Bit Of A Yarn

King Louie's change of tactics OUTRAGE!

Thomass

I'm still yet to read what this has to do with racing integrity.

Probably because it has nothing to do with racing integrity.

If trainers want to share information because they think it may help retain punters and their betting, good on them. If they don't, that should be their choice.

But it isn't an integrity function.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Try INTEGRITY 101

"Report anything that may affect the performance of a horse"

including wind ops, in foal, and TACTICS

Ridden 'upside down' is in the lexicon of Thoroughbred racing ffs

Thomass you are getting repetitive AGAIN!  At the end of the day as Mardi has pointed out NONE of those things have much bearing on selecting a horse BEFORE it races.

Just now, Thomass said:

Try INTEGRITY 101

"Report anything that may affect the performance of a horse"

including wind ops, in foal, and TACTICS

Ridden 'upside down' is in the lexicon of Thoroughbred racing ffs

I love that rule. Because in general they are referring to 'negatives'. 

However, if you take the rule seriously, every trainer would be charged at every horse start. 

This is about a future event, not something that has happened in the past that may affect the performance of the horse.

According to you, being 3 wide may affect the performance of the horse. Running over a different distance than before, may affect the performance of the horse. Running on a different track, may affect the performance. 

But what is clear, no matter how much information you get, it won't affect the performance of your punting, loser.

3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thomass you are getting repetitive AGAIN!  At the end of the day as Mardi has pointed out NONE of those things have much bearing on selecting a horse BEFORE it races.

It's no doubt why the stewards Twitter accounts have relatively so few followers. Such important information but no one wants it.

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Massively they do....

Grey wanted to teach his neddy to settle...on a massive leader bias day....

...contrary to popular opinion it's been shown 'in foal' mares performances deteriorate 

Its then up to a punter what they would like to do with that information

wake up

7 minutes ago, mardigras said:

It's no doubt why the stewards Twitter accounts have relatively so few followers. Such important information but no one wants it.

NZ Thoroughbred Punters are inundated with disgraceful hound and thieves tweets as well...

...and then the useless RIU often don't bother tweeting a change in track conditions...as per last week

4 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Massively they do....

Grey wanted to teach his neddy to settle...on a massive leader bias day....

...contrary to popular opinion it's been shown 'in foal' mares performances deteriorate 

Its then up to a punter what they would like to do with that information

wake up

And it will all cost more. Extra paid stewards to monitor and investigate 'information' that they don't have to do now. Every horse that has a notification, along with every horse that doesn't.

More time questioning trainers/jockeys because 'information' didn't pan out.

I hardly think NZ needs to spend money on 'information' that no one seems to want.

Wake up.

7 minutes ago, mardigras said:

And it will all cost more. Extra paid stewards to monitor and investigate 'information' that they don't have to do now. Every horse that has a notification, along with every horse that doesn't.

More time questioning trainers/jockeys because 'information' didn't pan out.

I hardly think NZ needs to spend money on 'information' that no one seems to want.

Wake up.

Precisely.  Before the race - "we are going to race forward today."  After the race - "he missed the jump so stayed back."

Or the Stewards ask the jockey - "why did you travel wide without cover when you could have got in closer?"

Answer - "because the trainer told you that the horse was going to put forward.  Unfortunately the horse wasn't good enough to get there."

41 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Punters know and accept they're not dealing with machine betting...who knew?

They don't accept

"we were experimenting today"

read 'with our f in money'!!

They are experimenting with punters money a lot. Tweaking something in training, feed regime, location, beach work, swimming. 

'with our f in money'.

I think they should be applauded for trying different things. Some will go well for them, some won't. If punters make the assumption a horse races in a certain position and will do so again this race, more fool them.

Edited by mardigras

And we wonder why NZ Punters bet more on Arstralian racing

Its the WHOLE PACKAGE

Tracks, integrity, information

We can't even provide a pen. Reading...

Speed maps on Racing NSW web site...that you can rely on....changed by NOTIFICATION 

Ask Waller what he thinks about that...he loves helping out punters

He knows he'd be racing at the Gymkhana for a doz. Whakachungas without them

wake up

20 hours ago, mardigras said:

They are experimenting with punters money a lot. Tweaking something in training, feed regime, location, beach work, swimming. 

'with our f in money'.

I think they should be applauded for trying different things. Some will go well for them, some won't. If punters make the assumption a horse races in a certain position and will do so again this race, more fool them.

