Bit Of A Yarn

TAB Form: Geraldine

Happy Sunrise

Noticed that very soon after the fields were put out the TAB Form (Trotech) for Saturday's meeting was already up which suprised me no end.

I am sure Mr Fitzgerald ( I believe I am right in saying that) is very knowledgeable but do I take the fact that it was up so quickly as a sign of deep expertise or a sign or it is just a somewhat superficial tipster sheet put together quickly with little real thought? Especially, given there are no real outsiders picked or any consideration for the amount of rain that has fallen on the track.

I know it will be put to me that the answer is in the results on Saturday but I am asking pre-meeting what value punters find in the TAB Form?

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Noticed that very soon after the fields were put out the TAB Form (Trotech) for Saturday's meeting was already up which suprised me no end.

I am sure Mr Fitzgerald ( I believe I am right in saying that) is very knowledgeable but do I take the fact that it was up so quickly as a sign of deep expertise or a sign or it is just a somewhat superficial tipster sheet put together quickly with little real thought? Especially, given there are no real outsiders picked or any consideration for the amount of rain that has fallen on the track.

I know it will be put to me that the answer is in the results on Saturday but I am asking pre-meeting what value punters find in the TAB Form?

Done by various people and not just Mr Fitzgerald from what I have heard.

Hello Happy Sunrise.

Andrew Fitzgerald here.

TABForm & Trottech are two different things.

TABForm is the comments for each horse/ that persons top four picks. This information I believe is provided by the RacingBoard and a few different people do it for each region. I do not have anything to do with TABForm.

Trottech was a tipsheet that was put out on the morning of every race meeting via the HRNZ site. A ridiculous amount of hours went into producing each meeting, as you can imagine it is a large task trying to keep your eye on everything happening around NZ. I feel from the response we got about Trottech that we did a good job and found plenty of winners. I know it definitely drove turnover as I've had plenty of people message me saying they had a crack on the harness after seeing my sheet.

I liked having our sheet come out as close to race day as possible so I could factor in everything including the weather.

Unfortunately Trottech is no longer as The TAB Shark provides similar information and that's what you'll see from now on.

Any questions feel free to yell out

Thanks

Andrew

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

TABForm & Trottech are two different things.

Aren't I a dick.

TABForm is the comments for each horse/ that persons top four picks. This information I believe is provided by the RacingBoard and a few different people do it for each region.

This changed recently or am I still a dick?

A ridiculous amount of hours went into producing each meeting, as you can imagine it is a large task trying to keep your eye on everything happening around NZ.

I bet. Hard enough doing it for one race let alone a meeting. That is why I ask my original question about how the TAB Form was produced so quickly for Geraldine. It didn't make sense to me.

2 hours ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

I know it definitely drove turnover as I've had plenty of people message me saying they had a crack on the harness after seeing my sheet.

And the TAB stopped it? Upped turnover and they shut it down....at least they are consistent lol

I liked having our sheet come out as close to race day as possible so I could factor in everything including the weather.

So you were genuine in what you did. Good man.

Unfortunately Trottech is no longer as The TAB Shark provides similar information and that's what you'll see from now on.

The TAB decided for a new gimmick? Is the Shark one or several people in the Canterbury region like the TAB Form?

Or is the Shark the Whale's representative in the South Island? ?

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Aren't I a dick.

This changed recently or am I still a dick?

I bet. Hard enough doing it for one race let alone a meeting. That is why I ask my original question about how the TAB Form was produced so quickly for Geraldine. It didn't make sense to me.

And the TAB stopped it? Upped turnover and they shut it down....at least they are consistent lol

So you were genuine in what you did. Good man.

The TAB decided for a new gimmick? Is the Shark one or several people in the Canterbury region like the TAB Form?

Or is the Shark the Whale's representative in the South Island? ?

The new TABForm name was to try and stop confusion between the new trottech etc.

The Racing board organise the TABForm comments / people - it just all depends on how quick they do their comments i would suggest as to how fast they are up.

Trottech was an HRNZ concept - cost cutting with The Shark providing similar information.

Always loved tipping horses since a young age - my number one role here was to give some more in depth information that would hopefully help punters punt with a bit more confidence or even better, get someone to punt on harness that doesn't usually.

I'm not sure of the complete details around the Shark.

• Champ Post 1

36 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

So in what way are you involved now ?. It would be a sad day( although not surprising ) that those with your expertise are not utilised by the powers that be.I thought personally Trottech was a very good indicator for those trying to narrow down a winner.

