Bit Of A Yarn

Stipes call will be Interesting....

Feel The Fritter

11 hours ago, Feel The Fritter said:

Mr. Austin, Stipe of the day has ruled        DE BLONDE (4) - jostled in the early stages -jostled again in to the bend when attempting to angle outwards appeared to angle outwards in the run to the line .

the failed jockey at it again!!!! cant read a race at all.

But hey I better not call him a failed jockey again and hurt his feelings as last time I did that he found out where I worked and complained to my boss who called me in and we had a big laugh about it.

I like Mike Austin Jason, in my eyes, he is one of the better ones. I always found him pleasant to deal with, and always professional. I can forgive his inability to read a race, as he makes up for it in other departments. He is not alone in reading races, but coming with a background in racing, he is light years ahead of the retired ex cops and grocers that currently dominate the Stipe ranks. Just my opinion Jason.

• 1 month later...

So the red hot favourite in race 11 today at Addington (#7) misses the jump by a mile.

After missing the jump so badly (which is odd in itself) the dog angles down towards the rail & runs straight in to it, behind the rest of the field and totally free of any interference.

Wouldn't actions such as these maybe raise just a bit of suspicion & warrant a swab being taken?

It's acted in the way I'd expect a drunk dog to run a race....

Don't the Stewards understand there's more money to be made on the punt if the red hotter doesn't win?

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 1

Very odd , looked like it was lying down in the boxes when they opened then runs into the rail .

If the stipe was on the ball they would have taken blood and urine .

I hear there was another race at Addington a couple weeks ago where the dog looked like it was drunk running all over the track .

Whats going on at Addington.

Surely  it has got to the stage where something has to be done to improve the R.I.U. and some attrocious decisions being made,  and more importantly the decisions NOT being attended to. The bitch in question with this bizzare performance has  just won the Galaxy, the Dash for cash and  won a race at Waikato in great style amongst others.. Right from the jump in this race something was wrong with this little girl and to run a few metres and crash into the rail totally free of intererence deserves more attention than just a vet check. Urine, blood, and a saliva test and a hair sample should have been ordered. Kennel security cameras should have  already been searched. The R.I.U. special detective should be checking all betting patterns both  here and  Overseas accounts.. What input has the General Manager and the Head Stipe for Greyhounds had in this instance?      This is not the only case of running like a drunk  being noticed lately,    Integrity is the key,  Let's have some please...

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Could it  be  this race on the 29th at Addington ? A stipe Jeff McLaughlin reported this and the dog was never even sent for a vet check and I believe the connections were not even spoken to. I remember as I backed this fella and found his run Completely out of character. 

Race 7 Fox & Ferret @ The Palms Dash - C3 - 295 HI HO TONTO (2) - Slow to begin.Shifted outwards after the start jostling with outside runner .Racing manners warning.
KNOW APPROVAL (4) - Slow to begin.Dictated wider on track when jostled by inside runner.
GOLDSTAR JAY JAY (5) - Hampered soon after the start. Jostled for a distance soon after.Hampered into the turn.
HANDS OF STEEL (6) - Hampered soon after the start.Jostled for a distance soon after.
CALL ME FLO (7) - Hampered soon after the start.
DISOBEDIENCE (8) - Hampered soon after the start.

Cozza clearly yankiwi, arsenic, feel the fritter have all got tunnel vision. It was blatantly obvious what happened she was chasing hard focusing only on the lure when it went round the bend. These same people go on and on about a stipe that can’t read a race well they need to look in the mirror. At least a stipe puts a name to it I guess. 

• Champ Post 1

11 hours ago, Honestly said:

Cozza clearly yankiwi, arsenic, feel the fritter have all got tunnel vision. It was blatantly obvious what happened she was chasing hard focusing only on the lure when it went round the bend. These same people go on and on about a stipe that can’t read a race well they need to look in the mirror. At least a stipe puts a name to it I guess. 

How dare I ask such a question?

Hail to those with blind faith!

I needn't put a name to my post. At a quick look, Godber, Whiterod, Austin, Quirk, Mcintyre, Neal, Grimstone, Kinsey, Cruickshank, & Irving know exactly who I am and they all have my email address, if for some reason they feel my QUESTION is out of line.

Yes, I know that at least some of the names in my list no longer work for the RIU but funnily enough, I'm still where I was when I had correspondences with them. Why are some on the list of INTEGRITY providers no longer with the RIU?  

On 27/12/2018 at 9:41 PM, Yankiwi said:

So the red hot favourite in race 11 today at Addington (#7) misses the jump by a mile.

