Bit Of A Yarn

Timaru today

Guest CrossCodes
21 hours ago, globederby12 said:

My whole  $6 left after two meetings having started with a whopping 10 bucks is going each way on G&N Hopes ,Easy Pickings in R1. 

Time for it to show up at last.

Apart from that no interest at all.

EASY PICKINGS - the near side number was removed prior to the start when the strap broke. Junior driver B Hope (assisted by J Dunn) was questioned regarding the manner he drove in the early and middle stages of the run home when limited in his urgings. Mr Hope explained the horse is still very inexperienced and at this stage of its career would not respond well to an overly vigorous drive. He added that he was also mindful of the horse breaking in two of its previous three starts and so only reined the horse and used his whip sparingly. After considering his explanation Stewards accepted his comment

Glad they at least asked him the question, wasn’t a good look when you watch the replay, pretty stock standard response though, the horse was never trotting rough at any stage up the straight so he could have showed at least a bit of vigour.

5 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

EASY PICKINGS - the near side number was removed prior to the start when the strap broke. Junior driver B Hope (assisted by J Dunn) was questioned regarding the manner he drove in the early and middle stages of the run home when limited in his urgings. Mr Hope explained the horse is still very inexperienced and at this stage of its career would not respond well to an overly vigorous drive. He added that he was also mindful of the horse breaking in two of its previous three starts and so only reined the horse and used his whip sparingly. After considering his explanation Stewards accepted his comment

Glad they at least asked him the question, wasn’t a good look when you watch the replay, pretty stock standard response though, the horse was never trotting rough at any stage up the straight so he could have showed at least a bit of vigour.

That's punting for yah. Got a lot of time for the Hopes, and invariably keep an eye on their horses. Close , that win price would have come in handy.

One bet for me today.

Number 1, Si Si Senor in race 4.

Drawn 1 with Blair doing the driving. Trained by Mark Jones who has had a very good run recently. To be honest, I'd be picking this horse to win here even if he'd drawn the outside of the second line so drawing the ace makes this race his to lose. 2.80 is money for old rope. I expect him to start yours for theirs. Only bad luck beats him. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Joe Kidd said:

One bet for me today.

Number 1, Si Si Senor in race 4.

Drawn 1 with Blair doing the driving. Trained by Mark Jones who has had a very good run recently. To be honest, I'd be picking this horse to win here even if he'd drawn the outside of the second line so drawing the ace makes this race his to lose. 2.80 is money for old rope. I expect him to start yours for theirs. Only bad luck beats him. 

Well done, nice start !

• Like 2