Bit Of A Yarn

King Louie's change of tactics OUTRAGE!

Thomass

9 hours ago, Thomass said:

How ridiculous 

what cost is there in connections informing Stewards and then tweeting for 20 seconds?

sfa

I'd estimate about $10 per notification. Someone has to pay, so I guess the poor owner can just cough up some more.

3 - 4 minutes of time from the trainer and the steward each. Yep, $10 easily. Not even counting monitoring/checking the outcome of the change.

And what will the industry get back from that. Your last line - sfa.

I'm pretty confident that if the rule exists, they will have to monitor it. Any that don't comply, more time. More expense.

Edited by mardigras

1 minute ago, Thomass said:

Hilarious stuff...

why not just stop checking all gear...which is what happens now...

Stakemoney will sky rocket if They get rid of integrity functions too...

Give up

They already do that, and if you look at the cost of the RIU, the industry certainly pays for it.

Change of tactics has no relationship with integrity. Only in your useless mind.

An industry struggling, and you want owners to pay even more.

And some NZ trainers behave with INTEGRITY towards the product

Kevin Grey recently reported his neddy WHAT A SMASHER would be ridden from behind...he didn't have to

Told the Stewards...who told Sweenz...who told the minuscule numbers watching Trackside

To JUST GET ON the new uncontested leader...who duly won

Did the Stewards tweet this info...as they do in Aus...to the masses who can't be sitting watching Trackside all day

...and who had done their speed maps before the race...but were not privy to the new info

No, of course not

No wonder NZ Punters have gone AWOL

3 hours ago, mardigras said:

I'd estimate about $10 per notification. Someone has to pay, so I guess the poor owner can just cough up some more.

3 - 4 minutes of time from the trainer and the steward each. Yep, $10 easily. Not even counting monitoring/checking the outcome of the change.

And what will the industry get back from that. Your last line - sfa.

I'm pretty confident that if the rule exists, they will have to monitor it. Any that don't comply, more time. More expense.

Why would you have to pay for it? At most meetings they seem to have 4 stewards so what the hell do they do? surely one of them can be in charge of obtaining information/changes etc and passing it on,or is that too much like 2019...

19 minutes ago, Kopia said:

Why would you have to pay for it? At most meetings they seem to have 4 stewards so what the hell do they do? surely one of them can be in charge of obtaining information/changes etc and passing it on,or is that too much like 2019...

That's right kop

Its like what was accepted in the 80's as understood....is totes different in this day and age

IMG_0582.JPG

1 hour ago, Kopia said:

Who pays for the trainer's time?

Who pays for the investigation time?

Nothing comes for free. There is always a cost.

Maybe I'll give a trainer a horse to gallop. He's already doing that for another. Won't cost me anything.

Edited by mardigras

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

Maybe I'll give a trainer a horse to gallop. He's already doing that for another. Won't cost me anything.

What about having a box to tick alongside GEAR CHANGES on the Trainers only site they have?

JIGGER 

IMG_0583.JPG

5 hours ago, mardigras said:

Stewards get paid regardless. They are on salaries. So why should owners pay them anything?  I don't get your post. They get paid for doing sweet f all most of the time.

thomas  can you tell me   what would you did  if you   had to restrain a  horse going to   start woukd you  

a   let it   go  to    front and tire  out 

or    come from the back

you   just had to see  him going to start  to    suggest johns plan wouldnt work  

14 hours ago, Kopia said:

Stewards get paid regardless. They are on salaries. So why should owners pay them anything?  I don't get your post. They get paid for doing sweet f all most of the time.

I hope you don't run a business that way. You're now suggesting they aren't employed to do a job already and that you can just add extra work to staff and it doesn't cost you, because you think they're doing sfa most of the time. I wouldn't want to work for you.

Why would you want a unit tasked with racing integrity to administer something that has zero to do with racing integrity? Why not ask them to bake you some scones if they're doing sfa most of the time. Or maybe run some face painting for the kids at the races.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, gee said:

thomas  can you tell me   what would you did  if you   had to restrain a  horse going to   start woukd you  

a   let it   go  to    front and tire  out 

or    come from the back

you   just had to see  him going to start  to    suggest johns plan wouldnt work  

Gee, if I had to restrain a neddy my menisci would explode, both sets of brachii would be torn to shreds, and that's all before my poor f in coracobrachialis got munted...

...but I choose Option b of course

Coming from behind is my raisin de tear in life as it always feels good coming over the top of the rest...

you?

44 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I hope you don't run a business that way. You're now suggesting they aren't employed to do a job already and that you can just add extra work to staff and it doesn't cost you, because you think they're doing sfa most of the time. I wouldn't want to work for you.

Why would you want a unit tasked with racing integrity to administer something that has zero to do with racing integrity? Why not ask them to bake you some scones if they're doing sfa most of the time. Or maybe run some face painting for the kids at the races.

Why are the INTEGRITY boys in Singas and Arse tweeting change of tactics if it's got nothing to do with them then?

4 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Because they've listened to too many stupid people like you. Explain one aspect of change in tactics which is related to race integrity?

Because their Bosses have deemed it as part of their INTEGRITY function...

Having Matty come off VOLKSTOCKINBARREL in a G2 race and telling Punters...

"we were experimenting" simply means they were experimenting with Punters money...

Next you'll be saying your mate Weiry was entitled to keep his jigger training a secret

26 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Because they've listened to too many stupid people like you. Explain one aspect of change in tactics which is related to race integrity?

How are things travelling in the r.i.u. at the moment mardi ? Enjoying the job ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Because their Bosses have deemed it as part of their INTEGRITY function...

Having Matty come off VOLKSTOCKINBARREL in a G2 race and telling Punters...

"we were experimenting" simply means they were experimenting with Punters money...

Next you'll be saying your mate Weiry was entitled to keep his jigger training a secret

Trainers "experiment" all the time.  It's called training a race horse.  They are always looking to get the best out of their horses.

Sometimes the "experiment" works sometimes it doesn't.  As a punter if you can work out when then maybe you'd be better training than punting.

I can't see the benefit of telling anyone what your race tactic will be.  In harness they call that match fixing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Trainers "experiment" all the time.  It's called training a race horse.  They are always looking to get the best out of their horses.

Sometimes the "experiment" works sometimes it doesn't.  As a punter if you can work out when then maybe you'd be better training than punting.

I can't see the benefit of telling anyone what your race tactic will be.  In harness they call that match fixing.

Most horses have an established racing 'position'...nothing to do with training

Last year Steph Marsh and Steve McKee said..."yes we should have the rule"

They recognised the need to stay in touch with the punting dollar's competition in Aus and Singapore

Kevin Gray recognised that need when signalling his 'experiment'...stuffed up by the non reporting stipes 

And some trainers wonder why Punters have buggered off to Australia still??

Beggers belief their stupidity

And if she wants to settle a horse to relax it...

She knows she'll have to notify punters

FFS, Waller does this willingly...

I heard an interview with him once about providing Punters with as much information as possible

He knows what drives prizemoney

Or he'd be running for ribbons or in Yearling Sales races...once a year or so

Edited by Thomass

4 minutes ago, Thomass said:

And if she wants to settle a horse to relax it...

She knows she'll have to notify punters

FFS, Waller does this willingly...

I heard an interview with him once about providing Punters with as much information as possible

He knows what drives prizemoney

Or he'd be running for ribbons or in Yearling Sales races...once a year or so

But the reality is because you don't know if the change in tactic will work how can you factor that into your betting selections?  I guess it provides more fodder for the mug punter to analyse.