Bit Of A Yarn

Calendar Innovation Project

That’s a bit sad really NZ punters spend 0.40 B on NZ racing yet spend 0.51 B on Aus racing

Thats probably a reflection on Australia having more meetings 

I myself would like to see an Australasian TAB where all TAB’s merged into one if the pools were bigger some of the bigger punters would be able to invest knowing their bet wouldn’t be destroyed 

The majority of punters I know bet on Betfair on UK racing they don’t bet on NZ or Australian racing because they can’t get set

• Like 1

One question for NZTR...where are all the quality horses coming from?   With the ever decreasing decline in the foal crop and the propensity of trainers, owners and agents to export everything that walks and talks....where are the horses coming from?

thats the first area that must be addressed,

I said 4 years ago there wouldn’t be enough horses bred to sustain a local racing industry...

• Like 1

Good report.

At no cost I will give you some innovative ideas

Return trackside to free to air (an absolute must - item 1 page 1)

No entry charge to go on course

Saturday racing starts 1.30 pm and last race of 9 at 5.30pm

Return Derby Day to Boxing Day

For summer allow on course picnic venues complete with BYO

Forget about twilight racing

Send a team to any Australian venue and see how to provide edible food on course - hot dog and chips remains in the 70s

Have on course patrons jackpots over 5 races

Stop the slaughter of over priced alcohol on course

Reward people who go on course regularly a form of "flybuys" they can cash in for drinks and food

I could add 20 more but another day maybe

Edited by Turny
  • Like 2

Let's wait for Thomas to return from the Farm Tonite I am sure he will educate us all after bragging about another boringly successful weekend on the punt - Love the site when Thomas on the Farm no BS posts to read and ignore

Edited by Turny

1 hour ago, Turny said:

Good report.

At no cost I will give you some innovative ideas

Return trackside to free to air (an absolute must - item 1 page 1)

No entry charge to go on course

Saturday racing starts 1.30 pm and last race of 9 at 5.30pm

Return Derby Day to Boxing Day

For summer allow on course picnic venues complete with BYO

Forget about twilight racing

Send a team to any Australian venue and see how to provide edible food on course - hot dog and chips remains in the 70s

Have on course patrons jackpots over 5 races

Stop the slaughter of over priced alcohol on course

Reward people who go on course regularly a form of "flybuys" they can cash in for drinks and food

I could add 20 more but another day maybe

Think BYO is a bit beyond there control but agree with your points. One of my frustrations is the time between races when your on course and lack of anything at all happening. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turny said:

Let's wait for Thomas to return from the Farm Tonite I am sure he will educate us all after bragging about another boringly successful weekend on the punt - Love the site when Thomas on the Farm no BS posts to read and ignore

Got to agree, the intelligence of the site skyrockets over the weekend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, curious said:

And what about de Lore's article in this week's Informant ... "If the Messara report is adopted, which it must be for racing's survival ..." ????

Is de Lore completely thick? That article says "Going to the NZTR website to find out how the Members' Council operates and how they are selected is a waste of time. It says virtually nothing".  Then half the article regurgitates exactly what is in the constitution approved at the 2011 AGM and the subject of much energetic discussion in social media prior to that. What is he on?

The constitution is here Brian and seems pretty clear and widely known to many of us. Not a great piece of jounalism for mine.

https://loveracing.nz/Downloads/Constitution.pdf

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

oh the memories of the early 70's - couple of jugs at Nancy's on the way home then picked up by the girls who say we are going to the Blenheim Road or Star and Garter to see such n such a band - 10.00pm closing time then ..... sleep ?

What about Cokers Von, was the place to go for salespeople on the prowl?. Not saying you were on the prowl back then, but i was

More 'pretty' writing from NZTR, this is pie in the sky, fanciful stuff, where are the dollars, promotion costs big money

The Promotion

While the components of the promotion to support the proposed new Carnivals are yet to be fully defined the summary below provides insight into the vision:

● Supported by the LOVERACING.NZ brand

● Secure a major sponsor(s).

● Partner with NZRB and Trackside (TV and Radio).

● Partner with NZ Media Networks.

● Partner with Australian Wagering Operators and Content Publishers.

● Partner with Australian Media Networks – Racing.com, Channel 7, radio platforms RSN etc.

● Develop and retain ambassadors and influencers.

● Partner with a charity.

● Leverage the history of feature NZ Group Racing.

● Integration with breeding sales periods

● Develop link to regional tourism authorities and Tourism NZ.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hesi said:

More 'pretty' writing from NZTR, this is pie in the sky, fanciful stuff, where are the dollars, promotion costs big money

The Promotion

While the components of the promotion to support the proposed new Carnivals are yet to be fully defined the summary below provides insight into the vision:

● Supported by the LOVERACING.NZ brand

● Secure a major sponsor(s).

● Partner with NZRB and Trackside (TV and Radio).

● Partner with NZ Media Networks.

● Partner with Australian Wagering Operators and Content Publishers.

● Partner with Australian Media Networks – Racing.com, Channel 7, radio platforms RSN etc.

● Develop and retain ambassadors and influencers.

● Partner with a charity.

● Leverage the history of feature NZ Group Racing.

● Integration with breeding sales periods

● Develop link to regional tourism authorities and Tourism NZ.

All spin Hesi

My list was a practical list showing what punters want, but we aren't in the mix

Their list is pure spin

2 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

The girls were from up Cashmere way Newmarket - so we kept away from those places ?

Must have gone to the Hillsborough tavern then, it was known for live music. I remember seeing jordan luck etc. 

Warners & Occidental had good bands too. I really miss live music at pubs

Just now, Newmarket said:

Must have gone to the Hillsborough tavern then, it was known for live music. I remember seeing jordan luck etc. 

Warners & Occidental had good bands too. I really miss live music at pubs

Hillsborough rings a bell as does Red something out Sumner way. Warners & Occidental was one of them in the Square? Between Colombo St and the old Post Office?