Bit Of A Yarn

King Louie's change of tactics OUTRAGE!

Thomass

3 minutes ago, mardigras said:

It's already well covered under the current racing rules. If the stipes can't administer them, that's the problem. 

Adding an extra piece unrelated to integrity, is unlikely to be done any better by them.

Absolute rubbish

Any Jock/trainer can change tactics at their behest...

...Any f in time they want...and "experiment" with Punters money

Imagine the Stockmarket accepting a "were experimenting" with shareholders money...without notification 

Its called INSIDER TRADING

The owners/trainer/Jockey/Jockey manager know...but nobody else 

That 'Board' would end up in the Grey Bar Hotel picking up each other's soap

8 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Absolute rubbish

Any Jock/trainer can change tactics at their behest...

...Any f in time they want...and "experiment" with Punters money

Imagine the Stockmarket accepting a "were experimenting" with shareholders money...without notification 

Its called INSIDER TRADING

The owners/trainer/Jockey/Jockey manager know...but nobody else 

That 'Board' would end up in the Grey Bar Hotel picking up each other's soap

What a load of bollocks.

Jockeys and trainers are allowed to change tactics. Just like the All Blacks do.

As to business leaders. It's not insider trading, it's running a business.

I have shares, and I don't get told all the strategy of those organisations. 

You have such little knowledge. Incredible.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mardigras said:

What a load of bollocks.

Jockeys and trainers are allowed to change tactics. Just like the All Blacks do.

As to business leaders. It's not insider trading, it's running a business.

I have shares, and I don't get told all the strategy of those organisations. 

You have such little knowledge. Incredible.

You said "it's covered under the rules"

Plainly it isn't....any Jockey/trainer can "experiment" ...read with Punters money

And Of course it's INSIDER TRADING

If the Jockey Manager has suggested dropping out...that leaves a certain front runner to get a cosy lead...as in the WHATA A SMASHER case..

and identified pre race by Jockey Manager Sweeney

That Manager can 'trade' on that INSIDE INFORMATION

And the reason why Racing NSW has banned them betting now

Youre so incredibly pig ignorant...Keep up

Of course it's covered by the rules. Every horse is to run on its merits. Are you claiming that in these experiments, the horse doesn't run on its merits?

Every start is an experiment. Since the same thing will never happen twice.

As for others trading on the information, that is not the same as punters requiring the info. Just do what a decent jurisdiction does and stop dissemination of non-public information to other people for them to gain from. Like in the UK.

If a jockey manager suggests dropping out, how is the trainer going to notify something they don't know?

Mountain/molehill as usual. 

43 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Of course it's covered by the rules. Every horse is to run on its merits. Are you claiming that in these experiments, the horse doesn't run on its merits?

Every start is an experiment. Since the same thing will never happen twice.

As for others trading on the information, that is not the same as punters requiring the info. Just do what a decent jurisdiction does and stop dissemination of non-public information to other people for them to gain from. Like in the UK.

If a jockey manager suggests dropping out, how is the trainer going to notify something they don't know?

Mountain/molehill as usual. 

Of course not..that's what you suggested!

Everyone, bar you, knows it's DARULES ok?

Dropping back and 'experimenting' merely suggests they think the new 'style' is worth trying...nobody, bar you, as a second Lingo student, were under any other impression

If the Jockey Manager suggests the tactics... the requirement is for them or the Jockey to notify the Trainer

With the U.K. There's no rule...just a 'loose lips sink ships' suggestion to keep stable chatter to themselves...

As for INSIDE INFORMATION...

It clearly is as such if the Jockey Manager knows something that will benefit his betting...that other 'traders' don't 

Go back to trading school 101

11 minutes ago, Thomass said:

If the Jockey Manager suggests the tactics... the requirement is for them or the Jockey to notify the Trainer

If the idea of the experiment is that it will work, good on them for giving it a go. Steve Hansen probably does similar.

Why would a trainer listen to a jockey manager? You're obsessed with them.

18 minutes ago, Thomass said:

It clearly is as such if the Jockey Manager knows something that will benefit his betting...that other 'traders' don't

As I said, make it a rule preventing non public information being given to others for the purpose of gaining from it. Simple.

It's a long bow to suggest it can help their betting. But you're stupid enough to believe it.

Edited by mardigras

Do the Singapore and Arse Rugby Unions require their coaches to reveal tactics...na

Our gambling Opposition does...

