Bit Of A Yarn

Yay- Stipes hammer our most recent successful Trainer/Driver!!!

Brodie

Yes, well,done once again Stipes who have Just hammered Darren Keast who has just had the most amazing start to his training career!

personally haven’t been a big fan of his driving record until he took out a training license and is totally on fire!

All his horses went amazing on the West Coast circuit and his driving was so much better as well!

The Stipes deemed it right to stand down this very promising trainer /driver for 6 racing days for his drive on Midas Touch who he wanted to win with!!!

The stiles say that he hit the horse excessively according to the blatant stupid rule of 10 hits inside the 400metres!

Well effen  change the effen rule HRNZ because it is so effen wrong and if you can’t work that out then you are down right incompetent!!

Admit you brought the rule in without the support it needed and the approval of the drivers concerned!

Why the heck do you want to drive our young people out of the industry that is clearly struggling at the moment, and amidst operation Inca etc.

If you watch the video of Race 1 on the second day at Nelson, Darren Keast is not hitting the horse excessively at all, in fact the effort he was putting in was less than other drivers in other races!

Brodie speaks on behalf of many of the drivers who have been fined and or suspended for this rule that needs an OVERHAUL and AMENDMENT!!

Take the no. Of hits out of the blatantly stupid rule that is current!!!

Basil, don’t bother!!!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

Seriously, what the hell do they get out of trying to destroy the income and livelihood of drivers that are trying hard to win?

The Stipes are really not doing the industry a service at the moment, and need to pull,their heads in and realistically!

Any clown could do,a better job than what they are showing!

Personally have no gripes with any of them, just believe that they are acting totally unrealistically, and without any common sense quite often!!!!!!

• Like 2

It's not often I defend the RIU but Brodie, I feel your argument is off target.

If it's a rule which you feels needs to be amended, then your energy is being wasted on the RIU.

The RIU are meant to enforce the rules that HRNZ provides to them. The RIU isn't going to change a rule no matter how much pressure you try to put on them...

Retarget your energies mate.

57 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Yes, well,done once again Stipes who have Just hammered Darren Keast who has just had the most amazing start to his training career!

personally haven’t been a big fan of his driving record until he took out a training license and is totally on fire!

All his horses went amazing on the West Coast circuit and his driving was so much better as well!

The Stipes deemed it right to stand down this very promising trainer /driver for 6 racing days for his drive on Midas Touch who he wanted to win with!!!

The stiles say that he hit the horse excessively according to the blatant stupid rule of 10 hits inside the 400metres!

You are right for a change Brodie. The rule should be changed. The new rule should be no whips allowed.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

It's not often I defend the RIU but Brodie, I feel your argument is off target.

If it's a rule which you feels needs to be amended, then your energy is being wasted on the RIU.

The RIU are meant to enforce the rules that HRNZ provides to them. The RIU isn't going to change a rule no matter how much pressure you try to put on them...

Retarget your energies mate.

YanKiwi, retarget my energies to what?

The RIU are enforcing the rules that HRNZ brought in without thinking clearly and they have changed the wording now from what it started out as!

FFS, the rule is a blatant nonsense the way it is enforced with the no. Of hits etc.

S.A.F.E. We’re not even damn interested in the harness whip, they said have said that!

There are horses in every race that probably get hit harder than the horses that are affected by the drivers who get charged for the no. Of hits!

NZ cups have been won by drivers that have been charged with excess whip no.s, but they didn’t care because the fine was insignificant in relation to stakes won!

Look I appreciate it that they are enforcing a blatantly stupid rule that was brought in!

Does everyone agree with every rule that is brought in, in everyday life??

There is a 30km per hour rule in some parts of town, whkch is a totally ridiculous effen rule, and does everyone follow that?

Even the police don’t follow it, as I see them going a damn sight quicker than that!

Hopefully commonsense will eventually prevail, otherwise harness in NZ will continue to decline as the young ones will not bother!!

I am expecting the normal Miller’s to come on and have a go at Brodie, but don’t give a rats, as “I am on the money” as usual!!!

Edited by Brodie

3 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Race 5 number 2 at Mecca tomorrow.

If it takes 11 flicks with the whip to win so be it.

Not sure tomorrow, depends on the driver!

Will he whack hard 10 times which is just fine?

Will he tap it for 11 times and get fined or suspended?

Does he know how to count to 10 while he is concentrating on steering the horse in the straight?

Must be very easy thing to do, count and concentrate, and if you stuff up by one tap then you should get fined or suspended, to supposedly appease S.A.F.E who didn’t give a rats about the harness whip at the time!

The fact that it was amended has probably brought it to their attention!

Harness Racing in NZ has a lot more pressing issues than Trying to hammer the lesser light drivers in NZ!

Way to go Stipes, you are classics,  yay we can count to over 10!

This is what justifies our existence and our high salaries, because you couldn’t make it in driving, so you became Stipes!

Harsh, but true!

Get HRNz To amend the stupid rule before you lose more out of the industry.

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

A lady from SAFE stated that the harness whip was not on S.A.F.Es agenda!

Not made up at all!

I was going to take Brodie's advice and not bother, since he's beyond all reason on this topic (and most others as well). But this particular claim is a blatant porky, as a simple look at the SAFE website would have revealed:

https://safe.org.nz/whipping

Worse still, it's been shown to be a porky multiple times on this forum, including as recently as December!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/108544739/horse-racing-the-sport-of-kings-or-dead-cert-gamblingdriven-animal-cruelty

If you must bore for NZ Brodie, at least stick to the truth.

