Bit Of A Yarn

Stipes call will be Interesting....

Feel The Fritter

1 hour ago, Tounge Up the cheeks said:

Honestly..  you are dick...Maybe a topic closer to you and your so called trainer?......    Poor Doug yesterday , he pulled up with a fracture and all that was needed was a strapping and some caring and the problem could have been solved and he could still be alive!!!... While he was being  disposed of T.V.1 comes out with news  that you lot need to get this sorted as at least one a day like poor old Doug are getting killed.. At least one a day Honestly and we know it's more don't we How many went down the Offal Hole today?

Race 9 CONGRATULATIONS FUNNY MUMMY - C2 - 390

CHIEF DOUG (1) - faltered on bend and failed to finish. Assessed by vet and found to have a fractured hock with the dog being euthanised on humane grounds.
SEA FEVER (2) - tightened into bend losing ground. Checked home turn when well back.
ZIPPING JEN (3) - ran inwards into bend tightening inside runner. Checked home turn when well back.
ZEFSIDE (7) - slow to jump. Raced wide into bend and home straight.

MELAN (8) - slow to jump.

Are you a vet? Were you in the room? Report does not advise how bad fracture was. But hey just strap it up and travel 8 hours home she'll be right!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Arsenic said:

So what’s the rule ,  there’s a rule for marring and a rule for failing to pursue .

So what’s the rule for racing manners

They have the power to say this the stipe did not give a rule number but can put conditions on a greyhound. Been done many times before.

1 hour ago, Tounge Up the cheeks said:

Honestly..  you are dick...Maybe a topic closer to you and your so called trainer?......    Poor Doug yesterday , he pulled up with a fracture and all that was needed was a strapping and some caring and the problem could have been solved and he could still be alive!!!... While he was being  disposed of T.V.1 comes out with news  that you lot need to get this sorted as at least one a day like poor old Doug are getting killed.. At least one a day Honestly and we know it's more don't we How many went down the Offal Hole today?

Race 9 CONGRATULATIONS FUNNY MUMMY - C2 - 390

CHIEF DOUG (1) - faltered on bend and failed to finish. Assessed by vet and found to have a fractured hock with the dog being euthanised on humane grounds.
SEA FEVER (2) - tightened into bend losing ground. Checked home turn when well back.
ZIPPING JEN (3) - ran inwards into bend tightening inside runner. Checked home turn when well back.
ZEFSIDE (7) - slow to jump. Raced wide into bend and home straight.

MELAN (8) - slow to jump.

My so called trainer... do we have a problem there ? I’m not going to go into this on here more bad publicity and you call me a dick, you say some strapping would fix it , I was not there and have not talked to my trainer about this as he was not my dog. Feel for the owner and trainer tho . Clearly you don’t. I have seen a few tho not nice at all and I can tell you a bit of strapping would not fix the problem. You also clearly don’t know it is illegal to transport an injured animal? I will go into more  if your will to meet face to face the ball is in your court .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JasonMc said:

Are you a vet? Were you in the room? Report does not advise how bad fracture was. But hey just strap it up and travel 8 hours home she'll be right!!!!!!

Have you been investigated for assaulting a club official on a race day? Were the police involved? Stewards report did not advise how serious the alleged assault was. But hey just say nothing was proven and wait a couple of year she'll be right!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yankiwi

9 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Have you been investigated for assaulting a club official on a race day? Were the police involved? Stewards report did not advise how serious the alleged assault was. But hey just say nothing was proven and wait a couple of year she'll be right!!!!!!!!

Come on yankiwi this is about the riu not boay members.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Cant win your arguement so try to discredit someone a real winner. Your suggestion that Dave & Jean are anything but honest is IMO very disappointing and down right insulting to them. Dog misses the jump hits rail due to following lure but no that cant be the reason some punting rort and dog should be swabbed and trainer investigated. 

You just a keyboard warrior would like to see you actually say these allegations straight to Daves face  

5 hours ago, Arsenic said:

Just have to say in defence of yankiwi where dos it say in this thread that the trainer should be investigated , I haven’t seen that .

The dog was mentioned but nothing about the trainer

When talking about money to be made when hot favorites dont win and wanting every type of swab under the sun preformed does that not suggest trainer has done something to dog which would in turn means trainer be investigated???? But hey defend Yankiwi if you see fit

1 hour ago, JasonMc said:

When talking about money to be made when hot favorites dont win and wanting every type of swab under the sun preformed does that not suggest trainer has done something to dog which would in turn means trainer be investigated???? But hey defend Yankiwi if you see fit

It's unprofessional that nothing was done about the dog. It has nothing to do with the trainer at all. If this was in Australia, the dog would have been blooded and pissed swabbed. All they are asking is why no questions were asked which is more than fair

• Like 3

So your  “surmising “ that because something unusual happens in a race to a dog that we’re all talking about the trainer ,  get real it’s nothing about the trainer this is actually about the actions of the dog  and the lack of action from the RIU to look into the possibility of something going on at Addington that should be looked into.

God would hate to see you on dury duty on a murder trial , it doesn’t work on summation it’s about fact.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JasonMc said:

Your suggestion that Dave & Jean are anything but honest is IMO very disappointing and down right insulting to them. 

I’ve looked at it again JasonMc  and to be perfectly honest your the only one who has mentioned the trainers name , so can I surmise that because your the only one to mention them then I could surmise that there may be guilt there in your mind .

This has absolutely nothing to do with the trainer , it’s about it’s performance or lack of by the dog and the nonchalant attitude of the Stipendary Stewards on the night 

3 hours ago, BitofaLegend said:

It's unprofessional that nothing was done about the dog. It has nothing to do with the trainer at all. If this was in Australia, the dog would have been blooded and pissed swabbed. All they are asking is why no questions were asked which is more than fair

Spot on.

