Bit Of A Yarn

Court On The Edge - Race 8 Addington, Why??

Brodie

I appreciate that it is happening quite often nowadays, but why on earth do trainers line up maiden horses against race winners?

Court On The Edge trained by Cran Dalgety is inthe last at Addington tonight and hasn’t been that impressive at all against maidens so far.

The TAB has opened it at ridiculously short odds for what it has done so far, and there is also a bit on the tote at this early stage.

Personally can’t understand why when there are plenty of other maiden races around!

Could someone please enlighten Brodie?

Doubt this would  have happened under the previous handicap system

Edited by Brodie

34 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I appreciate that it is happening quite often nowadays, but why on earth do trainers line up maiden horses against race winners?

Court On The Edge trained by Cran Dalgety is inthe last at Addington tonight and hasn’t been that impressive at all against maidens so far.

The TAB has opened it at ridiculously short odds for what it has done so far, and there is also a bit on the tote at this early stage.

Personally can’t understand why when there are plenty of other maiden races around!

I can't understand why either, plenty of weak maiden races around. It's not as if it's raceday form or trials form is much chop.... only $9ff!!

9 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Last time you mentioned something like this, think horse won, or was bloody unlucky

Extreme Stride. Finished 3rd after breaking after start.

Similar situation, hadn't showed that much but was super short which couldn't understand either. Raced 3 times for win and a placing before being carted off to Australia.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

They must know something! Be interesting to see what his price is  just before the start.

I thought 2 horses to night that have been mentioned by others over the cup carnival were good things tonight, Il parata $4.6 and doctor Tim $4.2

That was a shocking drive on Dr Tim. 

Those boys that won punters club a few weeks back, were very lucky that winner kept going 

24 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Can we get Brodie a job as a TAB bookie. Would have cleaned up as he would have opened that one at $50 ? 

I respect anyone who puts their balls on the line pre race. Whether they are right or wrong.

The other Dalgety runner was a third of it's price so that was interesting. I thought watching the race live it was being made for Sezana!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I respect anyone who puts their balls on the line pre race. Whether they are right or wrong.

The other Dalgety runner was a third of it's price so that was interesting. I thought watching the race live it was being made for Sezana!

If you looked at its raceday form and trials you wouldn't back it with stolen money, must have been showing a bit privately.

5 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I can't understand why either, plenty of weak maiden races around. It's not as if it's raceday form or trials form is much chop.... only $9ff!!

Not very often you can get a good opening price on an Orange driven runner. Same with Dexter when he was still here. Their opening odds are always half what they would be with anyone else driving them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Brodie said:

LOL!! Brodie.... always on the money... NOT.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Race run at a crawl, slowest 1980m by miles.

Setup for that maiden and how can anyone follow form when a race is run at such a pathetic pace?????

Egg on my face I suppose but you can’t predict that sort of shite!!!!

Tab should not be restricting you, should be offering you double odds!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Tab should not be restricting you, should be offering you double odds!

Or giving him a job! I could be getting triple odds. Princess Tiffany could be at $4.00 tonight if Brodie was the bookie. Those $5.00 place outsiders would be kept pretty short though!

• Haha 1