• Like 1

to be fair to Brodie , i also  seen on tv someone saying that it wasn't an issue about cruelty but public perception,

10 would seem like a good base to instigate a review of the drive, but just like the nz police on certain scenarios use their power of discretion, thought that would of been the way this was enforced but apparently not

I think the media article was about greyhounds so the person may not have been aware of the official stance of who they were representing, but if that makes Brodie a liar then it also makes the person representing on tv a liar doesnt it?

these polar opposite views just create confusion and unfortunately for drivers and punters a rule that was designed to appease animal liberalists , has had a significant impact on some races, some drivers look a bit shaky about whether or not to continue to whip in a tight finish,

counting to 10 may not be hard, but in a race when your hypo-vigilant your focus is on the horse and the scenario your in, not 2 at the 400m then 3,4,5,6, 7....8 +2 = 10 or was it 9 oh no they may have counted 1 that was just a slight motion fuck thats 11, oh no how im gonna tell the missus, there's gonna be a change in the income for a bit so we will have to hold up on the luxury lifestyle for a bit.

They may need to put l.e.d counters on the whips, sounds stupid but no more stupid than the blanket no tolerance policy enforcement of this rule

I admit i don't like the rule but felt that common sense would prevail assuming that the stipes would have the knowledge and experience to differentiate between a driver trying to comply with his obligation to give his horse every chance to win and a driver blatantly flogging his nag.

They need a wider leeway to apply discretion on a case by case basis and if the stipes cant be trusted to do that then they should drop it, cause for a rule that was about public perception, i bet only a tiny percentage are happy, but the perception of the punter, let alone the owners, trainers and drivers is far more detrimental to racing than the soapboxing of animal activists

hope D.Keast doesn't give up (wouldn't blame him if he did) and realizes hes been a victim of bureaucratic fucktardery!

• Champ Post 2

1 hour ago, whiplash smile said:

to be fair to Brodie , i also  seen on tv someone saying that it wasn't an issue about cruelty but public perception,

10 would seem like a good base to instigate a review of the drive, but just like the nz police on certain scenarios use their power of discretion, thought that would of been the way this was enforced but apparently not

I think the media article was about greyhounds so the person may not have been aware of the official stance of who they were representing, but if that makes Brodie a liar then it also makes the person representing on tv a liar doesnt it?

these polar opposite views just create confusion and unfortunately for drivers and punters a rule that was designed to appease animal liberalists , has had a significant impact on some races, some drivers look a bit shaky about whether or not to continue to whip in a tight finish,

counting to 10 may not be hard, but in a race when your hypo-vigilant your focus is on the horse and the scenario your in, not 2 at the 400m then 3,4,5,6, 7....8 +2 = 10 or was it 9 oh no they may have counted 1 that was just a slight motion fuck thats 11, oh no how im gonna tell the missus, there's gonna be a change in the income for a bit so we will have to hold up on the luxury lifestyle for a bit.

They may need to put l.e.d counters on the whips, sounds stupid but no more stupid than the blanket no tolerance policy enforcement of this rule

I admit i don't like the rule but felt that common sense would prevail assuming that the stipes would have the knowledge and experience to differentiate between a driver trying to comply with his obligation to give his horse every chance to win and a driver blatantly flogging his nag.

They need a wider leeway to apply discretion on a case by case basis and if the stipes cant be trusted to do that then they should drop it, cause for a rule that was about public perception, i bet only a tiny percentage are happy, but the perception of the punter, let alone the owners, trainers and drivers is far more detrimental to racing than the soapboxing of animal activists

hope D.Keast doesn't give up (wouldn't blame him if he did) and realizes hes been a victim of bureaucratic fucktardery!

There have been a few occasions when drivers have gone over the limit of 10 and nothing has been said as well, so as usual no consistency

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Brodie said:

YanKiwi, retarget my energies to what?

The RIU are enforcing the rules that HRNZ brought in without thinking clearly and they have changed the wording now from what it started out as!

FFS, the rule is a blatant nonsense the way it is enforced with the no. Of hits etc.

S.A.F.E. We’re not even damn interested in the harness whip, they said have said that!

There are horses in every race that probably get hit harder than the horses that are affected by the drivers who get charged for the no. Of hits!

NZ cups have been won by drivers that have been charged with excess whip no.s, but they didn’t care because the fine was insignificant in relation to stakes won!

Look I appreciate it that they are enforcing a blatantly stupid rule that was brought in!

Does everyone agree with every rule that is brought in, in everyday life??

There is a 30km per hour rule in some parts of town, whkch is a totally ridiculous effen rule, and does everyone follow that?

Even the police don’t follow it, as I see them going a damn sight quicker than that!

Hopefully commonsense will eventually prevail, otherwise harness in NZ will continue to decline as the young ones will not bother!!

I am expecting the normal Miller’s to come on and have a go at Brodie, but don’t give a rats, as “I am on the money” as usual!!!

Groundhog.jpg

6 hours ago, Basil said:

I was going to take Brodie's advice and not bother, since he's beyond all reason on this topic (and most others as well). But this particular claim is a blatant porky, as a simple look at the SAFE website would have revealed:

https://safe.org.nz/whipping

Worse still, it's been shown to be a porky multiple times on this forum, including as recently as December!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/108544739/horse-racing-the-sport-of-kings-or-dead-cert-gamblingdriven-animal-cruelty

If you must bore for NZ Brodie, at least stick to the truth.

Basil, you plonker, I have never told a porky yet on A blog site!

Name one?

When the whip rule for harness was brought in there was no issue with it from SAFE whatsoever,

They jumped the gun due to what the Ozzie’s were doing and they overturned their rule because it was stupid.

HRNZ left with egg on their faces!

Change it back!

Basil give up as you have no legitimate case or defence!

Edited by Brodie
  • Champ Post 2