NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Prominent Canterbury Owner Calls For ALL Polytrack Racing To Cease in NZ

Wandering Eyes

32 minutes ago, curious said:

3x3 to Danehill. Some may like that, though I'm no pedigree geek these days. Anyway, this thread seems to have segued into an examination of the author, rather than the concerns raised in his report.

Line-breeding to superior females is a pattern acclaimed by many successful breeders - Tesio being just one worthy of mention...and Danehill himself has Natalma carried through different daughters on each side.

The incompatible Best in Show is carried twice in Colin's stallion, so he's done his homework. 

5 hours ago, Freda said:

Line-breeding to superior females is a pattern acclaimed by many successful breeders - Tesio being just one worthy of mention...and Danehill himself has Natalma carried through different daughters on each side.

The incompatible Best in Show is carried twice in Colin's stallion, so he's done his homework. 

incompatible? Or did you mean incomparable?

12 hours ago, curious said:

Anyway, this thread seems to have segued into an examination of the author, rather than the concerns raised in his report.

tick, but.. because of CW's history with Head Office!  we know that they will be playing a game with that in mind.  

reflecting on the 'politics of racing',  I presume that CW has got the Trainers CEO and Owners Reps involved??

30 minutes ago, curious said:

Yes. And circa 200mms to the asphalt base.

I seriously hope that the rumours are not true that they took a budget short cut.  Although some may remember the quite tense debate with @Pitman some months prior to the AWT being built that there appeared to be no business case nor planned extra budget for ongoing maintenace.   I should bump that discussion to the front of the queue again!

14 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Funny isn’t it, old Col also posting on FB dishing it out. 

Apart from a couple on here…. where are all the others complaining about Synthetic trainers? Not many are there… I’m not keen on them but some horses like it

Some horses are.  But you miss the point.  Colins issue is with the maintenance of the Riccarton track.  The photos don't lie.  Some horses like running on the Polytrack but not many like running on asphalt.

I assure you there are quite a few disgruntled trainers but unfortunately the hassle publically commenting on social media about the issue is not worth it.  Like a lot of things Trainers are often forced to grin and bear it.  But hopefully what Wightman has done will get some focus on the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

But hopefully what Wightman has done will get some focus on the issue

I'm sure it has!   

As always, its always going to be amusing whenever CW jumps up on his high horse! more power to him if his action on Track Safety leads to better safety for all involved!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I seriously hope that the rumours are not true that they took a budget short cut. 

Yes. It would be bad if that proves to be true but probably worse if it turns out that they have failed to keep it topped up to the initial level.