Bit Of A Yarn

Marcoola

boobybec

JJ Flash, Cross Codes,  Newmarket to a lesser degree and one or two others have come over from the Darkside as they are now totally bored with RC.

They are only trying disrupt the premier racing site Bit Of A Yarn because the other far inferior, almost destroyed site is almost history.

The ones who are trying to destroy this site need to lift their game because you are clearly transparent in what you are trying to do!

Go back and totally destroy your own site and then put your feet up and just watch how this site continues to improve without your waste of time input!

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'd like to correct you about the supposed "No moderation policy".  

There are clear simple guidelines:  don't write anything you wouldn't say in the pub when having a beer and a yarn with your mates and others; repect the privacy of families and those who are unable to defend themselves on this site and if anything is reported for moderation it will be dealt as soon as possible.

If grown ups want to throw their toys around at each other then that only reflects on the participants.

Also bear in mind that some of the contributors on this site have been banned for very little.

The so called "downward spiral" is in your hands.  However I'd disagree that it is an actual phenomena as the posts have been consistent since day one of BOAT and are still increasing.

Look Doug , this is your site and you can and should run it as you please. You and a few others on here have obvious historical grievances  with Racecafe. Thats your and their business not mine but surely you would agree that increasingly at times the animosity goes too far to be considered constructive or beneficial to your site.

The Darkside stuff is nothing but childish and boring humour IMHO which is probably why one poster has been told to get something new to post about.

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash

23 minutes ago, Brodie said:

JJ Flash, Cross Codes,  Newmarket to a lesser degree and one or two others have come over from the Darkside as they are now totally bored with RC.

They are only trying disrupt the premier racing site Bit Of A Yarn because the other far inferior, almost destroyed site is almost history.

The ones who are trying to destroy this site need to lift their game because you are clearly transparent in what you are trying to do!

Go back and totally destroy your own site and then put your feet up and just watch how this site continues to improve without your waste of time input!

I cant comment for CC and Newmarket but your very wide of the mark. Not trying to disrupt anything and don't believe i have since i made first post last week. Been accused and abused a bit but thats the way some like to operate on here.

Yes, i  can post on both sites and will continue to do so if i have something to say or offer. you and others wont decide that outcome. To do so would paint you as mere bullies or are you

Greg

7 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I cant comment for CC and Newmarket but your very wide of the mark. Not trying to disrupt anything and don't believe i have since i made first post last week. Been accused and abused a bit but thats the way some like to operate on here.

Yes, i  can post on both sites and will continue to do so if i have something to say or offer. you and others wont decide that outcome. To do so would paint you as mere bullies or are you

Greg

Of course you can post on both sites JJ!

Sometimes you need to have a thick skin, but several just come on to have a go at someone, which is the tedious part!

Brodie, will defend himself when posters accuse him of so eth8 g and then never once back it up!

If that is tedious then get the clowns to stop posting stuff that is totally incorrect!!!

As for bullying, that has only recently occurred and it hasn’t been started by the regular good posters that were given their marching orders from the other site!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Look Doug , this is your site and you can and should run it as you please. You and a few others on here have obvious historical grievances  with Racecafe. Thats your and their business not mine but surely you would agree that increasingly at times the animosity goes too far to be considered constructive or beneficial to your site.

The Darkside stuff is nothing but childish and boring humour IMHO which is probably why one poster has been told to get something new to post about.

Greg

Greg, nothing wrong with calling it the Darkside!

Firstly no point giving it promotion, whether it be good or bad and secondly slander is not my middle name!

48 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

Spot on JJ

Always keep an eye on what your opposition is doing

As much as I hate to say it, as I have lived this site for the last 9 months, but in the last few months, RC have raised their game substantially.  Scooby has either learnt  from the bad old days, or is being mentored by someone like Phillip Quay.

It is now BOAY that has the more toxic atmosphere, more threads closed, more off topic stuff(sorry, I realise this is also).

BOAY, no longer has this as an edge

And no, I am not interested in RC, I also have principles!!

Edited by hesi

24 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

I can't speak for others but I have nothing but contempt for the cartoon dog and the arrogant one. I've never had anyone speak to me the way both did from the safety of their keyboard. If they spoke to my face in a similar fashion, the next ride they took would be in the boot of my car. They are both totally inadequate men. The arrogant one uses his intellect to bully people and the moment it backfires, he gets others to do his bidding for him. They both epitomize hypocrisy and are worthy of contempt only. They took a perfectly good website and turned into an oxidation pond. I was there with Dave and Ange from day one so felt genuine sadness to see what self interest and bewildering arrogance did to the place. It's a divisive site where opinions are welcomed...as long as it's the same opinion they have and does not involved a member of the protected species. They created the need for this site which has given racing people an open voice and with little or no vested interest.

The cartoon dog realizes now he's totally blown it. He farcically attempts to portray himself now as the voice of reason but only because he's got virtually no members left to treat with contempt. He's clearly threatened by BOAY but attempts to mask that but even blind Freddy can through him. He and his brown noses ridicule this site which results in contempt being displayed back toward them. The only bad vibes I have read here come from oxidation pond plants on a quest to disrupt the chilled flow of this place. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'd like to correct you about the supposed "No moderation policy".  

There are clear simple guidelines:  don't write anything you wouldn't say in the pub when having a beer and a yarn with your mates and others; repect the privacy of families and those who are unable to defend themselves on this site and if anything is reported for moderation it will be dealt as soon as possible.

If grown ups want to throw their toys around at each other then that only reflects on the participants.

Also bear in mind that some of the contributors on this site have been banned for very little.

The so called "downward spiral" is in your hands.  However I'd disagree that it is an actual phenomena as the posts have been consistent since day one of BOAY and are still increasing.

Without doubt, the benchmark for respectful online communication is to express yourself the way you would if you were at the pub yarning with your mates. It's exactly how I communicate online and why I value this site. Moderating with this in mind creates an open and chilled environment to express perspectives. 

My pet hate in life are superheroes that attempt to bully and stand over others online when in the real world, they are a virtual ant in a puddle of piss. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, hesi said:

Spot on JJ

Always keep an eye on what your opposition is doing

As much as I hate to say it, as I have lived this site for the last 9 months, but in the last few months, RC have raised their game substantially.  Scooby has either learnt  from the bad old days, or is being mentored by someone like Phillip Quay.

It is now BOAY that has the more toxic atmosphere, more threads closed, more off topic stuff(sorry, I realise this is also).

BOAY, no longer has this as an edge

And no, I am not interested in RC, I also have principles!!

If you don't believe me, have a look at the thread with my name on it at RC.

They could have had a field day with it, with the issues over Thomass, but Scooby, to his credit, has quelled any further comment on it, not by closing the thread, but by a simple comment about what to focus on

Hesi you obviously didn't read my post.  I said one more post off topic and the thread is closed.

As for your observations I'm not interested.

What happened in this thread if anyone bothers to read it in its entirety is one person misinterpreted one innocuous topic and bit.  Then someone else threw their toys and so on.

Further I'm not going to read every post nor take the high ground hypocritically nor can I preempt any post.

BTW what's the latest on Marcoola?

• Chief Stipe locked, unlocked and locked this topic