NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

jumps casulties te rapa

mumbles

What a Negative bunch

Horses pulled up is a good animal welfare practice I think. not flogging a dead horse so to speak. We would all be complaining if they did that.

Berry the Cash didn't even fall. According to the stewards report (According to a friend,i don't know where you read them) All horses left the races alive. Pontadarwes Rider got his leg Tangled in the breastplate after the horse jumped awkward and he was unbalanced.  Pulled up because of the danger of riding Tangled in gear. Nothing wrong with the horse.

Why not focus on the great finishes to great races instead of bitching and moaning. 

West Coast is something special. What a star. Never won a race on the flat they tell me but a champion over jumps. Where would he be without jumping races?

I For 1 loved watching the races today and found the jumps races very exciting.Well done to all involved.

• Like 4

Assuming the worst before knowing the facts and reading the stewards report (I can't either,where do we find it?) is being negative. Not positive anyway. But I agree it's great everyone is ok. Nobody wants to see horses die. I saw 1 fall over deceased at Riccarton yesterday and it was sickening. Makes losing your money not seemy so bad.

Any updates on Terry Moseley? He didn't ride again after the incident. Fingers crossed he is ok too.

39 minutes ago, Jim Green said:

Assuming the worst before knowing the facts and reading the stewards report (I can't either,where do we find it?) is being negative. Not positive anyway. But I agree it's great everyone is ok. Nobody wants to see horses die. I saw 1 fall over deceased at Riccarton yesterday and it was sickening. Makes losing your money not seemy so bad.

Any updates on Terry Moseley? He didn't ride again after the incident. Fingers crossed he is ok too.

Bruised and sore, left the races moving very carefully,  but ok.

3 hours ago, Jim Green said:

What a Negative bunch

Horses pulled up is a good animal welfare practice I think. not flogging a dead horse so to speak. We would all be complaining if they did that.

Berry the Cash didn't even fall. According to the stewards report (According to a friend,i don't know where you read them) All horses left the races alive. Pontadarwes Rider got his leg Tangled in the breastplate after the horse jumped awkward and he was unbalanced.  Pulled up because of the danger of riding Tangled in gear. Nothing wrong with the horse.

Why not focus on the great finishes to great races instead of bitching and moaning. 

West Coast is something special. What a star. Never won a race on the flat they tell me but a champion over jumps. Where would he be without jumping races?

I For 1 loved watching the races today and found the jumps races very exciting.Well done to all involved.

Jim, to read the Stewards Report go into the NZTR Racing website .....go to RESULTS , Waikato and in small print ,top right you will see heading ...Stewards Report.

Today there were a lot of horses who got a mention by bungling fences. Obviously a lot struggled with the extra distances.

There's a little comedy there.....a serious lack of jockey numbers is a huge negative. It was all hands on deck today and trainers were sweating that Jockeys never got injured in prior races which would have forced them to scratch. Seems a couple came off but like the rugby/league players in past splashed a bit of water on injuries and 'got back on the horse'

That not funny but the stewards fined one trainer $50 for late notifying jockey....he couldn't find one , was hoping on a scratching.And a jockey transgressed so they hammered him with a decent fine then made sure he wouldn't be riding on the remaining jumps day to end the season ,which most likely will mean at least 4 horses will not be able to run on that day ! Some great competitive races today but will probably add fuel to those trying to end jumps racing in NZ.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim Green said:

Thank you for answering my queries. Great news Terry is ok and reading the stewards reports will help justify my punting losses. 

Yes, Terry has a work ethic second to none.

At the track riding work yesterday,  when asked how he was, quipped ' a bit second-hand, but way better than the horse! '.