Bit Of A Yarn

Yay- Stipes hammer our most recent successful Trainer/Driver!!!

Brodie

On 17/01/2019 at 3:15 PM, whiplash smile said:

so the years of harness racing that we all loved was brought down to this, every owner, trainer and driver  when harness was at its finest was wrong? all used whips, name your classic driver , trainer or owner that disagreed? was it wolfy, was holmes, was A.G , was Maurie Mac, was tricky ricky  was it dex was it tim nat or kermit the muppet?    Big accusations there!

If this is the wider point, then i missed it! ..sorry basil, just an opinion mate.

You've certainly missed it alright, and by several goal-widths at that. Perhaps try reading again what I said...

On 17/01/2019 at 3:56 PM, whiplash smile said:

get your balls cut out by the vet and buried in the paddock basil, bet that hurts!!!   ,,, but cause the vets are torturing there clients standardbreds aswell ! (wah awah what do vets know?)how is that caged chicken that you have NEVER! eaten, or the caged pig that you eat? These horses are loved and admired by all that work with them!  why dont you do some research?

Well, that certainly makes it 1-0 to the pot over the kettle at half-time...

Leaving aside the complete irrelevance of this hysterical (and incomprehensible) nonsense to the matter being discussed, I guess I'd better point something out before you humiliate yourself completely: Basil is, and has long been, vegan.

For the avoidance of all doubt, I did the obvious thing and asked SAFE whether Brodie was telling porkies:

Hi SAFE

A quick (hopefully) question.  A couple of claims have recently been made on a racing forum about SAFE’s attitude towards the use of the whip in harness racing:

S.A.F.E. We’re not even damn interested in the harness whip, they said have said that!”

“A lady from SAFE stated that the harness whip was not on S.A.F.Es agenda!”

Could you please confirm or deny the truth of these statements.

Thanks and cheers,

Basil

to which they replied

Hi Basil

Thank you for getting in touch with your query about racing.

SAFE is opposed to the use of whips in horse racing, including harness racing. Australia banned the use of whips in harness racing in September 2017, due to animal welfare concerns. Horses are gentle, social animals and whips used in any horse racing event cause them harm. It’s unacceptable to allow the use of this painful practice for the purposes of ‘entertainment’.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Paris Waterworth

Supporter Engagement Assistant
Wellington Volunteer Coordinator

PO Box 28110 Kelburn Wellington 6150

04 472 9311 | safe.org.nz 

No doubt Brodie will continue to deny it, but the truth is now there for everybody possessing an IQ greater than that of a retarded whitebait to see.

QED.

• Champ Post 2

17 minutes ago, Basil said:

Horses are gentle, social animals and whips used in any horse racing event cause them harm. It’s unacceptable to allow the use of this painful practice for the purposes of ‘entertainment’.

while not the direct intention of the writer i feel this infers it is perfectly okay to whip our dear old brodie

4 hours ago, Basil said:

For the avoidance of all doubt, I did the obvious thing and asked SAFE whether Brodie was telling porkies:

Hi SAFE

A quick (hopefully) question.  A couple of claims have recently been made on a racing forum about SAFE’s attitude towards the use of the whip in harness racing:

S.A.F.E. We’re not even damn interested in the harness whip, they said have said that!”

Thanks and cheers,

Basil

to which they replied

Hi Basil

SAFE is opposed to the use of whips in horse racing, including harness racing. Australia banned the use of whips in harness racing in September 2017, due to animal welfare concerns. Horses are gentle, social animals and whips used in any horse racing event cause them harm. It’s unacceptable to allow the use of this painful practice for the purposes of ‘entertainment’.

Kind regards,

Paris Waterworth

No doubt Brodie will continue to deny it, but the truth is now there for everybody possessing an IQ greater than that of a retarded whitebait to see.

QED.

Just now, Basil said:

Hi SAFE

Thanks and cheers,

Basil

to which they replied

Hi Basil

Kind regards,

Paris Waterworth

QED.

What proof?

W

17 hours ago, LongOwner said:
22 hours ago, Basil said:

Hi SAFE

Thanks and cheers,

Basil

to which they replied

Hi Basil

Kind regards,

Paris Waterworth

QED.

Firstly, Basil, I would’ve thought you would have had enough sense not to post this letter from SAFE??

Being a Vegan, posts a picture of you being totally biased towards animal cruelty, and you should take your blinkers off!!

The letter from SAFE is a load of BS, and the lady that wrote on Their behalf, Paris Waterworth should check her facts before she puts her name to something she has no idea about!

Harness Racing Australia has not banned the whip at all, so she is telling porkies isn’t she??????

SAFES answer from Paris, was pretty obvious really Basil, however I reiterate, when HRNZ brought in the blatantly stupid rule, SAFE was not concerned with the harness whip and it was not on their agenda!!

The blatant fact is that HRNZ brought it to their attention and they said ok it must be bad so now will be monitoring it!!!

Basil, very poor effort by yourself to try and say that Brodie told a porky, whereas it has clearly shown you with egg on your face again!!!!

Edited by Brodie

56 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Nothing wrong with being a vegan. Its a choice. Doesn't harm anyone.

Doesnt't explain anything.

Happy, Didnt say there was anything wrong with being a vegan!

What it does show though is that opinions is biased on the topic of the whip rule!

He is blinkered to the fact that everything is wrong with animals treatment, that is probably why he is  vegan, and he will be lacking Minerals in his blood that enables him to make sound decisions!

Happy, the fact remains is that The person that answered on behalf of SAFE should do their homework before commenting.

By saying what she did, clearly shows that they have not been interested in the harness whip or she would’ve known that it was not banned in Australia all!

Edited by Brodie
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Happy, Didnt say there was anything wrong with being a vegan!

What it does show though is that  sail is biased on the topic of the whip rule!

He is blinkered to the fact that everything is wrong with animals treatment, that is probably why he is  vegan, and he will be lacking Minerals in his blood that enables him to make sound decisions!

Nothing wrong with being a vegan? But you had a crack at being vegan in the last sentence.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Nothing wrong with being a vegan? But you had a crack at being vegan in the last sentence.

Happy, everyone’s choice to be or do what they want!

Known fact though that Vegans do suffer from mineral deficiencies, andcI have known a couple of people who were vegans for awhile, developed health problems and now love red meat!

6 hours ago, Rangatira said:

when they come and they will

operation brodie would be fitting

Rangatira, note that Basil has not responded due to him having several eggs on his face!

What is your opinion on the false information that was stated by S.A.F.E that HRNZ was scared of?

Do you not think that SAFE should know what is going on if they are so worried about the harness whip rule?

It is certainly not a great look having someone responding and actually telling Porkies when Brodie has never once done this!

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Do you not think that SAFE should know what is going on if they are so worried about the harness whip rule?

i think her comment was part of the on going plan that SAFE be under estimated

like what possible grief could tree hugging roman sandal wearing tofu and sprout pizza eaters cause