Bit Of A Yarn

Rangiora Tips

Happy Sunrise

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I like Sweeney Todd at 10FF and 3.40FF in the last. Especially the 3.40 for the place.

Have been really dry recently but like this horse as he has 2 starts under his belt and is getting in the swing of things now.

I would put $20 000 on him the place for sure. ?

I will put $20k on for a win, only if seven other members do the same?

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Went to Rangiora once. Not to the track but to play golf. Greens were like glass, literally. On in regulation and 3 or 4 putts invariably. Never went back. 

Not sure which is harder, picking a winner at Rangiora or getting round that golf course with a decent score.

Both hard work.

• Haha 1

I see tab has foreigner $6-50 fixed, i think it will start shorter but just cant see value with driver! Bit of money on no 1 runner. 

The Rev, given up on him too, in fact i have started 2019 by culling some old battlers! Kardesler, dont like over distance with thornley, stompem and cullenmore, surely one will win that race

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Draw could be the making of him today as he will not be 3, 4 or 5 back the rails looking for luck.  Place probably best though.

A bit of a funny horse. Have noticed that when he is rushed early, blunts its finish. 

Seems to go best driven cold, but i think it may be suited to longer distance. Mind you, the way im going last couple of months!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Gonna spend 10 bucks. One each way on these portfolio horses, just to fill in the day.

R3. Diana Harbour 14s ff

R4 Pembrooke Blue. 10s ff 

R6. Aveross Spitfire 65s ff

R8. Senorita Margarita 13s f2f

R9 Linton Shard 28 tote, surprisingly 9s ff.

Bit of fun untill some real meetings come along.

I too like diana harbour,maybe cliden clowrs the quinella.  Todays the day

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, the galah said:

I too like diana harbour,maybe cliden clowrs the quinella.  Todays the day

oh well,just another replay of about its last 15 starts. Doesn't matter whether its the owner trainer or g smith,always directed to 5 back the fence full of running,and seems to find the only horses going back  from the 400m to follow.   That was by far the weakest field it has run in for a couple of years. I think I will give up on this one as the bus has left 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I like Sweeney Todd at 10FF and 3.40FF in the last. Especially the 3.40 for the place.

Have been really dry recently but like this horse as he has 2 starts under his belt and is getting in the swing of things now.

I would put $20 000 on him the place for sure. ?

Well done $68,000 That will make you Double Happy. 

If only!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Well done $68,000 That will make you Double Happy. 

If only!

Triple happy as I got the bet on with a Nigerian betting agency. Apparently they take any and all bets.

Just waiting for the money to go into my account. ?

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Triple happy as I got the bet on with a Nigerian betting agency. Apparently they take any and all bets.

Just waiting for the money to go into my account. ?

I have been betting with the same agency, but all they do is  keep taking my money and have the best excuses when i do have a decent collect  that they will put in my account in 6 months time in bulk. Well you have to trust people dont you.hahahaha

• Haha 3

Just as an aside, and nothing to do with racing.

My youngest son and family are moving from Perth to Melbourne and  are driving across after having sent the furniture ahead. 

Get this.  They arrived at Ceduna just a while ago to stay the night. The temperature is 48 degrees . I just talked to my daughter in law who hails from Brasil and she said they have never experienced anything like it. 

48 degrees. Holy shit that's hot.

9 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Not sure which is harder, picking a winner at Rangiora or getting round that golf course with a decent score.

Both hard work.

Apparently my son who just arrived at Ceduna picked up a Brochure for the Worlds longest golf course.  Starts in WA and finishes well into S.A., 1300 km.

It's part of a scenic  drive that splits the holes into roughly 65km apart. 

Sounds like a whole heap of fun, as long as it isn't 49 degrees.?