Exactly, mardi... sometimes very tiny changes in training regime, feed, environment, the weather, having a certain horsey mate in a box alongside them or training with them, makes a horse happier healthier etc. Ridiculous that trainers should have to explain everything they do/have done with the punter in mind. It's the punter's risk to back a horse on any given day at the odds offered.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Exactly, mardi... sometimes very tiny changes in training regime, feed, environment, the weather, having a certain horsey mate in a box alongside them or training with them, makes a horse happier healthier etc. Ridiculous that trainers should have to explain everything they do/have done with the punter in mind. It's the punter's risk to back a horse on any given day at the odds offered.

Yes, actually it's taken as read that "report anything that may affect its performance" doesn't include minor shit like taking a donkey to the races with said animal

It DOES include "we were experimenting" with this horse...in. a G2 prep race for the Derby...

The Feds in Australia understand, trainers like Waller know the difference 

why can't a rodent?

I see two different issues here :

(1) The first is what takes place with the horse prior to racing-training/feeding/vet/farrier etc

(2) The second is what takes place in the birdcage when the trainer legs the jockey up and is asking the jockey to something specific while riding the horse, i.e. whatever the previous rider of the horse did, ' I would like you to do this instead'. I see that as a specific issue that punters should be made aware of...just like the stipes have to be told ( if a mare ) this mare just tested positive and is in foal. Or do some of you still think this is not a requirement? 

I'm with Tommo, anything affecting the racing of a horse should be notified and punters made aware-before the race.

• Champ Post 1

18 minutes ago, Kopia said:

I see two different issues here :

(1) The first is what takes place with the horse prior to racing-training/feeding/vet/farrier etc

(2) The second is what takes place in the birdcage when the trainer legs the jockey up and is asking the jockey to something specific while riding the horse, i.e. whatever the previous rider of the horse did, ' I would like you to do this instead'. I see that as a specific issue that punters should be made aware of...just like the stipes have to be told ( if a mare ) this mare just tested positive and is in foal. Or do some of you still think this is not a requirement? 

I'm with Tommo, anything affecting the racing of a horse should be notified and punters made aware-before the race.

To (1), if it is a negative to the preparation of the horse.

To (2), trainers discretion. I see no reasons why punters need or should know. If a trainer wants to submit that, fine, but there should be no investigation if it doesn't occur. Punter beware.

On mares in foal, that should only be in relation to welfare around the rules of racing as to when a mare in foal can no longer race. I don't see any need for punters to know. So at jurisdiction discretion.

On mares being served, again, discretionary is how it should be. 

On your last sentence, I expect the volume of shit a horse has dumped each of the last 7 days is important from a punting perspective. When would the requirements end?

22 hours ago, Thomass said:

Punters know and accept they're not dealing with machine betting...who knew?

They don't accept

"we were experimenting today"

read 'with our f in money'!!

With all due respect Thomas,

remember if a trainer is experimenting running a horse forward or back ,whilst you may have bet $100 to find out (and it does work at times) spare a thought for the poor old owner , who's forking out $100+ a day to find out , and that's before the poor bugger has even had a bet

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

On 7/02/2019 at 8:33 AM, Thomass said:

Gee, if I had to restrain a neddy my menisci would explode, both sets of brachii would be torn to shreds, and that's all before my poor f in coracobrachialis got munted...

...but I choose Option b of course

Coming from behind is my raisin de tear in life as it always feels good coming over the top of the rest...

you?

yeah well that don't suprise me  the haunts  you go to     mens  spas  n  the such  

22 hours ago, Thomass said:

Yes, actually it's taken as read that "report anything that may affect its performance" doesn't include minor shit like taking a donkey to the races with said animal

It DOES include "we were experimenting" with this horse...in. a G2 prep race for the Derby...

The Feds in Australia understand, trainers like Waller know the difference 

why can't a rodent?

you are blotting your copybook this week, Thomass with this last remark....you couldnt resist the temptation to try and offend a poster whose opinion is at odds with your own ..'why can't a rodent?

A Weasel is not a rodent. It is a mustelid. For the gazillionth time on this forum, Thomass, you are ...WRONG.

• Like 1

Oh gee soz...but you keep going on about how mustadly you are...and the ones I have on the farm,..are very rodent like in behaviour 

I get called thomarse many times...are you sure you ain't called moi that Mr. mustuddly?

But I'm sure a ferret then...could understand the need to match the competition for the punting $?

The overall punter's package that racing in Arse supplies?

Most Punters want this info

Australia and Singapore asked their most IMPORTANT customers

And they received feedback...

to INCLUDE this info

We didn't 

Oatham "were different...it wouldn't work here"

It did and it does John...and from someone who doesn't punt ffs

No f in idea

Racing Vic. and NSW do...who cares about the rest?

Waller can't believe NZ doesn't supply this type of BASIC info....

He realises the vast range of information the likes of HK supplies directly corresponds with Punters investments

And you stupidly highlight the cost of a basic tweet...twit