Bit Of A Yarn

Timaru today

2 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Unlucky there,  if the driver showed any vigour at all in the final stages it would have won, he just sat there and seemed very content to run second.

Probably scared to send it into a break under pressure. Good run , is slowly improving. Will follow it with interest.

4 hours ago, Joe Kidd said:

Two deadset winners today. Small fish are sweet.

Race 5, horse 9 Takemybreathaway @ 2.30. Wins for fun. Same trainer / driver combination won easily at Rangiora on Thursday with Take After Me. Glen Scott does not have a big team but you can confidently build your wagers around this filly.

Race 7, horse 8 Dark Rage @ 2.50. Far too good at Addington last start and will have that field covered. 

Nice

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe Kidd said:

Two deadset winners today. Small fish are sweet.

Race 5, horse 9 Takemybreathaway @ 2.30. Wins for fun. Same trainer / driver combination won easily at Rangiora on Thursday with Take After Me. Glen Scott does not have a big team but you can confidently build your wagers around this filly.

Over $3 on the tote

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Race 1 Questor  was 91FF and 8 50FF but I will only take the tote place odds at about 15s, I hope.

Race 3 Myth or Reality at 41FF and 6.20FF

Yes I have been on the holy juice and smoking the shisha pipe (extra strength) this early but why not. I have wailing in my head....Mecca is calling.

Machsgain on the tote for a more 'orthodox' bet later in the day when I have some Moussaka.

I need to stop thinking I am Nostradamus and just stick to my Greek Orthodox betting style. Conservative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Somebody will be very happy.

As Newmarket said Joe Kidd. Welcome aboard.

Now, you just keep those winners coming or Flag will be off to Echuca mid week gallops with an easybet again to find a winner ?

Nice result which was really never in doubt especially after she got such a good run through from her average draw. Will win her share for sure. Is held in high regard.

My second runner would have been the cream on the cake but alas, it wasn't to be. Not really the sort of horse that can work and still be winning. I assumed it would lead and repeat Addington but Machsgain had other ideas. Once it handed up, i knew it would have to settle for a minor placing.

Early start at Cromwell tomorrow. Couple of fair horses going around so we should be able to find a winner or two. 

Cheers my new cyber friends and thank you for the welcome.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

9 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I thought Alvira Hest went better than it head to head at Addington last start. Odds difference between the 2 is undeserving.

Really should have won. Having watched a lot of races recently, like you all, I am getting used to having a $ or two on horses who don't seem to get the right run,even when the gaps are there.  Alvira hest just another example.

I see the stipes report mentions the fact the driver angled out when the head on showed a gap big enough for two horses on the pylons where he just was. They accepted his explanation that he decided not to disrupt his horses momentum,although that is exactly what he did while he looked for a run out wider. Just another day at the office,another what might have been.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, the galah said:

Really should have won. Having watched a lot of races recently, like you all, I am getting used to having a $ or two on horses who don't seem to get the right run,even when the gaps are there.  Alvira hest just another example.

I see the stipes report mentions the fact the driver angled out when the head on showed a gap big enough for two horses on the pylons where he just was. They accepted his explanation that he decided not to disrupt his horses momentum,although that is exactly what he did while he looked for a run. Just another day at the office,another what might have been.

Best to back his horses when Dex or Blair is on them.....

He doesn't seem to keen to put anyone else on at the moment.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, the galah said:

I see the stipes report mentions the fact the driver angled out when the head on showed a gap big enough for two horses on the pylons where he just was. They accepted his explanation that he decided not to disrupt his horses momentum,although that is exactly what he did while he looked for a run out wider. Just another day at the office,another what might have been.

Almost as bad as backing dogs sometimes.They tend to run into each other, while some combinations of horse and driver do the same.

• Haha 1