bat. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pete said:

The joke is on you as always.

You've got a bloody cheek telling anyone off for changing the tone of threads and, anyway, how do you know I wasn't serious?

My comment had a hell of a lot more to do with the topic than yours did - that's for certain.

Keep making as many comments you like - all you do is confirm your lack of intelligence to anyone who has the intestinal fortitude to actually bother reading them.

Of course you weren't serious

Only a Magoo couldn't see he ran as straight as a dinky di...dingo

Theres was no behavioural issues whatsoever...

Maybe they'll do a Brave Smash type application when they get over there

If they want him on the chewey...and handy 

On 15/11/2018 at 10:38 AM, Thomass said:

Brilliant idea...I think you'll find the shrew attacked moi unmercifully and unnecessarily first though...

Racing needs stories like The Shark..too true...

Im hoping he'll kill the Oz pretenders as well...but it's been done to death before

Were hopeless when it comes to sprinter milers these days....

Especially alarming when youngsters like Matt Cross said

"can't wait until he races Winx"

ffs

I think matt was more meaning winx is a miler and so is the shark so they both should race in Sydney in the autumn and might clash in a race.....well that was my take on it anyway

8 minutes ago, Mel minute said:

I think matt was more meaning winx is a miler and so is the shark so they both should race in Sydney in the autumn and might clash in a race.....well that was my take on it anyway

Yep too true...but wasn't there just a bit of "he'll give her a run for her money" about it in his intonation?

This is one serious race horse

I for one hope the connections stick solid and TAS remains trained out of NZ

TAS is currently 4th favourite for the 2019 Cox Plate that’s telling you something and there’s big question marks on the 3 in front of him lining up for the 2019 Plate which means he could be the favourite for the Plate in 9- 10 months 

Imagine if the 3 in front of him in the betting all lined up for the 2019 Cox Plate

1] Winx

2] Enable

3] The Autumn Sun 

4] Te Akau Shark

OMG wow wow wow

On 18/11/2018 at 9:13 AM, VC! said:

This is one serious race horse

I for one hope the connections stick solid and TAS remains trained out of NZ

TAS is currently 4th favourite for the 2019 Cox Plate that’s telling you something and there’s big question marks on the 3 in front of him lining up for the 2019 Plate which means he could be the favourite for the Plate in 9- 10 months 

Imagine if the 3 in front of him in the betting all lined up for the 2019 Cox Plate

1] Winx

2] Enable

3] The Autumn Sun 

4] Te Akau Shark

OMG wow wow wow

Oh please...I admire your support of this horse (do you have a share in him?)  but let’s see if he can measure up in the big smoke. To date this stable hasn’t actually fired any live ammunition over there with the lastest lot of hyped offerings.....although their social media machine works overtime spinning out Reems of info...

Love Rip Van Winkle and would love to see him get a superstar... but please you are all placing too much pressure on a lightly raced animal. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MaltedMilkshake said:

Oh please...I admire your support of this horse (do you have a share in him?)  but let’s see if he can measure up in the big smoke. To date this stable hasn’t actually fired any live ammunition over there with the lastest lot of hyped offerings.....although their social media machine works overtime spinning out Reems of info...

Love Rip Van Winkle and would love to see him get a superstar... but please you are all placing too much pressure on a lightly raced animal. 

Lol no I don’t have a share

Bookmakers set the books not me they have him on the 4th line of betting

No ones placing any pressure on the horse

Cross Counter just won the Melbourne Cup after 7 starts

How many starts did So You Think have before it won the Cox Plate

The Cox Plate is 11 months away

Do you have a problem with the Stable??

You can only beat what’s in front of you