Bit Of A Yarn

Yay- Stipes hammer our most recent successful Trainer/Driver!!!

Brodie

Back on topic - I couldn't fathom this fine after watching the video .....

JIMMY CANNON - raced wide early stages. When questioned regarding the improved performance Trainer/Driver D Keast advised that the gelding had broken during the running two starts ago when fresh up from a spell. Mr Keast added that the horse had not disappointed him in its most previous start after working hard in the middle stages and finishing in a close up position. Given this Mr Keast was not surprised by its efforts today, Mr Keast was fined the sum of $350.00 by the JCA for using his whip outside of the provisions of Clause (c) of the Use of Whip Regulations when using his whip in an uninterrupted manner in the middle stages.

• Like 2

Taku, he wanted to hold the lead at all costs, so he was tapping the horse continuously to maintain the lead!

Clearly the Stipes do not expect a driver to be using the whip to maintain the lead despite another horse having you on for a distance!

Hammer him with a big fine is the way to go so it can teach the young upstart that is on Fire a lesson and cut him down a peg or two!

Lets suspend him for 6 days the next time we can nail him on anything, if not the first day, then the second day!

We can not have young drivers breaking our blatantly stupid rules and we need to try and justify our huge salaries.

• Champ Post 1

I see Gavin Smith got a holiday for what can only be described as a shocking drive which forced Darren’s hand .

Darren didn’t have to give away the lead to a nil horse driven very poorly how else was he to maintain his earned position .

Gavin should of got a $1000 fine for his shocker if Darren deserved $350 .

Gavin effectively pulled his horse up after it was given a shocking run - I ask which drive should animal welfare be concerned about ?

• Like 1

The thing is that Darren’s horse still won despite being had on!

The sooner HRNZ or The Stipes damn well stop worrying about SAFE or Animal Rights people the better!

Seriously why should harness bow down to these groups when they haven’t even been worried about the HARNESS whip????

They are more concerned with chickens, pigs etc!

Basil, or anyone else, can you please enlighten everyone as to what the current whip rule is in Australia?

Bearing in mind that HRNZ panicked when Oz brought in the no whip rule, which we now know is never going to be enforced in Oz because the drivers will not accept it and secondly it is downright dangerous!

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

The sooner HRNZ or The Stipes damn well stop worrying about SAFE or Animal Rights people the better!

Seriously why should harness bow down to these groups when they haven’t even been worried about the HARNESS whip????

They are more concerned with chickens, pigs etc!

Brodie sand.jpg

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Brodie sand.jpg

Ranga, Show us where SAFE mentioned that they were concerned with the harness racing whip use, prior to the stupid rule being brought in by HRNZ?

You won’t be able to because they didn’t have any worries until it was brought to their attention by the media due to HRNZ bringing it to their attention!!!!

Head in the sand, I don’t think so!

Telling it the way it is, as per normal.

• Haha 1

Just now, Rangatira said:

come live in the now champ

FFS Ranga, please advise us all where a horse has complained about the force of the whip he has had used on him!

No whip and harness is gone as big punters won’t bother!

It is getting to that point now.

Lets have the TAB advise us of the amount being wagered on Fixed Harness daily!

They are driving the punters away!

3 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

i am not sure how well that will stand up when S.A.F.E. come knocking

but do give it a go sandy

Geez, why on earth would anyone be worried about SAFE?

What power have they really got to do anything?

What next, a group of unemployed greasy haired professional protestors standing outside the grandstand at Addington with placards?

Give us a break Ranga, no need to be running scared of that lot, seriously!

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Brodie said:

Basil, you plonker, I have never told a porky yet on A blog site!

Name one?

When the whip rule for harness was brought in there was no issue with it from SAFE whatsoever,

They jumped the gun due to what the Ozzie’s were doing and they overturned their rule because it was stupid.

HRNZ left with egg on their faces!

Change it back!

Basil give up as you have no legitimate case or defence!

So claiming (repeatedly) that SAFE hold a position that is in fact the complete opposite of their actual stated position is not a porky? Has the English language recently changed?

As to the wider point, I've said this before and now I'll say it again (despite the strain it puts on the supply of voodoo dolls in Basil's image) — anybody who moans about the 10-hit rule but doesn't support removing the confusion by changing 10 to zero is either (i) in cloud-cuckoo land or (ii) just likes hitting horses.

Which of (i) and (ii) are you?

42 minutes ago, Basil said:

So claiming (repeatedly) that SAFE hold a position that is in fact the complete opposite of their actual stated position is not a porky? Has the English language recently changed?

As to the wider point, I've said this before and now I'll say it again (despite the strain it puts on the supply of voodoo dolls in Basil's image) — anybody who moans about the 10-hit rule but doesn't support removing the confusion by changing 10 to zero is either (i) in cloud-cuckoo land or (ii) just likes hitting horses.