Its the WHOLE package of total INFORMATION IMMERSION 

Its grown up big boys stuff this...so I don't expect you to grasp it

Match the Burger Royale with f in Gorgonzola or f off

Its just that simple

• 3 weeks later...

So Kenny Moore having Hols in Bali...Pattaya??

Pauly Harris gets to saddle up BLUEYS LAST...in the first

Got first...

9th/14 just 4 days ago...when leading

Tanya Jonker after the win

" oh yes we decided to race him from the back today"

No wonder NZ Punters have buggered off

Arstralia would have required Tanya to notify that b/s

Here...na...

f me

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The previous run Bluey's Chance had a good draw and attempted to utilise that by running along in the lead, which he normally enjoys.  This start he had a bad draw so the decision was made by me (Kenny) in conjunction with Tanya to drop back from said draw, as to go forward risked using too much energy and getting stuck three wide.  The decision paid off with Tanya giving him a lovely economical trip.  So sorry but no conspiracy, no intention to defraud, just a trainer and a jockey making the best decision for the horse, the owner and the punters.  It's what we are paid to do

• Champ Post 1

On 8/05/2019 at 5:06 PM, Mustang Kenny said:

The previous run Bluey's Chance had a good draw and attempted to utilise that by running along in the lead, which he normally enjoys.  This start he had a bad draw so the decision was made by me (Kenny) in conjunction with Tanya to drop back from said draw, as to go forward risked using too much energy and getting stuck three wide.  The decision paid off with Tanya giving him a lovely economical trip.  So sorry but no conspiracy, no intention to defraud, just a trainer and a jockey making the best decision for the horse, the owner and the punters.  It's what we are paid to do

And good on you Kenny...what's best for the horse and ultimately winning is what counts..

however...moi's point is that our PUNTING COMPETITORS Singas and Arse have this 'change of tactics' rule

You would have noted doyens like Waller grasp this rule into said bosoms with glee...

They know where their bread and butter comes from...

The PUNTER...

..you Pauly and Waller would be running for red ribbons and a plastic Cup Trophy else.., 

Going to the lead one day..then 4 days later having a diametrically opposed tactic does not engender Punter goodwill and joy

Thry just bugger off and punt on Cage fighting instead

best

• Champ Post 1

Correct me if I am wrong but the horse Tightlign won his last start. I am sure they said on Trackside (before or after the race) that the stipes were informed that the horse would be ridden from the back but after they jumped the horse went forward and led all the way.

I didn't mind as I had backed him anyway and was quite happy to see him in front.

11 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the horse Tightlign won his last start. I am sure they said on Trackside (before or after the race) that the stipes were informed that the horse would be ridden from the back but after they jumped the horse went forward and led all the way.

I didn't mind as I had backed him anyway and was quite happy to see him in front.

That's correct ATA...obviously rules like this aren't fail safe in dealing with living beings...

The rule is always prefaced with 'it's the intention' though....Punters can accept that

What they can't accept is Matty Camo getting off a Derby fav in a race before the D telling punters

"we dropped him back to experiment"...

Read 'experimenting with Punters money'

In the old days Stakeholders could have said "that's Racing and owners are entitled"

Were in a totally different 'survival' environment now...ignoring what the punting competition does is sheer bloody ignorance to the reality of the dire situation...

• Champ Post 2

Its about integrity of the product nod.....

Waller loves looking after the Punter and realises Arstralian and Singapore racing lives and dies with INTEGRITY....and da PUNTA....

Shillings for Jillings would have loved the rule!

• Champ Post 1

On 9/05/2019 at 8:44 PM, Mustang Kenny said:

I would have thought the wide draw would make that the quite obvious scenario.  Any good punter would no how to read the probabilities of a race.

While you're there Kenny....

A couple of months back Paul got into trouble for handing Tanya something while heading out of the mounting yard...

...he said it was a tongue tie...given that the horse hadn't had one on the previous start or in this instance....it sort of doesn't make sense it was a TT

....then Tanya handed something back to him just as they headed onto the track...

could you finally clear the air and tell us what it was?

Ive bet the left it was a can of minties...spearmint flavour

Am I right?

Nothing sinister.  Paul thought the horse had a tongue tie on and noticed as leaving birdcage that the strapper had not put it on.  Had one in his pocket so handed it to Tanya to get put on.  Tanya handed it back as you cant give jockeys anything.  Nothing sinister, just human error on Paul’s part but not a good look and action was taken accordingly.

• Like 1