Hi Globe.

No involvement now - currently updating the CV and putting my best suit on to go knock on everyone's door.

Fingers crossed aye.

Cheers

Andrew

32 minutes ago, AndrewFitzgerald said:

Hi Globe.

No involvement now - currently updating the CV and putting my best suit on to go knock on everyone's door.

Fingers crossed aye.

Cheers

Andrew

Professional punting Andrew?

I am sure with extra time on your hands you would do fine, until they try to shut you down!

Must admit your HRNZ tips weren’t too bad on most occasions, and I am sure things will work out fine for you as you are pretty entrepreneurial!

Edited by Brodie

This Punters Lounge is meant to be designed to increase the wagering on Harness Racing apparently.

What I suggest NZ TAB to do this, is to lift betting restrictions on punters!

After all it is nearly Xmas time!

Please advise us when the restrictions have been taken off!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

This Punters Lounge is meant to be designed to increase the wagering on Harness Racing apparently.

Never miss a beat do yah Brods.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Hey Brodster, Whats ur secret my punting is a disgrace, how do I start making money instead of keeping tab staff in work

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, boobybec said:

Hey Brodster, Whats ur secret my punting is a disgrace, how do I start making money instead of keeping tab staff in work

To be fair the TAB have made it much harder nowadays as the odds that they offer on opening are generally less than fair, so doesn’t encourage early investing!

When they do lenghthen out it tends to be too late unless you are sitting at the TAB or oncourse.

Providing you put the time in, it isn’t hard to make money on harness racing !

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Dont try to place a bet, then complain you cant get on fixed odds, these seem to work. 

At least you wouldn’t lose money Newmarket when YOU don’t wager!

Once the TAB begins to make it fairer to the punter I will be back in!

At the end of the day Newmarket, they need punters so they can make money, whereas I don’t, so they are the losers!!

• Haha 1

Yes if u back Mark and Nat you should, but I seem to back their wrong ones.  Had a good multi running through slingshot on cup day, massive run but beaten by stablemate.  Did have a good collect off Copperhead Rose in the quaddie on show day tho.  Is taking multi's the best way to attack things?

1 hour ago, boobybec said:

Whats ur secret my punting is a disgrace

32 minutes ago, boobybec said:

Is taking multi's the best way to attack things?

There is no best way. You can have a conservative or aggressive way but that depends on your punting personality and risk tolerance.

For me, attacking things all depends on what your study throws up...could be each way, could be a place multi or when the fields are too even it might be a quaddie or such like.

The secret is study. You can eliminate most horses that way and sometimes you find diamonds. Only downside is finding the time to do study!

Mabye some real punters can throw light on it.

There is no best way. You can have a conservative or aggressive way but that depends on your punting personality and risk tolerance.

For me, attacking things all depends on what your study throws up...could be each way, could be a place multi or when the fields are too even it might be a quaddie or such like.

The secret is study. You can eliminate most horses that way and sometimes you find diamonds. Only downside is finding the time to do study!

Mabye some real punters can throw light on it.

Happy, you are correct, everyone has their own methods.

I never take erotics,  bugger I meant exotics!!!

To consistently make money you need to put in effort and have ability to assess horses and drivers.

I know people who do put in plenty of effort but don’t make money.

Plenty of people can back plenty of winners but to consistently win, you can not be betting on every race.

Pick and choose and if the odds are right, then don’t bother!

The TAB rely on the mug punters to make money and that is why successful punters are heavily restricted!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Happy, you are correct, everyone has their own methods.

I never take erotics,  bugger I meant exotics!!!

To consistently make money you need to put in effort and have ability to assess horses and drivers.

I know people who do put in plenty of effort but don’t make money.

Plenty of people can back plenty of winners but to consistently win, you can not be betting on every race.

Pick and choose and if the odds are right, then don’t bother!

The TAB rely on the mug punters to make money and that is why successful punters are heavily restricted!

I meant if the odds are not right don’t bother

• Haha 1

On 21/11/2018 at 5:02 PM, Brodie said:

Professional punting Andrew?

I am sure with extra time on your hands you would do fine, until they try to shut you down!

Must admit your HRNZ tips weren’t too bad on most occasions, and I am sure things will work out fine for you as you are pretty entrepreneurial!

andrew pretty smart cookie so unlikely to get shut down

On 21/11/2018 at 5:09 PM, Brodie said:

i just got off the phone and they said tote betting unrestricted 

merry xmas brodie old chap