After missing the jump so badly (which is odd in itself) the dog angles down towards the rail & runs straight in to it, behind the rest of the field and totally free of any interference.

Wouldn't actions such as these maybe raise just a bit of suspicion & warrant a swab being taken?

It's acted in the way I'd expect a drunk dog to run a race....

Don't the Stewards understand there's more money to be made on the punt if the red hotter doesn't win?

Why would the dog run straight into the rail?? You are suggesting it needs a swab taken. Why when you say yourself the dog angels down towards the rail and “runs straight into the rail” clearly it’s chasing the lure that has gone around the bend “. You may still be where you are now but one has to ask what have you achieved. 

• Like 1

I agree that there are some (lots) of issues with the RIU , and that they do need to wake up to a lot of things , i also agree that there would be no harm in a little extra investigative work regarding an issue such as this (swabs etc) , however in saying that I'm also of the opinion that in this instance Sheza Rippa was just turning the bend when the lure/rest of the field did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Girl said:

I agree that there are some (lots) of issues with the RIU , and that they do need to wake up to a lot of things , i also agree that there would be no harm in a little extra investigative work regarding an issue such as this (swabs etc) , however in saying that I'm also of the opinion that in this instance Sheza Rippa was just turning the bend when the lure/rest of the field did. 

Thank you. Someone else that see's a bit of light.

It's clear that the dog has been a top performer for quite some time now. If she went out on the day & broke the track record, more than likely a swab would have been taken. However, on the day that's not what happened. What did happen, to my eyes, is far more suspicious than if she did to go out break the track record! 

Fact - Six swabs were taken from the first eight races.

Why were there no swabs taken from the final four races?

Doesn't her race seem just a bit out of the ordinary, by her exceptionally high standards?

As part of an interview to take on a job with the RIU, is the candidate required to wear blinkers during it?

On 28/12/2018 at 9:42 AM, Feel The Fritter said:

Could it  be  this race on the 29th at Addington ? A stipe Jeff McLaughlin reported this and the dog was never even sent for a vet check and I believe the connections were not even spoken to. I remember as I backed this fella and found his run Completely out of character. 

Race 7 Fox & Ferret @ The Palms Dash - C3 - 295 HI HO TONTO (2) - Slow to begin.Shifted outwards after the start jostling with outside runner .Racing manners warning.
KNOW APPROVAL (4) - Slow to begin.Dictated wider on track when jostled by inside runner.
GOLDSTAR JAY JAY (5) - Hampered soon after the start. Jostled for a distance soon after.Hampered into the turn.
HANDS OF STEEL (6) - Hampered soon after the start.Jostled for a distance soon after.
CALL ME FLO (7) - Hampered soon after the start.
DISOBEDIENCE (8) - Hampered soon after the start.

So the stipe has given the dog a  “ Racing manners warning “  , I’m led to believe there’s no such rule .

But not only that the dog was never vet checked , it seems the trainer was never spoken too regarding its manners .

So who did the stipe inform about the racing manners , not the trainer so I gather must of had a word to the dog .

What kind of people the RIU employ  is beyond belief .

5 hours ago, Arsenic said:

So the stipe has given the dog a  “ Racing manners warning “  , I’m led to believe there’s no such rule .

But not only that the dog was never vet checked , it seems the trainer was never spoken too regarding its manners .

So who did the stipe inform about the racing manners , not the trainer so I gather must of had a word to the dog .

What kind of people the RIU employ  is beyond belief .

There is a rule , read the rule book . 

Honestly..  you are dick...Maybe a topic closer to you and your so called trainer?......    Poor Doug yesterday , he pulled up with a fracture and all that was needed was a strapping and some caring and the problem could have been solved and he could still be alive!!!... While he was being  disposed of T.V.1 comes out with news  that you lot need to get this sorted as at least one a day like poor old Doug are getting killed.. At least one a day Honestly and we know it's more don't we How many went down the Offal Hole today?

Race 9 CONGRATULATIONS FUNNY MUMMY - C2 - 390

CHIEF DOUG (1) - faltered on bend and failed to finish. Assessed by vet and found to have a fractured hock with the dog being euthanised on humane grounds.
SEA FEVER (2) - tightened into bend losing ground. Checked home turn when well back.
ZIPPING JEN (3) - ran inwards into bend tightening inside runner. Checked home turn when well back.
ZEFSIDE (7) - slow to jump. Raced wide into bend and home straight.

MELAN (8) - slow to jump.