Several things happened in the race that were very far from ordinary.

The red hot favourite took a nap in the boxes. When she finally left the boxes she ran into the rail free of interference. On the tote, a $18.30 won the race in a C5 event.

General rule of thumb is that any dog paying $10 or more gets swabbed. No swab was taken from any dog in the race or from any of the last 4 races on the night for that matter.

IMHO, this race suggests the real possibility of the RIU being involved in race (match) fixing. It would make a good place to start in the greyhound code for the INCA investigators to run their magnifying glass over.

Edited by Yankiwi

42 minutes ago, Arsenic said:

I’ve looked at it again JasonMc  and to be perfectly honest your the only one who has mentioned the trainers name , so can I surmise that because your the only one to mention them then I could surmise that there may be guilt there in your mind .

This has absolutely nothing to do with the trainer , it’s about it’s performance or lack of by the dog and the nonchalant attitude of the Stipendary Stewards on the night 

Dont trying twisting words clown. No guilt there in my mind. Obviously i misread the punting discussion thinking they were talking about the trainers. I just confused about the thread all together dogs miss the jump every day as they can have off days and to suggest need swabs taken off each of them and also punting rorts seems silly  IMO

33 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Spot on.

Several things happened in the race that were very far from ordinary.

The red hot favourite took a nap in the boxes. When she finally left the boxes she ran into the rail free of interference. On the tote, a $18.30 won the race in a C5 event.

General rule of thumb is that any dog paying $10 or more gets swabbed. No swab was taken from any dog in the race or from any of the last 4 races on the night for that matter.

IMHO, this race suggests the real possibility of the RIU being involved in race (match) fixing. It would make a good place to start in the greyhound code for the INCA investigators to run their magnifying glass over.

OMG can i have some of whatever you are taking as must be a fun place in your head. RiU fixing races. So did stipe dog whisper and tell she's a ripper to stay in boxes and then tell the other 7 dogs which one should win !!!!! 

21 minutes ago, JasonMc said:

Dont trying twisting words clown. No guilt there in my mind. Obviously i misread the punting discussion thinking they were talking about the trainers.

You really are pathetic , you obviously read these threads how you want to see it in your mind .  Do something constructive and join Jenny Craig .

Dont call me a clown 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, JasonMc said:

OMG can i have some of whatever you are taking as must be a fun place in your head. RiU fixing races. So did stipe dog whisper and tell she's a ripper to stay in boxes and then tell the other 7 dogs which one should win !!!!! 

Jason, are you of the opinion that within the Greyhound  structure and  the chain of command of the R.I.U. there is no possible chance of Corrupt practises.? Jenny Craig or the R.I.U. would welcome you with open arms, give them a call perhaps...:) 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cichlid said:

Jason, are you of the opinion that within the Greyhound  structure and  the chain of command of the R.I.U. there is no possible chance of Corrupt practises.? Jenny Craig or the R.I.U. would welcome you with open arms, give them a call perhaps...:) 

Im not saying its not possible but the chances are slim, in dogs there are  no jockeys no drivers so fixing a race is very hard to do.

My point was the race in question would be impossible to fix merely by a dog missing the jump as still 7 winning chances

Edited by JasonMc

36 minutes ago, JasonMc said:

Im not saying its not possible but the chances are slim, in dogs there are  no jockeys no drivers so fixing a race is very hard to do.

My point was the race in question would be impossible to fix merely by a dog missing the jump as still 7 winning chances

If you knew for sure the red hot favourite is not going to win, then making money is very easy.

I don't know what the fixed odds were on the race, so I'll use the closing tote odds for this example...

image.png.1e506480ba30fcbf2940749e2a16edbb.png

$10K on 4 to win grosses $52,000

$5K on 1 to win grosses $47,500

$4K on 5 to win grosses $47,600

$3K on 6 to win grosses $47,700

$2.5K on 3 to win grosses $45,750

$2K on 8 to win grosses $44,000

$1.5K on 2 to win grosses $39,600

Bet them all

Total investment = $28,000

Minimum return = $ 39,600

A nice minimum $11,600 profit because you knew the red hotter wasn't going to win.

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, Arsenic said:

Can someone put up the race where the dog looked like it was drunk , Im of the belief the stipe gave the dog a warning to improve its racing manners .

Is the other race in question?

There's a big difference between a dog wanting out from an inside draw & a dog missing the jump & running into the rail!

An even bigger difference, is this dog is noted as:

"HI HO TONTO (2) - Slow to begin.Shifted outwards after the start jostling with outside runner .Racing manners warning."

As for racing manners warning, what ever that is, the only thing in a Stewards hands to do according to the rule book, is declare it an unsatisfactory performance & require the dog to undergo a satisfactory trail.

The potential revenue producing missed jump didn't even receive a second look from the Steward. Why's that?

Apparently neither of these races reached the warped criteria for an unsatisfactory performance to be invoked. The Steward on both days was happy with runs.

Everyone should jot down these two examples for future reference, in case one of their charges has a similar incident. As they say, presidents have now been set.

18 minutes ago, Honestly said:

Bugger me yankiwi you are right I just had a look at the race again your a smart man there was well over $28 k in the win pool in that race. and I’m lead to believe some clever person walked away with $47,750 they tell me they got the first 4 and the tri to boot . 

A narrow minded person would read what they wanted from my post & ignore the fact that I stated fixed odds information was no longer available so I used tote odds as an example.

But never mind, obviously your faculties are far superior to the ones I possess, so instead I'll try explaining my case to the rubber band sitting on my bench.

Edited by Yankiwi