Basil, I ask again what porky or porkies have I told???

Basil, I repeat, SAFE did not have the harness whip use on their agenda when the whiprule was changed by HRNZ.

HRNZ changed it due to what Harness Australia had done in regards to banning of the whip, which is no longer going to happen!

Basil, if the whip is banned the punters will desert the harness industry big time, if you don’t believe that you are in cuckoo land!

• Champ Post 1

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

FFS Ranga, please advise us all where a horse has complained about the force of the whip he has had used on him!

No whip and harness is gone as big punters won’t bother!

It is getting to that point now.

Lets have the TAB advise us of the amount being wagered on Fixed Harness daily!

They are driving the punters away!

Geez you are losing the plot you loudmouthed know-all.

How the hell can a horse complain about being hit by a whip? Get real. The television show Mr Ed about a talking horse was fiction. Horses cannot speak. If they could I am sure they would not be happy about being whiplashed countless times during their racing careers and would say so. 

If you think the force of the whip causes no harm back up your words with action. Head out to Woodend Beach and get one of your idols the Dunns to give you a larruping with the whip. Would you be able to take 16 lashes with the whip? I doubt it. Once you have done that, come back and tell is if it hurt or not.

32 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

How the hell can a horse complain about being hit by a whip? Get real. The television show Mr Ed about a talking horse was fiction. Horses cannot speak. If they could I am sure they would not be happy about being whiplashed countless times during their racing careers and would say so. 

If you think the force of the whip causes no harm back up your words with action. Head out to Woodend Beach and get one of your idols the Dunns to give you a larruping with the whip. Would you be able to take 16 lashes with the whip? I doubt it. Once you have done that, come back and tell is if it hurt or not.

Pretty confident it would not hurt Brodie as he is so thick skinned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Pretty confident it would not hurt Brodie as he is so thick skinned.

Exactly!

Brodie is not scared to say what he thinks and what others are thinking but not prepared to say!

Whether you agree or not doesn’t worry me, but does need to be said!

Am I always on the money, of course I am and still waiting for the porky or porkies that I have said!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Exactly Whiteman, horses can’t speak as we know so no complaints!

No too sure why you call yourself a Whiteman, as tends to suggest you are a tad rascist

Loudmouthed na, has an opinion yes!

Everyones prerogative and you clearly have as well, and good on you Whiteman!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

not just your word either sandy,  video evidence would be required.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Whiteman, to be fair I am not really into that kinky whip stuff, and I wouldn’t recommend it for you, if you are an old man!,

6 hours ago, Basil said:

so the years of harness racing that we all loved was brought down to this, every owner, trainer and driver  when harness was at its finest was wrong? all used whips, name your classic driver , trainer or owner that disagreed? was it wolfy, was holmes, was A.G , was Maurie Mac, was tricky ricky  was it dex was it tim nat or kermit the muppet?    Big accusations there!

If this is the wider point, then i missed it! ..sorry basil, just an opinion mate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

JIMMY CANNON - raced wide early stages. When questioned regarding the improved performance Trainer/Driver D Keast advised that the gelding had broken during the running two starts ago when fresh up from a spell. Mr Keast added that the horse had not disappointed him in its most previous start after working hard in the middle stages and finishing in a close up position. Given this Mr Keast was not surprised by its efforts today, Mr Keast was fined the sum of $350.00 by the JCA for using his whip outside of the provisions of Clause (c) of the Use of Whip Regulations when using his whip in an uninterrupted manner in the middle stages.

5 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

are you talking about Jesus ? Do yourself a favor and regress, whips are a signal to the horse that the time is near, look at how many laps in training then fastwork? Your response is childish!

• Like 1

get your balls cut out by the vet and buried in the paddock basil, bet that hurts!!!   ,,, but cause the vets are torturing there clients standardbreds aswell ! (wah awah what do vets know?)how is that caged chicken that you have NEVER! eaten, or the caged pig that you eat? These horses are loved and admired by all that work with them!  why dont you do some research?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Taku Umanga said:

Agree!

5 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

You obviously dont get owm that your pun (whiplashed) is misguided, I am in no way!!! for cruelty to animals, Whiplash Smile was an album made by Billy Idol! and I liked the name dumbass!

58 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

You obviously dont get owm that your pun (whiplashed) is misguided, I am in no way!!! for cruelty to animals, Whiplash Smile was an album made by Billy Idol! and I liked the name dumbass!

Whiplash, the old fellah aimed his comment at Brodie and not you lol.

It is understandable as he has come over from The Darkside to try and ruin BOAY because they have bugger all left and are toast this year!

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Whiplash, the old fellah aimed his comment at Brodie and not you lol.

It is understandable as he has come over from The Darkside to try and ruin BOAY because they have bugger all left and are toast this year!

Or aged pale person as the p.c world would like him refered to!

Edited by Flagship uberalles
  • Champ Post 1