Bit Of A Yarn

Rangiora Tips

Happy Sunrise

27 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

few of my nags i have been following are out, r3 cullenmore, one more chance,  r4 choice lustre,  r5 matthew eyre, r6 rachmaninov, r7 awayovernight is my best bet, r8 kardesler, r10 overarm, 

No Stompem? Thought you had a hankering for him too.

Could be a good draw for Cullenmore.

Overarm and Mr Midnight are my two in Race 10.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

No Stompem? Thought you had a hankering for him too.

Could be a good draw for Cullenmore.

Overarm and Mr Midnight are my two in Race 10.

Got stompem in quad, i only take quads on grass meetings. 

You may be right mr midnight, good even fields,some big divs ahead for xmas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You make a killing?

I thought I was in with a chance with Prince Teka until the gaps never came. Then, Canstar broke from the stand....I hate these punting days...

Had a few gallop too today??

Up for day, but not heaps. 2nd best bet was kardesler, so had a go on it, plenty of money on late. Gee, it was stiff, so many lead changes, near last turn, finished just over 2L winner?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rangiora was Riccarton for a few bets today and lost a packet but not my marbles.

I can't wait for this Christmas period of racing though. 

Bring it on Mr TAB ?

Yes, couldn't find any from my memory portfolio this weekend but as you say , shit loads of meetings comming up.

Love this time of year. And Majestic Man won for us today.yay.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

On 15/12/2018 at 10:00 PM, Newmarket said:

A few of my nags i have been following are out, r3 cullenmore, one more chance,  r4 choice lustre,  r5 matthew eyre, r6 rachmaninov, r7 awayovernight is my best bet, r8 kardesler, r10 overarm, 

Think i will have good day, hopefuly half of them do not gallop

Nice.....

On 15/12/2018 at 10:00 PM, Newmarket said:

awayovernight is my best bet

Stipes would make the worst punters....

AWAYOVERNIGHT - driver R Payne advised the removable gear was not activated due to the horse being inclined to lay outwards over the concluding stages. When questioned regarding the improved performance, trainer G Payne advised the horse had been unlucky in its first run back this campaign and although only finishing midfield at its previous start, had not disappointed him. Mr Payne added that AWAYOVERNIGHT had also benefited from an economical trip today and he was not surprised by its performance. Driver R Payne had his horseman's licence suspended from the conclusion of racing today up to and including 28 December 2018 (4 days) for using his whip on more occasions than permitted by Clause (b) of the Use of Whip Regulations.

Stipes would make the worst punters....

AWAYOVERNIGHT - driver R Payne advised the removable gear was not activated due to the horse being inclined to lay outwards over the concluding stages. When questioned regarding the improved performance, trainer G Payne advised the horse had been unlucky in its first run back this campaign and although only finishing midfield at its previous start, had not disappointed him. Mr Payne added that AWAYOVERNIGHT had also benefited from an economical trip today and he was not surprised by its performance. Driver R Payne had his horseman's licence suspended from the conclusion of racing today up to and including 28 December 2018 (4 days) for using his whip on more occasions than permitted by Clause (b) of the Use of Whip Regulations.

Well, that tells it all. Driver questioned regarding improved performance???? FFS, thats why it was my best bet, last 2 runs been very good from bad draw. I can not believe he was asked the question. 

As for whip rule, wont bother him, he is off to Aus as we speak. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Well, that tells it all. Driver questioned regarding improved performance???? FFS, thats why it was my best bet, last 2 runs been very good from bad draw. I can not believe he was asked the question. 

As for whip rule, wont bother him, he is off to Aus as we speak. 

Is Ross Payne going back to Oz to live again?

44 minutes ago, Shad said:

Just seen the fields for the grass track meeting at Westport, as usual, look harder to pick than a broken nose, any tipster out there game to give out a few tips at value, be keen to here of any.

R3 Majestic Action, Crothers trotter qualified nicely but first race start.

R4 Sunny Glenis, goes well on grass and most of the opposition are ordinary battlers. 

R9 Rock N Joy, much too good for this lot.

R11 Dana Dawn, like the driver selection, fit and hopefully steps and goes forward over the sprint.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Cheers dougie, had a wee peek earlier at that majestic action, very well bred to, and trainer goes good over there.

Scallywag Sam won 6 from 8 over here In Aussie and $30K since Crothers sold it, has always had a decent record with 1 or 2 trotters each season and although not a great driver his trotters generally get away cleanly.