Bit Of A Yarn

Stewards Result ?

Newmarket

Watched last race at Motukara, thought Ben Hopes drive checked Brent Weavers horse 250m from  finish. 

I was bloody surprised to see Weaver suspended, and admitted it? I cant see the reason, but didnt see head on video. Failing to concede his position? Broke when shifted out? Cant understand decision, can see quite clearly inside horse angling out, taking other horses line, which resulted in gallop. 

38242AEC-9C75-457B-8F94-DFC9E761CF8A.jpeg

Edited by Newmarket

I guess because Weaver turned his horses head in,it  did not help his cause, That was only just before his horses back legs were hit by the sulky wheel of the other horse.   It did look like he was going to get a bump before he did that. I had a small place bet on ultimate desire and thought it may have run 3rd,bit hard to tell.

Interestingly that was the only race where the winner came from further back than lead ,trail  and one of parked. Exactly the same pattern as last week.  And that's all because the races have just been sprints up the straight. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, the galah said:

I had a small place bet on ultimate desire

I did too.

When I saw Vinnie shift out and knock Ultimate over I thought junior Hope will be in trouble for that (and here I was last week talking up his family and him up ?)  and he will get put out for it but then I thought Ultimate was not going to beat Vinnie so no chance . Then it crossed my mind that Richie had backed Vinnie and he probably has the RIU in his back pocket so another reason why Vinnie won't be put out although Richie could be named in the next court proceedings... as he seemingly just wins too often for his good...

Then I see Ultimate Desire's driver gets suspended....

I thought I had seen it all after this but now with further review I realise I know absolutely nothing....

• Haha 2

Ben Hope has improved immensely in the past few weeks.

When he first started realistically his driving wasn’t that flash but due to driving good horses, he has improved out of sight!

Being a lightweight helps and yes he does seem to be doing his homework!

Good to see as we need to retain as many young drivers and trainers in the industry as we can otherwise??????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

When he first started realistically his driving wasn’t that flash but due to driving good horses, he has improved out of sight!

Good to see as we need to retain as many young drivers and trainers in the industry as we can otherwise??????

is turning out to be good wee horseman not like that Nathan Purdon can't drive for shit even old man sacked him

• Champ Post 1

7 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

is turning out to be good wee horseman not like that Nathan Purdon can't drive for shit even old man sacked him

Bit tough hunter. I think Nathan purdon drives ok.He drives about the same as his father used to at the same stage,and he turned out ok.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 10:15 PM, Brodie said:

Just looked and Ben Hope is flying!

50 drives this season for 13 wins, 2 seconds and a 3rd!

Major improvement since last season and has obviously matured.

UDr of .3000 and I would think that 13 wins in 50 drives would have to be some record for Juniors!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Just looked and Ben Hope is flying!

50 drives this season for 13 wins, 2 seconds and a 3rd!

Major improvement since last season and has obviously matured.

UDr of .3000 and I would think that 13 wins in 50 drives would have to be some record for Juniors!

Not knocking his record, but that result was a sham. Should have been charged,